The MangaHelpers Anime Awards Nominations Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The MangaHelpers Anime Awards Nominations Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Nomination Process

Note: This is a thread only to nominate for the different award categories. To discuss the nominees please go to the The MangaHelpers Anime Awards Discussion Thread. http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2299432#post2299432

Who will submit the nominations?
The nominations will be submitted by members of the staff and by you, the members of the site. In that way, all the members of the site will come together to decide what is the best of the best. :)

How to submit a nomination
Submit a nomination for the different award categories by posting in this thread and by explaining why said series/character/event deserves to be a nominee for that award category. The explanation cannot be longer than three lines. Please add a link to MAL where pertinent and please provide links to videos on youtube if available for the OP/ED/Insert song/ Anime OST categories.

- You don’t have to nominate for all the award categories, but you can only make 1 nomination for each award category.

-Out of all the nominations for the different award categories, only the 5 nominations that earn the most support (“votes”) become the official nominees.

- To show your support for a nomination, the only thing you need to do is to you write a post in this thread indicating your support for said nomination.

-The nomination process will take place from now until the next two weeks; you can edit your nomination at any time during that period. To edit a nomination, please make a new post and follow the template to change a nomination, if you don’t, your new nomination won’t be considered.

- Once a series/character/event has been nominated, it doesn’t need to be nominated for a second time. If you agree with said nomination, please use the appropriate template to support it.

Below are the templates to submit your nominations:

Template to make a nomination:

*insert name of the award category* - *insert name of the nominee*: *insert explanation of why said series/character/event deserves to be a nominee for that award category. (The explanation cannot be longer than three lines.)*

Note: Please be prudent in using spoiler tags for major events (eg death, plot twists), and label your spoiler tags with the series name so people know what they are getting themselves into.

Template to support a nomination:

*insert name of the award category* – I support *insert the name of the nominee*

Template to edit a previous nomination:

*insert name of the award category* – I originally nominated *insert name of nominee*, but now I want to change it to *insert name of new nominee*

-Please respect the opinions and nominations of others. It’s okay if you don’t like a series or a character or an event that another person nominates and it’s okay if you don’t agree with said nomination; but please do not bash the character, or the series, or event, or the person who posts the nomination. The purpose of The MangaHelpers Anime Awards is to do something as a whole community while having fun, not to initiate any kind of drama or fights.

-In case an award category doesn’t have enough nominations, the rest of the nominees will come from a panel of experts and members from the staff.

Awards categories

Best Male Lead (benelori)
Best Male supporting character (benelori)
Best Female Lead (destiny4ever)
Best Female supporting character (destiny4ever)

Best Male Seiyuu (saladesu)
Best Female Seiyuu (saladesu)

Best Opening Theme (destiny4ever)
Best Ending Theme (destiny4ever)
Best Insert Song (saladesu)
Best Anime Soundtrack (destiny4ever)

Best Comedy (destiny4ever)
(List with the names of some comedy anime series)

Best Action (benelori)
(List with the names of some action anime series)

Best Romance (destiny4ever)
(List with the names of some romance anime series)

Best Drama (HegemonKhan)
(List with the names of some drama anime series)

Best Mystery (HegemonKhan)
(List with the names of some mystery anime series)

Best Slice of Life (destiny4ever)
(List with the names of some slice of life anime series)

Best Sports (HegemonKhan)
(List with the names of some sports anime series)

Best Horror (benelori)
(List with the names of some horror anime series)

Best Sci-Fi (HegemonKhan)
(List with the names of some sci-fi anime series)

Best Fantasy (HegemonKhan)
(List with the names of some fantasy anime series)

Best Costume Design (benelori)

Best Villain (HegemonKhan)
Best Death (saladesu) [Please use spoiler tags and label with series name]

Best Fight (benelori)
Best Kiss (destiny4ever)
For this category, please write the nominee inside a spoiler tag and be sure to add a description of what series the spoiler is about beforehand, or use the spoiler tag like this:
In addition, if possible please add a link to a pic of the kiss.

Best Episode (HegemonKhan)

Best Couple (destiny4ever)

Best Full Cast (saladesu)

Best Animation TV series (saladesu)
Best Animation OVAs (M3J)
Best Animation Movies (M3J)

Best Opening (animation-wise) (benelori)
Best Ending (animation-wise) (benelori)
Best Artwork/Art Style (saladesu)

Best WTF Moment (benelori)
For this category, if the wtf moment is very spoilerish please write the nominee inside a spoiler tag and be sure to add a description of what series the spoiler is about beforehand, or use the spoiler tag like this:
Best plot-twist (HegemonKhan) [Please use spoiler tags and label with series name]

Best OVA (HegemonKhan)
Best Movie (benelori)

Best Adaptation – Manga (saladesu)
Best Adaptation – Light Novel (HegemonKhan)
Best Adaptation – Visual Novel/Games (benelori)

Best Original Series (Not based off of a manga, visual novel, light novel or game) (saladesu)
Best Alteration of Story Line (saladesu)

Best Studio (saladesu)

Best Old School Anime (only anime older than 2000 can participate in this award category) (M3J)

Here are some wikilists of some old school anime series:

Best Anime for 2010 / Best new series (anime first subbed in 2010 will be also accepted for this award category) (destiny4ever)
Best Ongoing Anime (only anime that have started airing before 2011 can participate in this award category) (HegemonKhan)

Best Anime Overall (only anime that has ended can participate in this award category)
(destiny4ever, saladesu, benelori and HegemonKhan)

Last edited:

Zeltrax

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Very well planned :o
..I take it that the nominations has started?
If yes, then I'll go ahead.

