Discussion - The Kagepro Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Kagepro Thread

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Kagepro (Kagerou Project) are a series of vocoloid story songs, composed by Jin, streaming on niconico. They are very popular in Japan, each video generally receives over a million views each. The story has already been adapted to manga and light novel. SHAFT announced that they will be making an anime, called Mekaku City Actors. A date has not been announced. There are 22 songs total, about a mysterious gang called The Mekakushi Dan. I have posted links to subs for each song. Listen and then discuss!

1. Children's Record
  2. Jinzou Enemy
  3. Mekakushi Code
  4. Kagerou Haze
  5. Headphone Actor
  6. Kusou Forest
  7. Toumei Answer
  8. Ene no Dennou Kikou
  9. Konoha no Sekai Jijou
  10. Kisaragi Attention
  11. Shinigami Record
  12. Dead and Seek
  13. Gunjou Rain
  14. Yobanashi Deceive
  15. Lost Time Memory
  16. Ayano no Koufuku Riron
  17. Shounen Brave
  18. Yuukei Yesterday
  19. Outer Science
  20. Otsukimi Recital
  21. Mary no Kakuu Sekai
  22. Summertime Record

Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I have watched through Toumei Answer, song number seven, so far.

Schabrak

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Interesting, have only seen the OP and first episode so far. All those moving parts can be confusing, makes it harder to follow, but seems worth spending a bit time on.

Wish there was a HQ version though.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Interesting, have only seen the OP and first episode so far. All those moving parts can be confusing, makes it harder to follow, but seems worth spending a bit time on.

Wish there was a HQ version though.
I also think it can be a little hard to follow. Figuring out who the characters are is particularly difficult. But it's fun trying to interpret the songs, trying to piece together what's going on. The story seems to be deliberately ambiguous. The anime should be really interesting, I'm curious how they flesh the story out. Kagepro is a really, really big deal in Japan. It's already heavily promoted. Yaraon, One of the big Japanese anime blogs, is already predicting it will be the defining otaku anime of the 2010's, comparing it to Yamato (70's), Gundam (80's), Eva (90's), and Suzumiya Haruhi (2000's).

I don't know as there are HD versions. Most of the songs were streamed over niconico. The rest were part of an album.

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Darn I like Kagerou Haze but its such a sad song in concept :(

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
After Mekakucity Actors ended, yesterday I decided to try the whole "album" of Kagerou Project. I listened without lyrics so it was mainly for the music. I did like some of the songs, the rhythm were awesome. I was mostly affected by Ayano's Theory of Happiness because I remember the song from the anime and ir was just very sad.

This is a very cool project, I definitely need to listen to it more to get used to the style.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The versions done in the anime are so good especially, cant wait for more to be released as the bds come out, Children Record is nice.

Lonewolf187

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
love the series alot simply put.