The Lashival Trilogy - Book 1- The Ilmarians | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Lashival Trilogy - Book 1- The Ilmarians

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't know where to post this so I'll post it here. :amuse

After I finish the trilogy, I plan to write a collection of short stories featuring the original gods. Here is a snippet of one story. FYI, it's the rough draft.

As they walked down the hall, they passed Aerius, who arched her eyebrow suspiciously at them. “You’re not corrupting our dear little sister, are you?” she asked Duermon, who just smiled sweetly back at her.

“If by corrupting, you mean having fun, then yes. Yes, I am.”

She gave him a disapproving look. “You know, she has a great responsibility and I won’t let you turn her into another version of you. She has potential unlike someone I know.”

“Your kind words honor me, Aerius,” he said with a mocking bow. “I agree with your assessment of our sister. I do hope that our little Clerise will grow up to be a fine goddess who knows how to have fun once and awhile unlike a certain someone.”

The angel stared hard at him before she sniffed and walked away. Clerise watched with intense silence as her older sister disappeared around the corner. As they walked down the hall, she pondered what she had just witnessed. Finally she glanced at Duermon and asked curiously, “Why do you two hate each other?”

“Hate each other? Where did you get that silly idea?” her brother asked incredulously.

“Well, whenever you two talked, you always insult each other. It somehow reminds me of Merzak and Puria.”

“Ha! Don’t compare Aerius and me to those imbeciles!” an insulted Duermon exclaimed. “Unlike those two sisters, Aerius and I get along just fine. We just… express our love to each other differently. We insult each other to show that we care about the other’s well-beings. It’s our sign of affection toward each other. That’s all.”

She looked at him dubiously. “How is insulting each other a sign of affection?”

“Oh, Clerry, Clerry, Clerry.” He shook his head as he placed his hand on her shoulder and led her along. “You’ll find out when you are a little older.”

Clerise frowned but didn’t say anything. To be honest, she doubted that she would ever understand his reason.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I like this idea very much, especially if you don't plan to further explore the gods' stories in greater depth, we'll have at least this. From reading the stories we've known about the relationship between Duermons and Aerians, but it's nice to see how where it originated from and that it came out of love and the 2 gods own way of conveying that to each other, as Duermon points out.

Which goddess is Clarise? I don't recall reading that name anywhere...:blink

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
The goddess of magic

As for Aerius and Duermon's relationship...

even though many people believe that they can't stand each other, they do actually like each other though they don't want to admit it outright :p

Now Puria and Merzak, on the other hand...

TheBoss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So many spoilers ...

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Are you talking about the chapters? I did it so not to make the posts too big. ^^

---------- Post added June 17, 2013 at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was June 02, 2013 at 05:55 PM ----------

Just a quick update: I finished writing the character explanations and now working on the stories notes. ^^ Once I finished, the novel is officially (except for the cover) ^^

---------- Post added July 02, 2013 at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was June 17, 2013 at 07:14 PM ----------

Another quick update: the novel is almost finished (98% done). Here is the preview of the back cover:

In case anyone is wondering, that is a needle ring at the bottom. ^^ I think I'm going to use symbols to separate different world setting (e.g. needle ring = takes place in Samara).

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
Reaction score
Country
Buy Moria
omaigowd I'm such a slacker :faint...really need to continue with it, cos it's absolutely awesome and it's my genre :zomg (yet, I'm procrastinating :oh) #reallyneedsaspank

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Which chapter are you on? ^^

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
Reaction score
Country
Buy Moria
I don't even remember.But here's my strategy

1. finish a dance with Dragons (I'm halfway through and want to finish it before I start something else) - should be able to do that in abt two weeks if I'll go all at it :oh.
2. prepare the Ilmarian books (pdf and such)
3. read everything again:cheez

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sounds like a good plan :thumbs

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Quick Update: So the total pages for the whole book (sans front cover) will be 475 pages :sweatbunny

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Another minor update: I now have a website to archive my stories. I'll be using it instead of my dreamwidth account from now on

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Update: I'm almost done with my revision. Unfortunately with work and classes, it's going slower than I anticipated (yay for papers!). I don't know when I will be done exactly so sorry for the delay! :sweat

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Another update (if anyone is still checking): Doing some editings and whatnot. Small progress, but it's getting there. :sweatbunny

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry for the delay, but the PDF files for The Ilmarians are now available. There are two versions:

- On-Screen Version: This is for those who wants to read the story on their computer screen.
- Print Version: For those who want to have a physical copy of the book. There are two pages per paper so you won't have to waste too much paper (though you can also print it back-to-back to be more environmental savvy ;)).

Click on this link to download them. If there are any issues, please let me know.

Now that I'm finished, I'll work on revising The Enigma and finishing the second book.

---------- Post added July 28, 2015 at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was July 02, 2015 at 02:41 PM ----------

Revisions are now available at my website for those who are lazy to download the book or read it *cough*goldb*cough*
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I have updated the novel so you can redownload it again if you like.

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
Why did i never see this thread before?:arf
It looks really nice:blush
I need to find the time to read all of these now:errr
When did you started to write riki?

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I did take a Creative Writing class in 2008, but other than that, I really haven't written anything here until "The Maiden of Purim", which thread is somewhere.^^;