Best Male Lead:
Monkey D Luffy from One Piece. The shounen epic and the never giving up spirit, not to mention the huge appetite for adventure. Luffy is an inspiration to young boys (not to mention he is strong emotionally too)!

Best Male Supporting Character:
Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist.
He's awesome because he have the wits to get things done. He also have a team of people( including Riza) that trusts him completely and is someone that a country can count on. His fire alchemy is a great plus too ;)!

Best Female Lead:
Kyouko Mogami from Skip Beat!
I won't call her inspiring.. but her thirst for revenge is really, huge. Maybe it's because of that, she is someone that preserves till the end and do what she believes in.

Best Male Seiyuu:
Fukuyama, Jun
The voice of Lelouch/Rikuo/Ryner/Shinra and many more. He have a lot of experience and voice many roles from supporting to main. He have a variety of voices and manage to pull dramatic scenes off with the characters the voice(I'm sure people who watch LOL heros and CG knows this!).

Best Female Seiyuu:
Kugimiya, Rie
The voice of Taiga/Kagura/Shana/ Alphonse from FMA and many more. Most of the time known as the tsundere queen, she also have a lot of experience and most of the time voice tsunderes character and does a good job doing that :tem But don't be mistaken, her voice have great variation as in her work as Alphonse.

Best Opening Theme:
Brand New World By D-51, used as One Piece OPENING 6.
With over 3 million views (wow :blink) on youtube and with the focus on one of One Piece's most sucessful arc, this opening also have good fighting scenes, alongside with the song to hype you up ;)

Best ending theme:
For You By AZU used in Naruto Shippuden ENDING 12.
I think this is a simple ending yet beautiful. Showing both the older and younger generation. The lyrics to the song is quite emotional and I thought azu did a perfect job!

Best insert song:
Chiisana te no Hira (The Palm of a small hand) used in the last episode of Clannad After Story
The moment where the main character finally gets a happy ending and where we get to see every cast of Clannad! Looking back, this song fits the mood perfectly and gives both a feeling of joy and sadness :(

Best Animation TV Series:
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
I think Bones did a good job with the animation here and with the pacing too. I personally think that it was perfect and despite comments by others, it wasn't fast or anything. Great voice acting and direction is a big plus too.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Best Male Lead: Alucard (Hellsing)
Best Male supporting character: Batou (Ghost in the Shell)
Best Female Lead: "The Major"/Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)

Best Male Seiyuu: Hōchū Ōtsuka (Jiraiya @ Naruto)

Best Opening Theme: Bleach Opening #1: Orange Orange - Asterix
Best Ending Theme: Berserk: Waiting so Long
Best Insert Song: Hellsing OST (Ruins): Kikyo Kaoru Iroha Michi
Best Anime Soundtrack: Hellsing (Albums: Raid / Ruins)
Two whole albums for an anime series of only 13 episodes. And they're totally worth their length!

Best Comedy: Full Metal Panic - Fumoffu
Best Action: Hellsing
It's kinda old already and I know that many people disliked the old series. But I think it has a great combination of horror elements, stylish characters, cool fights and madness.
Best Fantasy: Spirited Away
Most people will know it, it was an amazing movie reaching a broad audience.
Best Sci-Fi: Space Battleship Yamato
It was groundbreaking not only for anime (by making it popular in Japan and overseas!) but also for science fiction. It is said to be the first Sci-Fi to use the word "Warp", and delivers a lot of technical explanations for futuristic tech.

Best Villain: Dessler (Space Battleship Yamato)
A stylish, honour-bound villain. Kinda classic, a proud and cool villain.
Best Fight: Space Battleship Yamato 2: Earth Fleet vs. Comet Empire
It's not just any fight, it's a full scale war decided in a single, epic battle.

Best Episode: Berserk Ep. 25 (final episode)
I know, many people hate how the anime adaption ends... but I think it's kinda epic :D
Best Animation Movies: Ghost in the Shell
Afaik also very important for anime movies in general. Showing how good and deep anime can be to a broad audience.

Best Movie: Ghost in the Shell

Best Alteration of Story Line: Hellsing
Although it begins similar to the manga/OVA, it totally shifts focus. Much less fast-paced action and no nazi vampires -which I considered overdone-, but rather remaining more temperated. Actually that made Alucard and Victoria appearing much cooler and calmer than in the original story line!
Best Old School Anime: Space Battleship Yamato (1972)
Same reasons as for best Sci Fi. And very specifically for best oldschool: Groundbreaking in every way.

Last edited:

CBlitz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Best Male Lead (benelori)
Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop. The epitome of manliness, rule of cool and badassery. Generally one of the most recognizable anime characters around, deservedly so, he pretty much defined awesome male leads for a generation.

