Discussion - The Kimetsu no Yaiba Versus Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Kimetsu no Yaiba Versus Thread

Peter16373

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tanjiro didn’t have the element of surprise though. He called out to Akaza and gave him ample time to prepare. And even than Akaza still got blitzed by Marked Tanjiro w/ See-Through-World. Akaza even straight up admits he lost in a fair fight.

levi12

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
No, I don't see Tanjirou beating Akaza if both are in perfect condition. Akaza was fighting Tanjirou and Marked Giyuu. Tanjirou got one occasion and sliced his head, but it was still not enough. Tanjirou also had the element of surprise.
Nope he didn t Akaza was full on guard and was preparing. You got no evidence to prove he win perfect condition Fight against Tanjiro.What do you mean by perfect condition?Akaza was always in perfect condition Against both of them. Reread chapter again.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pal then you are denying facts then because Akaza got beaten By Tanjiro no suprise and was full on guard.Plus you have no evidence to prove Akaza(Pre decaptication) would win against Mark Tanjiro with all see through in consecutively fight. I got back to what I said feats and evidences shown so far Tanjiro with mark and all see through world>Akaza(Pre decaptication immunity. This is fact not mere speculation and what If he clearly lost that battle fair and square he even admits it

Tanjiro vs Tokitou is debatle Experience doesn t mean much for me considering Akaza with years experience got defeat and can t even keep up with Tanjiro speed. As for this Its subjective I just agree and Disagree. Akaza not having all see through world. Come on thats like saying Rengoku lost to Akaza because he doesn t have regeneration and Akaza win because he has regeneration. Thats not really fair is it.
Fair enough on the first part. All I can say is that I believe Akaza is still physically superior to Tanjirou, but I guess it doesn't really matter as Akaza can't really do anything against someone who can read his moves well in advance.

With Tanjirou vs Tokitou, in this instance, experience means more because both would have access to the See Through World and Marked states.

See Through World is obviously a significant advantage over those who aren't in possession of the "sight", so if two people have it, it'd have to come down to how one takes advantage of it. Like when Himejima changed the circulation of his blood to hide his next moves from Koku.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Fair enough on the first part. All I can say is that I believe Akaza is still physically superior to Tanjirou, but I guess it doesn't really matter as Akaza can't really do anything against someone who can read his moves well in advance.

With Tanjirou vs Tokitou, in this instance, experience means more because both would have access to the See Through World and Marked states.

See Through World is obviously a significant advantage over those who aren't in possession of the "sight", so if two people have it, it'd have to come down to how one takes advantage of it. Like when Himejima changed the circulation of his blood to hide his next moves from Koku.
Yes I agree in physically its no debate Akaza would pulverist Tanjiro.

Pal Thats saying Akaza beat Rengoku because he has regeneration. If that case Rengoku should have draw against Akaza since he stab him in the neck that would kill any normal human and they both die of bloodloss. At this point we are simply talking about who has all see through and who doesn t not what ifs.

As for Tanjiro vs Tokitou I just agree and disagree. Its subjective to say Tokitou with experience give him the edge considering Akaza with 10 times experience got beaten by Tanjiro. Plus they both have all see through and the marks and they cancel each other out by reading each other movements. So I just agree and disagree I am not sure who win. Destructive power goes to Tanjiro but speed and allroundering attacks goes to Muichiro. This depends on skills and being smart with their abilities.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Tanjiro didn’t have the element of surprise though. He called out to Akaza and gave him ample time to prepare. And even than Akaza still got blitzed by Marked Tanjiro w/ See-Through-World. Akaza even straight up admits he lost in a fair fight.
Exactly what this guy said. Fact says Tanjiro have that match won the only reason he didn t is the fact Akaza gain Nirchin blade immunity and Tanjiro run of out gas and lost the mark mode and all see through.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pal Thats saying Akaza beat Rengoku because he has regeneration. If that case Rengoku should have draw against Akaza since he stab him in the neck that would kill any normal human and they both die of bloodloss. At this point we are simply talking about who has all see through and who doesn t not what ifs.

As for Tanjiro vs Tokitou I just agree and disagree. Its subjective to say Tokitou with experience give him the edge considering Akaza with 10 times experience got beaten by Tanjiro. Plus they both have all see through and the marks and they cancel each other out by reading each other movements. So I just agree and disagree I am not sure who win. Destructive power goes to Tanjiro but speed and allroundering attacks goes to Muichiro. This depends on skills and being smart with their abilities.
The See Through World is just that much of a game changer in a fight. It's strong enough to render experience useless because you can move before your opponent has a chance to if they aren't the same.

