The Latino spirit is strong with in Neo, come share it | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Latino spirit is strong with in Neo, come share it

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I figured i might as well make one of these considering i am a mod (used to be Fullswing(but that project has sailed away) but now am the mod of the Fighting and Sports section, and one of the three of the Vagabond section. I dont have much to do as a moderator considering the activity is at a minimum in those sections, so i thought i might as well use one of my mod powers and make a thread. Hopefully someone will say something :redface

Anyway, a little about me. As the title suggests, i am Latino. My mom (who i still call mami) is Dominican and my father is from El Salvador, so i am a first generation american citizen (although my mom and my sister are both citizens). I am 18 and am currently going to school at Occidental College in Los Angeles, California. I am from NYC and my family is there, too, so i cant wait to go home for thanksgiving (even if it costs me out the ass). I have taken japanese for the past three years in high school and am continuing it in college. (I hope to be able to translate some jump stuff by the end of the year, but i cant make promises) I have been to japan (Summer 2005, i.e. the time of my life), so feel free to ask me about that. I guess lastly, i am the co-founder (though it really is my group) of Knockout Edited Mangas and hope to bring us back from the dead, so to speak, in due time.

どうぞよろしくお願いします

eaballer10

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm.. considering you go to college in LA, I guess that officially makes you the mod who is closest to me. On that note..

How do you like Los Angeles? I don't expect you to say it's better than NY since that's where you are from, but comparatively, how does LA match up to NY?

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
eaballer10 said:
How do you like Los Angeles? I don't expect you to say it's better than NY since that's where you are from, but comparatively, how does LA match up to NY?
well, you can't beat the weather. I mean 77 with not a cloud in the sky is a good day. I really like campus and stuff but i just can't get around the city. I mean that is one of the things that i like about NY so much. You can go anywhere with 2 bucks and it doesnt take long at all. I mean, it took me the better part of 4 hours for a trip into little tokyo. Other than that, LA is nice but NYC is, well, NYC. Thanksgiving, here i come![br]Posted on: October 26, 2006, 04:11:54 AM_________________________________________________wow, such an overwhelming response... i guess that is what i get for not being involved in Naruto, bleach, or one piece... T_T

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
So, you've been to Japan? Where?
What are you studying now?

** On a side note, I never read Vagabond before. Care to give me a preview? **

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
baxteristic said:
So, you've been to Japan? Where?
What are you studying now?

** On a side note, I never read Vagabond before. Care to give me a preview? **
I was in japan for a month for a homestay so i stayed in Tokyo for four days meeting my group and getting familiar with japan and whatnot. Then i did my homestay in the city of Kamiusuki, in Usuki-shi, in Oita-ken on Kyushu. I was there for three weeks and then we went to Kyoto for two days and back to tokyo for the last. Well, i am in my first year at college but i am going to declare as an East Asian Studies major with my emphasis in Japanese.

As for Vagabond, it is by Takehiko Inoue, of Slam Dunk fame, and it is based on the book Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa which chronicles the life of Shinmen Takezo, better known as Miyamoto Musashi after the Battle of Sekigahara. The artwork is some of the best in any manga, bar none, the story is top notch considering the source material, the characters all have their own personalities and style of doing things and the action is some of the most fluid and engaging in the business. I would recommend checking it out seeing as it is still going on and it is still really good.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Had no idea you had a thread here Neo.

Where's your current avatar come from? Looks as though you like American comics.

Oh, and bax, definitely give Vagabond a try!

In either case... Neo, hope you have a good Christmas.

*Hangs*

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, i guess many people decided to skip my thread. I sorta wanted to try and let people get to know me. I mean, it seems nice to have other people asking you stuff about you for a change but i guess interest peaked at little to none, i would say.

Anyways, my avatar is from a joe madureira drawing of metal gear solid. I have the entire pic on my comp if you would like to see it. It is interesting to see his play on light and dark.

Thank you for the holiday wishes. I love Christmas time, so it is right up my alley. Happy Holidays to you too, Gold Knight.

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
:glomp Neo. Give it a bit of time, man, people will come to love you. I speak from experience.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
this whole translator status thing seems to be confusing alot of people. I guess ill have to get someone to remove it...

Anyways, thanks for the words but this was for me as a moderator and since I am not anymore this seems superfluous.

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm surprised your status is Translator. Anyway, could you please show the entire Snake drawing? What is your favorite Metal Gear game?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Going to move this to Meet the Manga Editors now, heh.