Best Male supporting character (benelori)
Fakir from Princess Tutu. He was actually the the supposed antagonist in the beginning but shifted over to supporting good guy some ways into the series. He had more character development in 12 episodes than main characters get in their entire run.

Best Female Lead (destiny4ever)
Hitagi Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari! I've seen tons of anime, yet she's the one that sticks out most as a female lead. Great character, great development and an awesome tsundere!

Best Female supporting character (destiny4ever)
Asuka Langley Soryu from Evangelion. Although she had a lot of character interaction with the main character, ultimately she didn't serve much purpose to the overall plot. Yet she still ended up being the best character in Evangelion.

Best Male Seiyuu (saladesu)
Daisuke Ono, he has a great range and voices some of my favorite characters like Shizuo from Durarara and Battler from Umineko. He can do manly voices and pretty boy voices and he pulls them all off with style.

Best Female Seiyuu (saladesu)
Sayaka Ohara. Again some incredible range, she can do cute voices for cute character and mature deep voices for older characters, my favorite characters voiced by her are Alicia from Aria and Beatrice from Umineko, two very polarizing roles.

Best Opening Theme (destiny4ever)
Cruel Angel's Thesis (Neon Genesis Evangelion Opening)

Best Ending Theme (destiny4ever)
Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari (Bakemonogatari ED)

Best Insert Song (saladesu)
Monochrome (Star Driver)

Best Anime Soundtrack (destiny4ever)
Hmm this is a hard one. I'll go with Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OST composed by Yoko Kanno. It's got a great variety and loads of really good songs, not just a bunch of throw aways.

Best Comedy (destiny4ever)
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes. Yeah it aired last year. Still the funniest show I've ever seen.

Best Action (benelori)
Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners. Its a movie series with some of the best choreographed/storyboarded fights I've ever seen in anime.

Best Romance (destiny4ever)
ef - tale of memories. Self-explanatory, one of the best romance animes around

Best Drama (HegemonKhan)
Haibane Renmei. Superb series with excellent character interactions and exposition

Best Mystery (HegemonKhan)
Monster. Yeah its also a manga, but the anime is better. There are also not many good candidates for the mystery genre in anime, but Monster is still amazing.

Best Slice of Life (destiny4ever)
Aria/Natural/Origination. Its the same show but different seasons. Aria is an incredible piece of work, the manga is good sure, but the anime is phenomenally better.

Best Sports (HegemonKhan)
...I don't think I've ever seen a sports anime...>__>

Best Horror (benelori)
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni/Kai. Again, same show, different seasons. There are not many if any good horror anime out there, but Higurashi is the only one that actually creeped me out years ago.

Best Sci-Fi (HegemonKhan)
Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Space-opera politics with some really amazing characters, plot and structure. One of the best shows I have ever see.

Best Fantasy (HegemonKhan)
Mononoke. One of my favorite shows etc. It has a trippy style but its amazing how much emotion is written into the arcs.

Best Costume Design (benelori)
umm Code Geass I guess. CLAMP did the designs after all :hurr

Best Villain (HegemonKhan)
Johan Liebert (Monster)

Best Death (saladesu)
Kamina's (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)

Best Fight (benelori)
Asuka vs. the EVA series (End of Evangelion)

Best Kiss (destiny4ever)
Haruhi and Kyon's in the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. We didn't actually see it up close but the build up to it was awesome and the music choice was epic!

Best Episode (HegemonKhan)
Naruto (original) 133

Best Couple (destiny4ever)
Holo & Lawrence (Spice & Wolf). Great couple, the development between the two if fun to watch and romantic but its got some good drama going for it to boot.

Best Full Cast (saladesu)
Baccano! Durarara comes into a close second but I loved all of Baccano's characters instead of a handful in Durarara

Best Animation TV series (saladesu)
Paranoia Agent. I think its the only TV series that comes close to 12-24 frames a second. Which is unheard of the medium. Runner ups would have to be Kamichu and Dennou Coil.

Best Animation OVAs (M3J)
Diebuster! It was either this or FLCL (both animated by Gainax). Diebuster gets the edge because it is a lot more action-animation focused than FLCL and has tons of amazing scenes to boot.

Best Animation Movies (M3J)
Princess Mononoke. Sup Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli :D

Best Opening (animation-wise) (benelori)
Revolutionary Girl Utena . Dem debris FX :zomg
Best Ending (animation-wise) (benelori)
Soul Eater ED1 . Probably the best ED Bones has ever done, don't like the song that much though.

Best Artwork/Art Style (saladesu)
Casshern Sins. There's so much intensity in the character designs and its incredibly stylistic. The hard lines are especially vivid in the fight scenes, <3 this anime

Best WTF Moment (benelori)
Mami's head getting chewed off...

Best plot-twist (HegemonKhan)
Lelouch geassing Euphemia

Best OVA (HegemonKhan)
Le Portrait de Petit Cossette. Its a 3 episode long OVA and its primarily mystery focused with some excellent suspense.