I used Akaza as example because his loss is a clear on panel showing in how clear the leap in combat potential becomes with it. I could have used anyone who is an veteran fighter and the point would be the same. The regeneration comparison isn't really comparable.

Akaza is at a severe disadvantage against someone who can literally see what he is about to do. In the case of this fight, we know both Tanjirou and Tokitou have the See Through World. Because of that, Tokitou's wouldn't share the disadvantage Akaza had, therefore his experience wouldn't be useless.

All of that, skills and intelligent use of abilities is an aspect of experience.

I'm cool if you don't agree, I just wanted to explain my thought process.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
The See Through World is just that much of a game changer in a fight. It's strong enough to render experience useless because you can move before your opponent has a chance to if they aren't the same.

I used Akaza as example because his loss is a clear on panel showing in how clear the leap in combat potential becomes with it. I could have used anyone who is an veteran fighter and the point would be the same. The regeneration comparison isn't really comparable.

Akaza is at a severe disadvantage against someone who can literally see what he is about to do. In the case of this fight, we know both Tanjirou and Tokitou have the See Through World. Because of that, Tokitou's wouldn't share the disadvantage Akaza had, therefore his experience wouldn't be useless.

All of that, skills and intelligent use of abilities is an aspect of experience.

I'm cool if you don't agree, I just wanted to explain my thought process.
Okay I see your point.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The See-Through World technique itself was the element of surprise. Of course Akaza lost, but it was still a 2 on 1 against two marked people.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
The See-Through World technique itself was the element of surprise. Of course Akaza lost, but it was still a 2 on 1 against two marked people.
Again Akaza lost To Tanjiro this is fact not what If. That no one fault that Tanjiro new ability that Akaza doesn t have. Just like Demon have regeneration Human doesn t. It that case Akaza should die alongside Regoku but getting stab in the neck if they both normal and If they both have regeneration then it would be a draw and fight continue.

I am tired Debating about this people are clearly denying manga facts consider this topic over and I am not debating any further. This is pointless Now if people are denying manga facts.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Tanjiro, once he had the see through world, owned Akaza, right away. His whole presence was lost to Akaza, and even after he shouted and git Akaza's attention. His speed and presence was completely superior and he managed to kill Akaza...

Tokito loses because of Tanjiro's speed and him being the 3rd best Pillar lv demon slayer with see through world. Tokito has a higher stamina than Tanjiro but Tanjiro imo has higher offensive abilities but his body cant sustain. That lv as much as the other pillars

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Again Akaza lost To Tanjiro this is fact not what If. That no one fault that Tanjiro new ability that Akaza doesn t have. Just like Demon have regeneration Human doesn t. It that case Akaza should die alongside Regoku but getting stab in the neck if they both normal and If they both have regeneration then it would be a draw and fight continue.

I am tired Debating about this people are clearly denying manga facts consider this topic over and I am not debating any further. This is pointless Now if people are denying manga facts.
Where did I say that Akaza won? He lost, but it was a two on one. And when Tanjirou cut him, it was with an ability that Akaza didn't know he had, he grew during the fight with a superior technique. I don't get what you are trying to tell me here. All I am saying is that I don't see Akaza losing to Tanjirou one on one with Tanjirou having the STW technique from the beginning. This is a VS thread, to speculate about the outcome of a fight, manga facts are only here to supports our arguments. If you disagree it's fine.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Where did I say that Akaza won? He lost, but it was a two on one. And when Tanjirou cut him, it was with an ability that Akaza didn't know he had, he grew during the fight with a superior technique. I don't get what you are trying to tell me here. All I am saying is that I don't see Akaza losing to Tanjirou one on one with Tanjirou having the STW technique from the beginning. This is a VS thread, to speculate about the outcome of a fight, manga facts are only here to supports our arguments. If you disagree it's fine.
Evidence from the manga disproves your opinion though. Once tanjiro gained access to STV, he was much much quicker than Akazs. & Before he gained access to STV he knicked Akaza's neck with his mirage technique, and was still capable of dodging..Tanjiro doesn't have the stamina seen from other Pillars and less endurance for he had moments of immobility during his fights.

But Tanjiro with STV, can fight Akaza 1 vs 1 like he did briefly before he had such skills...& with STV, he's faster than Akaza so his head is going to fly...Re, read the fight. Tanjiro is def top tier he just lacks in certain areas compared to other Pillars who are already polished.

