Winter - The Hockey (NHL) thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Winter The Hockey (NHL) thread

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
urrrr you follow the female hockey? 13-1 to canada against sweden. The media and people totally crushed the team and wanted them to come home and leave WO the rest of the games. Holy fuck it was an embarrasing thing to watch...

I'd say Canada first, USA as a runner-up and Sweden 3rd in the men's though. Or perhaps Finland third, they played really well against belarus last night.

edit: yeah I have a mate playing in Sweden :d Simon Dahl, he was doing really good, great final tho :)

predsfan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA,!!!!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest :p. I know it's only a preliminary win, but still we haven't beaten Canada in the Olympics since 1960, and it was on Canadian soil. Hope they can get the gold, but I'm realistic and will be happy with a medal of any sort.

Oh, and Ryan Miller=Beast.

urrrr you follow the female hockey? 13-1 to canada against sweden. The media and people totally crushed the team and wanted them to come home and leave WO the rest of the games. Holy fuck it was an embarrasing thing to watch...
I can't get into womens hockey. The U.S. and Canada are just blowing everyone out, and the scores are just ridiculous. I think there was an 18-1 game in there somewhere :o. I'll probably watch the gold medal game though because I can assume there won't be a blowout there.

I'd say Canada first, USA as a runner-up and Sweden 3rd in the men's though. Or perhaps Finland third, they played really well against belarus last night.
I could still see this happening. Canada looked good tonight but had some bad bounces on a few of the goals and Brodeur wasn't all that stellar. It'll be interesting to see if they keep him in goal or go with Luongo.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sweden take gold either. They looked damn good against Finland.

worm34

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, seeing as hockey season is coming back up, who is excited for another full year of hockey. I definitely am! If the season is like last year, this year should be even more amazing.

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/hockey/nhl/09/07/khl.yaroslavl.plane.crash.ap/

One of the biggest tragedy in ice hokey's history. A plane with KHL Lokomotiv Yaroslavl's A team crashed.
More than 40 are dead.

Now, I haven't got words. On board was my favourite hockey player, Pavol Demitra. He couldn't know, last IIHF world championship (2011, my country) he was saying farewell not just to Slovak representation, but to whole world as well.
Of course, it's not just him, it's like, the whole team was wiped out.

Oh God.

Ochiru

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Well I dont know that much about NHL but about hockey I do since Ive played it ever since I was 4 and quitted it when I was 13 we went into Canada once and we came out in second place since from Finland I played on the team called Helsinki Jokers as for NHL my favourite players are Tim Thomas,Teemu Selänne,Valtteri Filppula and Sidney Crosby

Payne222

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
WOOOOOOOOOOOO! Hockey season is back, baby! :D I can't wait to see my Hawks move further than the First Round (which they didn't even deserve to be in last year) and keep the smack down in the Playoffs, especially against the Canucks.

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Sorry to break it to you hun but your hawks got nothing on Ekman and the Coyotes. :cheez

jakensama

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone watching the Stanley Cup Finals? 3 of the 5 games have gone to overtime, one of them was triple overtime! This whole NHL playoffs has been insanely exciting.

---------- Post added June 25, 2013 at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was June 22, 2013 at 11:04 PM ----------

Down 2-1, final period, a bit over a minute left. Then in 17 seconds the Blackhawks score 2 goals, taking a 3-2 lead to win the game. What a way to finish and become the 2013 NHL champs! City was crazy last night, everyone partying on the streets, screamin', cheering.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
This thread hasn't been used since 2013 but NHL is still a thing. Anyone been keeping up with the playoffs?