Best Movie (benelori)
Spirited Away. Miyazaki etc

Best Adaptation – Manga (saladesu)
Monster

Best Adaptation – Light Novel (HegemonKhan)
Bakemonogatari

Best Adaptation – Visual Novel/Games (benelori)
Clannad

Best Original Series (Not based off of a manga) (saladesu)
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Best Alteration of Story Line (saladesu)
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuioku-hen

Best Studio (saladesu)
Gainax :zomg

Best Old School Anime (only anime older than 2000 can participate in this award category) (M3J)
Neon Genesis Evangelion :hurr

Best Anime for 2010 / Best new series (anime first subbed in 2010 will be also accepted for this award category) (destiny4ever)
Tatami Galaxy! Best anime in 2010, it was artsy, trippy, had great animation and a really good story in the end. Shiki and Milky Holmes tie in second place for me :hurr

Best Ongoing Anime (only anime that have started airing before 2011 can participate in this award category) (HegemonKhan)
...Star Driver I guess. The Big 3 anime adaptions aren't that good (except maybe Bleach's), they're far from what I'd consider the best yet I can't think of many on-going series at the moment.

Best Anime Overall (only anime that has ended can participate in this award category)
(destiny4ever, saladesu, benelori and HegemonKhan)

Mushishi! Yeah I know it has a manga but the anime is waaay better because it has animation, music and voices! Its an easy-going series with some great philosophical elements. Best anime ever in my opinion :wtf

Last edited:

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
roflkopt3r:

under this definition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_fiction

you can use Spirited Away, though it's a very minor niche "sub-set" of mystery genre in very generalized terms. Usually mystery genre is more about crime/detective stories/plots, like Sherlock Holmes or Monster.

It would fit better under the Best Fantasy category, unless you want to use this for another choice.

Last edited:

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Best Male Lead: luffy (one piece)
Best Male supporting character : zorro (one piece)
Best Opening Theme : We are ( first one piece opening)
Best Costume Design : one piece
Best Villain :black beard ( one piece )
Best Death:
death of Ace ( one piece)
Best Fight : Monkey D luffy vs Rob luccy (One piece )
Best Sports: Hajime no ippo
Best Full Cast :One piece
Best Old School Anime: Dragon ball Z
Best Ongoing Anime :One piece
Best Anime Overall : One piece

Last edited by a moderator:

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for your nominations, scav! :) Unfortunately, One Piece can’t participate in the “Best Anime Overall” award category. Only anime series that have ended can participate in this award category and since One Piece hasn’t ended yet thus it can’t be nominated for the “Best Anime Overall” category. However, please feel free to nominate another anime that has ended and that you think deserves to be nominated for that award category.

Last edited:

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Best original serie : Gungrave
Best comedy: Golden boy
Best Anime overall: Dragon ball z then (its may be old, but the fights scene in DBZ are unique and i've never saw better than that in term of fight)

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Best Male Lead (benelori):

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Heero Yuy

Best Male supporting character (benelori):

Blood+: Haji

(he's a supporting character too, along with being a main character)

Best Female Lead (destiny4ever):

Blood+: Saya Otonashi

Best Female supporting character (destiny4ever):

Jyu Oh Sei: Tiz

(she's a supporting character too, along with being a main character)

Best Opening Theme (destiny4ever):

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd Gig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2InrTb5rYoQ&feature=related

Best Ending Theme (destiny4ever):

Vampire Knight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCp00HdL52Q

Best Insert Song (saladesu):

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom Opening 2

(if you can't understand Japanese, you need to find a sub, as the words/song is "vicious")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPTe9lMuFTc&feature=related

(runner up: Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom Opening 1)

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn2vBaO1q5E&feature=related)

Best Anime Soundtrack (destiny4ever):

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlRbIVoDn5c

Best Action (benelori):

Hellsing Ultimate

Best Mystery (HegemonKhan):

Death Note

Best Sports (HegemonKhan):

IGPX Immortal Grand Prix

Best Horror (benelori):

High School of the Dead

Best Sci-Fi (HegemonKhan):

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (season 1)
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd Gig (season 2)

Best Fantasy (HegemonKhan):

Claymore

Best Villain (HegemonKhan):

Blood+: Diva

Best Death (saladesu):

Hellsing Ultimate:
OVA 7: Zorin Blitz

(runners up =
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd Gig: Episode 1 - The last Individual Eleven or ~last episode - Gouda Kazundo, and then Wolf's Rain: ~last episode - Darcia)

Best Fight (benelori):

Wolf's Rain: The Final Battle

Best Kiss (destiny4ever):

Claymore:
Best Couple (destiny4ever):

Big O: Roger Smith and Dorothy R. Wayneright

Best Full Cast (saladesu):

Claymore

(runner up: Queen's Blade ...pervert's choice:p)

Best Animation TV series (saladesu):

Gargoyles (Disney)

if not Gargoyles, then = Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom

(runners up: Pirates of Dark Water, and then Red Planet)

Best Animation OVAs (M3J):

Hellsing Ultimate

Best Animation Movies (M3J):

Flight of Dragons

if not Flight of Dragons, then = Princess Mononoke

(runner up: Spirited Away)

Best Opening (animation-wise) (benelori):

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiiFtS22yyM&feature=fvwrel

Best Ending (animation-wise) (benelori):

Black Lagoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3_YE9hZRRA

Best Artwork/Art Style (saladesu):

Claymore

Best WTF Moment (benelori):

Claymore: Episode 9: Time 12:50 - 13:00

(this-below doesn't need to be put into a spoiler, as it's just a humorous/funny+WTF scene)

Clare (gently) punching Raki in the forehead to show her appreciation for him being concerned about her.

