The Knockout Edited Mangas thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Knockout Edited Mangas thread

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i doubt many of you would know of us but that is what this topic is about. Currently our projects are Tough - series 2 (serialized in young jump) and Steel Ball Run (a joint with Ignition-one). Tough is a mixed martial arts manga starting Kiichi. I would suggest reading it if you love fighting, blood, violence and craziness. Steel Ball Run is about a race from one side of the country to the other around the turn of the century but all of this is with a jojo's bizarre adventure twist with effeminate men everywhere and wierd shit going on. you can get some of the manga (if the links still work) at our forum: http://neoshweaty.proboards53.com/index.cgi (they were at ignition-one.com but there are some legal issues there right now). We are a small team with me doing the majoring of the cleaning for Tough and working a few chapters for steel ball run. I want to start a few new projects and need some new members for our group. I want to start Editing Vagabond, Mr. Fullswing, and a manga called Imperial Guards. So if you want to see some releases for those manga, i am in need of some editors and translators for them. here is a topic somewhere else with relevant information: http://www.baka-updates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3575&sid=8306e229d3fb64d1c7b1290d6874e7cc

Feel free to ask questions and such[br]Posted at: April 14, 2006, 11:28:15 PM_________________________________________________not that many people seem to care...but here is our new website: http://knockoutscanlations.googlepages.com/home

Miso

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wow - cool. I just recently stumbled over Tough and I really enjoyed: good violent fighting manga.

How come you scanlated the two projects? Who had the idea?
Since when does your group exist?
Do you plan to take on further manga in future?

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
There we go, a new fan! *claps hands together*

Tough was originally among a group of manga that IronFistShingo (the founder, but the leader. I guess i am just a guy that takes over like that) looked at at his local manga store and thought about Editing. I had heard of Tough because viz releases the first series but i didnt know that so i was glad to jump on. I had no experience with editing (as you may be able to tell in the first chapter) but i edited the raw and waited for a translator. After a little while zip4 surfaced and i got to editing.(typesetting and editing was definitely not my thing at the time). I found a typesetter, got better at editing and started a forum. There are a lot of french fans for the series. Probably more than any other (i hope to shift the odds with this project)
Steel Ball Run was my idea. I LOOOOVVVVEEEE Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (my second favorite series behind Hajime no Ippo), so i wanted to continue Ignition-One's project. I found a translator rather quickly and got to scanning and editing the pages myself and released it. My tough fans werent very into it but i spread the release in different places and eventually the leader of Ignition-One approached me and asked if we wanted to do a joint and, of course, i agreed. They supply most of the jobs, mainly because no one will help me out but it is still a joint because i still do edit and qc stuff for the group.

We have been in existence in some form since about mid january because it was then that i got around to offering myself as an editor and the idea of a group became less of an impossibility.

I plan to do Vagabond, Mr. Fullswing and Imperial Guards(if i can get raws for this one) but i need translators and editors and no one seems to want to step up to the plate. It is sad for me because i want to release some of inoue's stuff because he is so great and i want to release Mr. Fullswing because it is so funny. I want to do Imperial Guards because i dont know anything about it and it is something no one else knows about. If i can find raws, then i will do Baki - Son of Ogre also[br]Posted at: April 19, 2006, 03:21:55 PM_________________________________________________not that there was this huge out pouring before but we have a new site and forum and i might as well plug them here: http://knockoutscanlations.googlepages.com/home[br]Posted on: April 30, 2006, 07:46:07 PM_________________________________________________lets see if there is a little more interest

Our current projects are Tough and Mr. Fullswing. Some upcoming projects are Ashita no Joe (selected fights), Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe (one shot), and Beshari Gurashi

La_Muerte

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
i am also a new fan, i dl Tough yesterday night and im hooked, if only i could help, ive tried to clean by using some tutorials, but im more of a person who learns by looking than by reading, so i woulda helped if i could cause i got a lot of free time, and also one more question, since u said Tough is series 2 wheres series 1??

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
series 1 is licensed, so i wanted to stay away for now. You really dont have to know anything from there except that kiichi's father was crippled by his brother.

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Oh, wow we have thread. I am part of "we", right?

So hello, I am a crazed Vagabond fan who somehow got stuck with the Edited Manga team for this manga. I'm doing the proofreading for zindryr's translations, also for Fullswing (sooo funny), some typesetting and now I'm also translating (from French).

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
You are most definitely part of "we". Siedhr is a big part of ko-scans all of a sudden. Hurray!

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Yes, it's typical for me actually. I come from nowhere, start from the bottom and all of a sudden I take everything over. :kukuku
Ph33r m3!