The JS Scans Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The JS Scans Thread

Spikey2713

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Nice to meet you, everyone! And welcome to our group, namely JS Scans!!!

Thanks for the suggestion from I'm_Akiyama from Mangahelpers, I decided to open a thread for my leader's group to letting our members to have a discussion here, or receive any reviews, complains, suggestions and much more from the members in Mangahelpers. So, please look after us more often:)

Our group is mainly focusing on the series namely Zettai Karen Children. And the main language for it is English, and the secondary is Chinese which just started lately (Starting from 193). I joined in the group last year on April or May something (I forgot XD LoL).

Our group is still very small compared to other famous groups^^ And the projects we're holding aren't very much. But we will try to do our best to let the readers enjoy reading, which is what we intented to do every day.

I'm not so good in Edited Manga yet and my english grammar is not that good. Luckily that many members here had helped me out a lot. I want to take an opportunity to say THANKS here.

Information about our group, JS Scans:
Edited Manga projects:
1) Zettai Karen Children (English and Chinese)
2) Appearance of Yellow Dragon (English)
3) Mushibugyo (English)
On Hold Projects:
1) Gintama (Mainly want to fill up the missing chapters)
2) Hayate No Gotoku! (Same as Gintama)
Leaders:
Kioras (Mainly the Cleaner, Editor, Typesetter, Proofreader)
Members:
1) js06 (English Translator)
2) Spikey2713 (Chinese Translator, Cleaner, Editor, Typesetter)
3) BlazeHawkins (Proofreader)
4) Thaewyn (Proofreader)
5) Lovelychildren_fan (Cleaner, Editor, Typesetter) (On Training)

We don't have much problems to do Zettai Karen Children Edited Mangas. But sometimes we're being slowed down cause of picking up a better quality raw. It because we want to do HQ/MQ and secondly we're still rookie in doing editing and cleaning (Well, Kioras won't have much problem XD). And we really had given some troubles to other groups too (Like using other members' translation on the On-hold projects I mentioned above without permissions) Again I want to take this opportunity to say I'M REALLY SORRY TO CAUSE TROUBLES. This time I will learned the lessons and take on Edited Manga works more carefully.

We might need some experienced cleaners/editor so we might able to release more HQ chapters. Also some translators for the Gintama/Hayate No Gotoku's missing chapters and references. And if any members willing to join us and have their own projects to do so, you're welcome to discuss with Kioras, our group leader. I sure he'll be pleased.

That's all so far. Thank you for entering this thread and discuss.

Last edited:

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
What made you interested in starting to scan manga?
So what was the hardest part starting out in the beginning?
What moment in ZKC made you laugh the most?

As a fellow Manga Editor I think you do some amazing work, especially since you clean and typeset your chapters by your lonesome self sometimes.

lovelychildren_fan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Second one to post question here! Spikey-san, can you tell me the steps to clean the title page?

Spikey2713

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
What made you interested in starting to scan manga?
So what was the hardest part starting out in the beginning?
What moment in ZKC made you laugh the most?

As a fellow Manga Editor I think you do some amazing work, especially since you clean and typeset your chapters by your lonesome self sometimes.
1)What made you interested in starting to scan manga?
Answer: Because ZKC is one of my favourite series, and I want to let ZKC to get more fans and share the same favourites. Even since I visited Mangahelpers to find the latest chapter of Zettai Karen Children last year (On March or May...after the anime version of ZKC had ended). And after first contact with Kioras, the leader of JS Scans, I volunteered to help him. But it didn't start out good XD (It's a shame to say, I gave Kioras troubles :sweatdrop).

2) So what was the hardest part starting out in the beginning?
Cleaning. I didn't know about leveling or anything back then. Clean the texts in the title page (not in bubble) was the hardest. Also in the beginning I try to do translation, but grammar was turning out bad...and I was a beginner of Photoshop user. So as a result, I gave Kioras a lot of trouble in Editing volume 15, and I even received some PM that my works sucked XD But Kioras didn't scold me and instead teach me how to do things. So I learned a lot about Photoshop from him and do research on the tutorial around the net. And later, I decided to follow the translations of js06, the english translator of JS Scans. From that point I starting to do well.

3) What moment in ZKC made you laugh the most?
Chapter 188 - The Lake Secret Part 1. Where Kaoru is very angry and jealous of Minamoto being kissed by Feather.

I believe a lot of fans love this kind of scene. You can't helped yourself but laugh on this silly couple fighting scenes XD

Well I didn't always do things alone...now there're someone who wanting to help out because of same interest and favourites. I believe our group will be getting merrier XD

Second one to post question here! Spikey-san, can you tell me the steps to clean the title page?
If it was me, I will use clone tools to clean up the title on page 2. (I had read 208 raw, so I believe you're asking this.) See if you got any similiar tool function on GIMP or Comic Studio?

Last edited:

lovelychildren_fan

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
The clone tool? Let's see, I have the healing tool here, so I'll try that.(Is that work?) I'll find some tutorial...