Best plot-twist (HegemonKhan):

Claymore: episode 8: Time 16:00 - 22:00

Priscilla decapitating Teresa and then Awakening

Best OVA (HegemonKhan):

Hellsing Ultimate

Best Movie (benelori):

Flight of Dragons

Best Adaptation – Manga (saladesu):

Big O

Best Adaptation – Visual Novel/Games (benelori):

Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom

(runner up: Devil May Cry)

Best Alteration of Story Line (saladesu):

Fullmetal Alchemist

Best Old School Anime (only anime older than 2000 can participate in this award category) (M3J):

(too many choices, argh!)

Best Anime for 2010 / Best new series (anime first subbed in 2010 will be also accepted for this award category) (destiny4ever):

Fullmetal Alchemist

(or a lot of pervert choices, lol: Asobi ni iku yo, High School of the Dead, Ladies versus Butlers, Queen's Blade, The Quaser of Stigmata, and Sekirei)

Best Ongoing Anime (only anime that have started airing before 2011 can participate in this award category) (HegemonKhan):

Best Anime Overall (only anime that has ended can participate in this award category) (destiny4ever, saladesu, benelori and HegemonKhan):

Hystzen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Best Male Lead

Amuro Ray - mobile suit gundam (1979)

Best Villian

Char Aznable- mobile suit gundam (1979)

best rival ever....his and amuros rivalry lasted 20 years (although did fight side by side during zeta gundam). also was a hinted pedophile...dont forget the greatest head shot ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbgFO3n8aN0

Best Soundtrack

Sengoku basara 2

examples
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_xuT6iPLio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoDMCjcGIBY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KRzpGZ5X38&feature=related

Best Adaptation – Visual Novel/Games

Devil May Cry- just portrays Dante so good

Best Animation TV series

Gargoyles

Best Anime Overall

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Best Old School Anime

Mobile Suit Gundam (1979)- redefined and made mecha genre popular...great characters,story and villains

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Best old school anime
Legend of galactic heroes. LIST!

Best studio Madhouse

Best Horror Higurash no naku koro ni LIST!

Best anime openinggunslinger girl il teatrino tatta hitotsu no Omoi
link!

Best Ovamars destruction.

Best anime ending theme nodame cantabile konna no chikaku de

link

Best movie Spirited awayLIST

Best slice of life Toradora LIST

Best comedyGintama LIST!

Best mystery Death note LIST!

Best sport One Outs LIST!
Thats it for now(I will add all my nominations when I decide which are best), sorry if the list is a little jumbled up

Best death
Kaminas death in gurren lagann, thanks for brining it up ust.

Best Villain Tetsuo from Akira

Best romance anime Bokura ga ItaLIST!

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Best Male Lead Eikiichi Onizuka from Great Teacher Onizuka. Even though the anime was slightly altered, despite filler material it stayed very true to the manga Onizuka, which is a brilliant character. The ex-deliquent surely is (even how unlikely it seems) the greatest teacher.

Best Male supporting character
Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. At first I thought he was annoying, but his will and persona affected the world of the series so long even after his dead that it was very impressing. He was a true revolutionary hero, in the good sense of the word.

Best Male Seiyuu Kappei Yamaguchi. I'm not much into seiyuus, I only remeber a few names because they are either super popular or particulary impressive. I guess Yamaguchi is both. It's incredible how flexible he is doing a character such as Usopp from One Piece, and L from Death Note and be great at both!

Music is very important to me in anime, so I'll think the music categories bit longer. I'm leaning towards lot of Susumu Hirasawa/Satoshi Kon production though.

Best Comedy - Not sure yet. Pondering between Arakawa Underbridge, GTO, and the rather new Beelzebub and Level E.

Best Action
- Black Lagoon. I liked how over done it is, and further in the anime, more intense the fights get.

Best Drama - I think Monster could be nominated here too? I'm still retaining my nomination here though. Grave of Fireflies goes here also I think. And Millenium Actress.

Best Mystery - I'm sure someone else goes with Monster, so I'll still ponder a while which Satoshi Kon product to nominate. Paprika or Paranoia Agent

Best Sports Giant Killing. Even if it was much weaker than the manga, it was still very good and very fresh in the sports genre.

Best Horror - Could Monster be nominated here too? It got me horrified many times.

Best Sci-Fi - Can't decide... Planets, Eureka 7, Paprika...

Best Fantasy - No doubt something by Miyazaki. Mononoke Hime is my nomination.

Best Villain - Johann from Monster. As horrifying as in the manga. Incrediby deep.

Best Death Supporting here Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Kamina's Death
It had such a great signifigance on the story and was touchingly heroic too.

Best Fight - I'm still considering this. But I'm leaning towards Porco Rosso vs. that american guy in the Ghibli film. :D

Best Artwork/Art Style - Kuchu Buranko. Just.. wow. I haven't even seen it fully, but still.

