Character - The Kanao Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character The Kanao Thread

Ace

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Her sayonaras in the anime were very cute, stuck in my head
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What kind of flower is this
It's Kanae hairpin she wears after her death, after Kocho death thought she wears hers instead because Kanae broke when she was in battle.

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It's Kanae hairpin she wears after her death, after Kocho death thought she wears hers instead because Kanae broke when she was in battle.
Why thank you but not a serious question, her overall vibe and the shawl felt like a white tulip, or your flower of choice about to bloom

I've been thinking behind wani-sensei inspirations while designing her characters, it's a mix between animals, bugs, their kanji characters, and elemental breaths. very unique style this series has

levi12

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I know this question already answer does Kanao hold romantical feelings for Tanjiro canonally or this is just fan intepreation or mere speculation or just implied? I want clarification

Zenitsu liking Nezuko is canon and Obanai liking Mitsuri which was recopricate Is canon

How about this?

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I know this question already answer does Kanao hold romantical feelings for Tanjiro canonally or this is just fan intepreation or mere speculation or just implied? I want clarification
It's more of an interpretation but there's pretty much proof for it.
When Kanao's backstory was showed, as soon as Kanae talked about Kanao finding a boy she likes in a romantic way, there was shown a panel of Tanjiro; all of this after he talked to her for the first time.

What is kinda a fan interpretation, is Tanjiro having feelings for her. I ship them and all but there's not much proof of it, and if the author wants to develop some sort of romantic relationship between them, well, based on the current manga events it will be very difficult.

GoatXr

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Well the main problem is that Gotouge made her way too powerful to be in any arcs but the current one. Based on the little bits of information we got during the Pillar Training Arc. Base Kanao is probably stronger than Post-Pillar Training Base Tanjiro who is now capable of keeping up with Akaza albeit barely.

Infinity Train Arc? Akaza will actually die since Kanao should be strong enough to hold off Akaza for just a few more seconds for the sun to rise and burn his body.

Red Light District Arc? Kanao effortlessly defeats Daki and proceeds to destroy Gyutaro.

Swordsmith Village Arc? Kanao overpowers the Primal Emotions and forces them to merge into Zou Hakuten and proceeds to hold him off long enough for Genya, Tanjiro and Nezuko to kill Hantengu. if Mitsuri is also here it would be plain overkill.
Zenitsu and inosuke are stronger than Kanao

Jaiden11

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Zenitsu and inosuke are stronger than Kanao
That's only in this arc. They were behind for the majority of the series. Also Kanao did better against Douma than Inosuke. Also Kanao says that in order for them to turn their blade red inosuke needs to be as strkng as she is

GoatXr

Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
That's only in this arc. They were behind for the majority of the series. Also Kanao did better against Douma than Inosuke. Also Kanao says that in order for them to turn their blade red inosuke needs to be as strkng as she is
My point still stands... the hashiras for most of the story was stronger than Tanjuro until this arc. But Tanjuro grew so much in this arc he surpassed them. It don’t Matter if she was stronger than them before. But now with the feats Zenitsu and inosuke have against Muzan surpasses Kanao. Because she was non existent. It only takes one arc to surpass someone, and that’s what happened. Zenitsu and inosuke is stronger than kanao

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't see how Zenitsu and Inosuke are stronger?

aaannnnannan

Reaction score
Country
England
I want to use this thread to say that there is a chance that she won’t be fully blind . In the very first chapter after Douma’s defeat she said she could barely see with her right eye which is the one she used against Douma and now she used her left eye . So actually she should be able to BARELY see with both eyes even if I think that it’s more probable that she ends up blind or even dead .

As strength she is the strongest between the “5” of the selection for kinda long time , but in the moment that Tanjirou learns how to use multiple times the breath of the sun he becomes stronger , I am referring to the sword smith arc . Then she fights against Douma but she only wins thanks to Inosuke rescue and Shinobu sacrifice ,yes she puts up a good fight but in the end , alone 1v1 she would surely lose . And in the end with Zenitsu soloing Upper Moon 6 I would say that he slightly surpasses her , Flaming Thundegod is kinda op and against Muzan Zenitsu did WAYYYYY better .

Talking about her and Tanjiro right now I have huge doubts that they will end up together , and more than that Tanjiro has never really shown to like/love her so most likely she won’t end up with him . I am not the kinda of ship guy , I don’t really care and I don’t ever liked shipping very much ( except for Iguro and Mitsuri , my only ship ) so I can be easily wrong and I may have not seen hints from the Mangaka but that’s it.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I want to use this thread to say that there is a chance that she won’t be fully blind . In the very first chapter after Douma’s defeat she said she could barely see with her right eye which is the one she used against Douma and now she used her left eye . So actually she should be able to BARELY see with both eyes even if I think that it’s more probable that she ends up blind or even dead .

As strength she is the strongest between the “5” of the selection for kinda long time , but in the moment that Tanjirou learns how to use multiple times the breath of the sun he becomes stronger , I am referring to the sword smith arc . Then she fights against Douma but she only wins thanks to Inosuke rescue and Shinobu sacrifice ,yes she puts up a good fight but in the end , alone 1v1 she would surely lose . And in the end with Zenitsu soloing Upper Moon 6 I would say that he slightly surpasses her , Flaming Thundegod is kinda op and against Muzan Zenitsu did WAYYYYY better .

Talking about her and Tanjiro right now I have huge doubts that they will end up together , and more than that Tanjiro has never really shown to like/love her so most likely she won’t end up with him . I am not the kinda of ship guy , I don’t really care and I don’t ever liked shipping very much ( except for Iguro and Mitsuri , my only ship ) so I can be easily wrong and I may have not seen hints from the Mangaka but that’s it.
Well If you blatanly ignore hints that creator has shown in the manga which is blatant. Be my guest

Even more ironic how people think nezuko will end up zenitsu despite even having even less hints than this lol.

But will see I guess

Unless creator heading to the downer route.

Last edited:

aaannnnannan

Reaction score
Country
England
Well If you blatanly ignore hints that creator has shown in the manga which is blatant. Be my guest

Even more ironic how people think nezuko will end zenitsu despite even having even less hints than this lol.

But will see I guess

Unless creator heading to the downer route.
I mean I am sure that Kanao has some feelings for him , with the extra chapter it was confirmed , but his feelings for her were never shown as romantical . Still I am completely okay it they end up together, after all every character in KNY deserves just an happy life after all they have been through.
About Nezuko and Zenitsu I don’t really care , he obviously likes her but she probably doesn’t, so that’s it , KNY is a manga that did an awesome job in my opinion with romance , creating only one sure Couple like Obanai and Mitsuri and not doing some shit things in order to put characters together ( Neji) .

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I mean I am sure that Kanao has some feelings for him , with the extra chapter it was confirmed , but his feelings for her were never shown as romantical . Still I am completely okay it they end up together, after all every character in KNY deserves just an happy life after all they have been through.
About Nezuko and Zenitsu I don’t really care , he obviously likes her but she probably doesn’t, so that’s it , KNY is a manga that did an awesome job in my opinion with romance , creating only one sure Couple like Obanai and Mitsuri and not doing some shit things in order to put characters together ( Neji) .
Well you are right haha

We just wait and see what happen.