Spikey2713

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
The clone tool? Let's see, I have the healing tool here, so I'll try that.(Is that work?) I'll find some tutorial...
When I used photoshop, I used clone tool and hold ALT and move the mouse to the the part of the picture I want (Not the place that I want to clean) and click it to copy the part. Then release ALT and move to the place I wanted to clean up and click on it. So you can like copy the pattern into the cleaning spots. You can go and try out youtube and find some video tutorials.

lovelychildren_fan

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
When I used photoshop, I used clone tool and hold ALT and move the mouse to the the part of the picture I want (Not the place that I want to clean) and click it to copy the part. Then release ALT and move to the place I wanted to clean up and click on it. So you can like copy the pattern into the cleaning spots. You can go and try out youtube and find some video tutorials.
Thanks a lot.. Ah, what about the text on Oboro-san's clothes and the big text on page 18? Can you tell me how to edit it and then redraw them? I suck at those kind of things :( (But I think you already know this :sweatdrop) Or should I leave it to you?

Last edited:

Spikey2713

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Thanks a lot.. Ah, what about the text on Oboro-san's clothes and the big text on page 18? Can you tell me how to edit it and then redraw them? I suck at those kind of things :( (But I think you already know this :sweatdrop) Or should I leave it to you?
You will just leave those text to me. To me, I might just use clone and brush to redraw. Luckily I had draw a lot of things so I know some sense in drawing (Thought I never draw by computer XD)

lovelychildren_fan

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
You will just leave those text to me. To me, I might just use clone and brush to redraw. Luckily I had draw a lot of things so I know some sense in drawing (Thought I never draw by computer XD)
Thanks :amuse Your drawing sure is good. Wish I can draw like that, but I'm a total sucker when it come to drawing on computer -_-;(I can't use the mouse that well, the pictures may come out well but it will take me lots of times) I'll have to research the healing and cloning tool on GIMP, they're different from Photoshop's...

Last edited:

Spikey2713

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I would like to know what happened to the raw scan lately? And I would like to know if anyone will be uploading the latest chapter: Zettai Karen Children chapter 210?

Sannomiya Kuro

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I also want to join as an On Training cleaner... I'm not really good at it, and can't help you all the time because of school.

But I'll try to when I can.

Spikey2713

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I also want to join as an On Training cleaner... I'm not really good at it, and can't help you all the time because of school.

But I'll try to when I can.
If you want to help out, try and pick up some pages you confident on it and let me know. Then you can do the cleaning and sent it back to me. It will be a great help if we starting to divide the pages for works.

For ZKC Chapter 210, I will be handle page 1, page 2 and page 18, while lovely-chan will handle the rest. So if Kuro-chan want to help out, you go and discuss with lovely-chan and see which pages you can help out on cleaning. Or you can start doing this training next chapter. It's up to you.

lovelychildren_fan

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Ok, I have a few question here.... Can you ask Kioras-san to answer it, Spikey-san?
I have joined JS scan for a while, and these are things that make me confuse:
1, What does our group's name: JS scan stand for?
2, Why did Kioras-san start this group? And when?
That's something I wanna know about our group... Can you answer it?
And is any of you all, by any chance, know how many Vietnamese are there in this forum? Thank you.

Kioras

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What does the name mean?

I started it as a lark, when I wanted a place to release the works I had done over a year ago, when I started on ZKC, and per the rules on MH, i needed a group name.

As for what the name means? I just choose the name kinda out of a hat. It's an abbreviation for a vulgarity, that had to do with my lack of knowledge in regards to cleaning, scanning or typesetting.

Spikey2713

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yoynjlntnon
I had done this Gintama Chapter 77 based on Bomber D Rufi's translations. But I might need some proof read for this. I had hand it to Kioras but he seems to be very busy or hard to be contacted. So I would like to ask anyone if they can check them out so I can release this chapter.

Also, I would like to ask anyone who is willing to help me translate the following Gintama missing chapters. Most translations here were reserved for other groups so I can't dare to touch them anymore. I might want to do translation myself but it will take more times than ever. I have no choice but begging for helps.

The missing Gintama chapters:
Chapter 78 - 85
Chapter 128- 164
Chapter 166 - 189
Chapter 191
Chapter 194 - 195
Chapter 202
Chapter 204
Chapter 205
Chapter 206
Chapter 210
Chapter 212 - 213
Chapter 215 - 216
Chapter 220
Chapter 225
Chapter 295 <--I had done the cleaning. Waiting for translation.

My goal is to fullfill the missing chapters of Gintama so it can be feel completed. Of course I'm a great fan of it, too. I want to share the same favourite things to all the fans around the world. So if anyone willing to give me the translation can just pm me or upload the text document in any downloader like mediafire etc. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: Zettai Karen Children 212 is still on progress. But I hope to made it in time on this weekend or Sunday so please wait for a bit longer. Thank you for supporting ZKC.

lovelychildren_fan

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Hey, Spikey-san. For chapter 213 I'll just assume that you'll clean page 2,3 and 18, right?

lovelychildren_fan

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
And Page 16 too. Will you made it tonight?
I don't think so, school work and class committee business is driving me out, so I'll try to finish it up by tomorrow morning.

lovelychildren_fan

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
For chapter 217, I'll need your help on page 1,2 and 18, Kioras-san. (Both cleaning and typesetting)

Kioras

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks, it cuts down on the pages I actually have a change to work on, on saturday