Also Tokito doesn't have enough feats to be better than Tanjiro even if you give them both STV. Tokito needed rock pillar to disrupt 1st moons attack and he still lost a leg, all to pierce the upper moon, basically that's a bad display if STV, stronger opponent or not. Not enough reasonable doubt to say he can defeat Tanjiro.

Tanjiro damaged Akaza before he got serious injured, and still managed to dodge fatal hits after with some help from giyu, then went on to save giyu and defeat Akaza.

Tokito, marked & unseen technique couldn't do anything to upper moon 1.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
What about this one?

Douma vs Himejima

Round 1: Base Himejima
Round 2: Mark Himejima
Round 3: Mark Himejima + See-Through the World

Both bloodlusted.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
What about this one?

Douma vs Himejima

Both bloodlusted.
This is hard one I was about to post something like this and pretty interesting fight. Douma will get batter a lot by Mark Himejima and get overpower pretty easily in frontal fight considering Douma get damage by Shinobu and Kanao. But Douma will regenerate soon, but If Mark Himejima have all see through Douma might not last 5 mimutes and get decapticated if he doesn t takes this fight serious. If Douma takes this seriously he summon buddha statue and use those clones plus himself to kill Mark Himejima this will be long fight. I think Douma might win with very very high difficulty but he needs those clones and buddha statue to kill plus himself to kill Mark Himejima all see thr. This is one on one fight after all Douma win for me. If it is Douma vs Mark Himejima and Mark Sanemi then Douma would lose I think.

Koku With blood demon art and his breathing style would kill Mark Himejima easily.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Koku vs Himejima...He was the only Pillar to sustain minimal damage and actually fight as even as possible. He was saving Tokito, & Sanemi, while he was fighting. & pushed to see the STV...he powers up like a MC...It's not a easy win is all I'm saying

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
What about this one?

Douma vs Himejima

Both bloodlusted.
Despite Himejima being the most well suited Pillar to fight against Douma, I think he'd get dominated by a bloodlusted Douma during the first two rounds. Douma's Blood Art makes extended battles against him futile. Unless he can feel the cold chill beforehand like Inosuke did, he'd have no way of knowing until it's too late. By that time, even with his extended range, it may be too late to have the strength necessary to achieve the killing blow.

Now with See Through World, he should be able to parse something is about to come from Douma's movements. He should be able to then get in a hit before Douma can even release the technique. He may breathe in some of Douma's Art, but it should be a better result.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
What about this one?

Douma vs Himejima

Both bloodlusted.
Round 1 and 2 = If Douma doesn't dick around he takes this. Himejima will be weakened by his cold chill as he doesn't have Kanao's sight or Inosuke's sense of touch to avoid them. He will resist for a while but will eventually go down.

Round 3 = I am not sure 50/50 about this one. Himejima might be able to beat him with the see-through world since he can now predict his movements. At the same time, Douma's ice clone technique is pretty op since they can use his full powers. Wonder whether they can create more clones and use his ultimate spell. I'll pass on this one.

Ace

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I guess the series is not over, but who would win in a one on one battle
Tanjiro Vs Kanao

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I guess the series is not over, but who would win in a one on one battle
Tanjiro Vs Kanao
Not really fair Tanjiro would annihilate Kanao. Mark Tanjiro>Mark Giyu and Mark Sanemi thanks to All see through,mark and Dotg. I don t think Kanao can beat Tanjiro.

Mark Tanjiro in pillar ranking is weaker than Himejima and not sure between him and Tokito. But he is stronger than the rest in terms of feats.

Kanao don t have enough feats. We have to wait more from her.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Not really fair Tanjiro would annihilate Kanao. Mark Tanjiro>Mark Giyu and Mark Sanemi thanks to All see through,mark and Dotg. I don t think Kanao can beat Tanjiro.
Same as this. Tanjiro with his see-through world would be able to take down Kanao easily. Even without See-through World, I am still betting on Tanjiro but may be higher difficulty. Douma was fooling around during that fight against Kanao.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Same as this. Tanjiro with his see-through world would be able to take down Kanao easily. Even without See-through World, I am still betting on Tanjiro but may be higher difficulty. Douma was fooling around during that fight against Kanao.
I love Kanao but she can t beat Tanjiro. Mark Tanjiro without all see through might be on same level as Mark Sanemi and Mark Giyu I am not sure. But he is stronger than this two when using all see through.