Best Movie - Tonari no Totoro. Overall greatest Miyazaki film in my opinion.

Best Adaptation – Light Novel Baccano! I found it slightly better than Durarara which was amazing too. I guess it's the amount of blood and insaness, lot more that in Baccano.

Best Studio Ghibli, no doubts. I sure hope someone nominates Madhouse too.

Best Old School Anime Tanoshii Moomin Ikka. The wonderfull adaptation of finlandsswedish classic children's books. There are many others I'd like to nominate, like Ashita no Joe or Mazinger Z, but for me personally Tales of the Moomin Valley mean so much.

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I support the nomination for Best Comedy- Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu!
12 episodes of non stop laughing and it is also laughable for people who don't watch the series but the show as a standalone. But it is recommended to watch the series before checking this out.

Best Drama:
Clannad. An emotional rollercoaster ride with After Story, from start to the end, the first Clannad also have one of the most unique and touching arc (the one with the violin * hints * hints *)
(If I can only nominate between Clannad and After story, then I'll be nominating After Story).

Best Mystery:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Mostly known as the
shitstorm and the epic fail adaption
of the visual novel but at least I manage to grasp and like the mystery part of Umineko from the anime.

Best Slice of Life:
K-ON!! The second season of K-ON have amazing songs and the characters are always lovable to watch. I miss my weekly dose of K-ON :darn

Best Death:
Naruto
The death of Jiraiya

Best Animation OVAS:
Darker Than Black Gaiden

Best Anime for 2010:
The Legend of the Legendary Heroes. This is the first anime to introduce me to the medieval-kind-of-world setting and it left me a deep impression with the cast and I want a season two~

Best Original Series:
Gurren Lagann
A very drill piercing anime that made an epic impression that'll last for a long time to come.

Last edited:

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Best Opening Theme:
Opening theme in Latin ? Is that even possible ? Elfen Lied did it & did it wonderfully.
Seriously, listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaV6eDvgiG4
Best Ending Theme: Saiyuki Reload
2nd Ending (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=162vo6Uxg-4)
I don't know why I like it so much but I'm full of energy each time I hear it
Best Comedy: Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Best Action: Black Lagoon
Best Drama: Neon Genesis Evangelion
An anime so rich at a psychological level that it was studied in some universities ...
Best Sci-Fi: Gundam Seed
It's one of the few mecha anime I could watch. Lovable characters, great scenario ...
Best Opening: Last Exile
One of the few openings that I actually remember. The song, the graphics, the animation ... Really atypical. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg_WdJql2sE&feature=related)
Best Studio: Gonzo
Last Exile, Basilisk, Full Metal Panic, Chrno Crusades, Speed Grapher, Trinity Blood, ... The list is long.
Best Old School Anime:
Without any doubt: Cowboy Beebop: The animation, the soundtrack, the details,... Everything is at a level that most ongoing animes don't even reach today.
... To be honest, I still had one little doubt: Evangelion. But Evangelion's ending was a little too much for me

Best Anime Overall: Basilisk:
I really like Basilisk. From beginning to ending, from opening theme to ending theme, from characters to story ... I just like everything in that anime

NB: I can't believe I'm the first to nominate Cowboy Beebop & Evangelion ... Those two are as cult as it can be
NB2: I didn't want to give my vote two times to the same anime.

Last edited:

Yabe

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Best Female Lead: Sophie Hatter (Howl's moving Castle)
Best Female supporting character: Botan (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Best Female Seiyuu: I support Sayaka Ohara
It amazed me she could voice both the bold and spunky Erza in Fairy Tail and Alicia (gentle and angelic) in Aria so consistently well.

Best Opening Theme: Katekyo Hitman Reborn! OP #02 - Boys & Girls
Best Ending Theme: Tegami Bachi Reverse ED #01 - Wasurenagus (Forget-Me-Not)
Best Insert song: Aria the Origination (Episode 11 & 12) - Yokogao
Best Anime Soundtrack: Aria (albums: vocal collections and all OSTs by Choro Club)

Best Action: Seirei no Moribito
Best Romance: Kimagure Orange Road
Best Drama: I support Haibane Renmai
Best Slice of Life: I support Aria series (the Animation/the Natural/the Origination)
It's the only anime I've happily managed to remind myself keep up re-watching it from start at least a time a year.
Best Sports: Ookiku Furikabutte
Best Sci-fi: Eve no Jikan
Best Fantasy: I support Spirited Away

Best Villain: Younger Toguro (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Best Fight: Yu Yu Hakusho - Yusuke & Kuwabara VS the Toguro brothers (I can't remember what episodes)

Best Kiss:
Takaki and Akari's
Best Couple: Claire Stanfield & Chane (Baccano!)
Best Full cast: I support Baccano!

Best Opening (animation-wise): Seirei no Moribito - Shine

Best Old School Anime: Musashi no Ken
Best Anime for 2010: Tegami Bachi Reverse

Darkp

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Best Male Lead : Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
Best Female Lead : Revy (Black Lagoon)
Best Male Supporting Character : L (Death Note)
Best Villain :Johan Liebert (Monster)
Best Anime Overall : Berserk

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
hmm it doesn't look like this Award is as popular as the manga one, I hope there will be a lot more suggestions in the next few days. I'm sure the Big 3 will take a lot of categories but it won't be as extreme as in the last one, at least I hope so :/

I wonder the about Best Opening/Ending theme, is it meant like best song for an OP/ED (as some people did it that way) or best motive/overall impression?

now for the nominations, I'm sure I will change quite a lot afterwards but for now I will go with what comes to my mind (even though the nominations are going to be really hard, there are so much good choices one could make):

Best Male Lead (benelori): Yagami Light (Death Note), because he's a memorable character and not just your typical lead person.

Best Male supporting character (benelori): Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Best Female Lead (destiny4ever): Kuronuma Sawako (Kimi ni Todoke), may be highly biased because I'm in love with the series right now :p still I think she's an interesting character.

Best Female supporting character (destiny4ever): I support CBlitz's nomination, Asuka Langley Soryu (Neon Genesis Evangelion) for said reason!

Best Insert Song: Yoko Kanno - Deadly Work (Darker than Black)
I don't really remember a lot of insert songs but this one was quite impressive and fitting for the fight between Hei and Wei.

Best Anime Soundtrack (destiny4ever): The "Darker than Black OST", I enjoyed nearly every soundtrack. Yoko Kanno has done a great job :love

Best Action (benelori): "Hellsing OVA's", there are series with better fighting sequences but it contains a lot of awesome fights. I'm still eager to see the fight between Alucard and
Walter!

Best Romance (destiny4ever): Kimi ni Todoke :whoo

Best Drama (HegemonKhan): Neon Genesis Evangelion. The last episodes were completely mind-blowing, in both negative and positive ways.

Best Mystery (HegemonKhan): Monster

Best Horror (benelori): I haven't watched a lot of horror shows but "Shiki" was definitely captivating.

Best Fantasy (HegemonKhan): Hard decision, I will go with "Soul Eater" for now.

Best Costume Design (benelori): Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Best Villain (HegemonKhan): Johann Liebert (Monster)

Best Death (saladesu):
Wolfgang Grimmer, his death was so touching :crying

Best Fight (benelori): Naruto vs. Sasuke at the Valley of the End (Naruto)

Best Episode (HegemonKhan): I support CBlitz nomination: Naruto (original) episode 133

Best Couple (destiny4ever): Kazehaya Shouta and Kuronuma Sawako (Kimi ni Todoke)

Best Full Cast (saladesu): Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Best Animation TV series (saladesu): Death Note
Best Animation OVAs (M3J): Hellsing OVA's
Best Animation Movies (M3J): Evangelion 2.0: You Can (not) Advance

Best OVA (HegemonKhan): Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden
Best Movie (benelori): Evangelion 2.0: You Can (not) Advance

Best Adaptation – Manga (saladesu): Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Best Adaptation – Light Novel (HegemonKhan): I support Ustegius nomination, "Baccano!" The madness of some characters was stunning, I completely agree about what he said.

Best Original Series(saladesu): Darker than Black

Best Alteration of Story Line (saladesu): Soul Eater

Best Studio (saladesu): BONES, nearly every series they have made was good or great.

Best Anime Overall : Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Last edited:

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for all those great nominations, Hege! :)
Best Male supporting character (benelori):

(he's a supporting character too, along with being a main character)
I’m a bit hesitant about letting Haji participate in the “best male supporting character” category, since he is the male protagonist of the series after all. I tried to look for information that could suggest that he is a supporting character but I couldn’t find it. Could you please nominate another character for this category? Or could you please post information about him that supports his nomination as a supporting character?

Best Female supporting character (destiny4ever):

(she's a supporting character too, along with being a main character)
I’m a bit hesitant about letting Tiz participate in the “best female supporting character” category, since she is the female protagonist of the series after all. I tried to look for information that could suggest that she is a supporting character but I couldn’t find it. Could you please nominate another character for this category? Or could you please post information about her that supports her nomination as a supporting character?

Thank you for those awesome nominations, Hystzen! :thumbs
Best Animation TV series
Gargoyles
The MH Anime awards is only going to focus on series from Japan, so could you please nominate another series for the “best animation (TV series) category, Hystzen?

Thanks you for those fantastic nominations, Ustegius! :cool:

Best Horror - Could Monster be nominated here too? It got me horrified many times.
Of course Monster can be nominated for the horror category. :) In fact, it would be a shame to leave such an amazing anime out of this award category.

Thank you for those wonderful nominations, naruto-niikun!

I wonder the about Best Opening/Ending theme, is it meant like best song for an OP/ED (as some people did it that way) or best motive/overall impression?
The categories of Best Opening/Ending theme are all about the songs. :) So please feel free to nominate your favorite anisongs for those categories.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nii

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for all those great nominations, Hege! :)

I’m a bit hesitant about letting Haji participate in the “best male supporting character” category, since he is the male protagonist of the series after all. I tried to look for information that could suggest that he is a supporting character but I couldn’t find it. Could you please nominate another character for this category? Or could you please post information about him that supports his nomination as a supporting character?

I’m a bit hesitant about letting Tiz participate in the “best female supporting character” category, since she is the female protagonist of the series after all. I tried to look for information that could suggest that she is a supporting character but I couldn’t find it. Could you please nominate another character for this category? Or could you please post information about her that supports her nomination as a supporting character?
*I don't know of any other supporting characters, so that's why I'm trying to push these two again, otherwise both male and female supporting characters for me has to be blank, as I don't know of any others that I feel deserve to nominated*

*Blood+ is my next most favorite manga/anime, after Claymore. I know a lot about Blood+, been doing extensive research on it in my passion for it, like with Claymore. I know (well, I'm forgetting stuff now, grr) it really well, inside and out.*

I completely disagree with the wikipedia saying he's a main character, after 'watching the anime', (as I haven't read the manga yet), I feel it's pretty blatant that he's a supporting character, and not even also a main character.

Haji is literally Saya's chevalier, her supporting male guardian/servant. He has no actual role in the plot of the story**, all he exists for is to protect, follow, support, and serve Saya.

So, that to me would be a supporting character, especially with not having any actual role in the plot of the story**. Ya, he's constantly shown/seen in the manga/anime, as he's always at Saya's side looking out of her, but that doesn't construe a main character in my opinion. He's her servant, her "side-kick", her "lackey", a supporting character in the most literal use of the word.

(other than originally being bought by the scientists to try to breed with Saya consensually opposed to her poor sister, Diva, which is hinted at being forcedly raped by an unknown suitor, imprisoned inside her tower. long explanation. they were a new species, and these two scientists wanted to study them. Diva was locked up in the tower to keep human influence to a minimum, to study her "naturally/wildly", while Saya was allowed freedom to live with humans and be influenced by them, studying her "unnaturally/tamedly/domesticatedly"), as the human scientists wanted to impregnant them, being such a rare new species and dangerously consisting of only themselves. They didn't know at the time how this new species, chiropterans, reproduced).

longer story:

A new species is found, literally a batwoman, who they call Saya (the mother), which they call chiropteran. chiropteran is the actual scientific name for bats, btw. they are NOT vampires, but literally batmen and batwomen. Mother Saya is dead, and these two rich scientists begin to dissect her, finding two egg-cacoons in her womb. Their scalpels couldn't penetrate the hard egg-cacoons, and accidentally Amshel's finger gets cut from the sliding scalpel, and a drop of blood falls unto one of the egg-cacoons. It begins to pulse-glow, and it starts to hatch, the other egg-cacoon is blood-dripped and it hatches too. They name the two seemingly human baby girls, Saya and Diva. As scientists they want to study them. As you know there's a difference from a wild animal uninfluenced by humans and a domesticated tamed animal influenced by humans. so, they decide to as a control to test both. Diva would be locked up in a tower to keep human contact to a minimum. While Saya would be allowed to live among humans. They would compare the results and differences. Amshel was in charge of Diva, and Joel was in charge of Saya. Part of their study was these chiropterans reproduction, being concerned that there were only two of them, Saya and Diva. It was hinted at poor Diva being forcedly raped by an unknown suitor, while Saya would be bought a slave boy, Haji, in hopes that with time, she'd come to love him and thus have consensual sex. Well, this is not how their reproduction worked. These chiropterans, Saya and Diva, were the Queens, of their hive like species. the eventual truth of their species is that: they bite humans, making male drone-suitor chiropterans known as chevalier. Amshel became Diva's first chevalier. Haji would become Saya's first chevalier due to him falling to his death to get a flower for Saya down a ways of a cliff wall, lol. She had seen how her own blood would heal herself when she got hurt, so she tried to give her blood to the dead haji on the ground below. he's brought back from the dead to become her first chavalier, instead. anyways, for Saya or Diva to get impregnated, it turns out that it can ONLY happen from a chevalier of the OTHER Queen. Amshel figures this out, and so Diva rapes Saya's 2nd and last chevalier, Riku, her foster little human brother, and then kills him after raping him. Diva gets pregant, and unique to their species, they always and can only have two babies, two girl babies. Saya would eventually kill Diva, but spares Diva's babies.

the plot is a war between Diva and Saya. Diva wants to help her own species, turning all of humanity into chiropterans with her chavlier Amshel's (along with her other chevaliers') help, and Saya wants to protect her adopted species, the humans, fighting for them against Diva, with ehr faithful Haji always at her side.

The main characters in Blood+ in terms of the story's plot are:

Saya, Diva, Nathan (secretly), and ~Amshel (being the plotter of it all and villain, besides Diva herself), and everyone else is just a supporting character.

I completely disagree with the wikipedia saying she's a main character, after 'watching the anime', (as I haven't read the manga yet), I feel it's pretty blatant that she's a supporting character, and not even also a main character.

Like Haji, Tiz literally just supports Thor, and has no significance to the story's plot.
Yes, she initially saves him, loves him, wants his babies, and helps and supports him, thinking she'll be his wife and having his kids. However, Thor isn't romantically interested in her, seeing her merely as a sister, and falls in love with another woman, Karin. Both Karin and Tiz end up dead, not contributing to the story's plot at all other than helping, supporting, and enraging (when Karin was killed) the main character Thor, and sacrificing her life (Tiz does) for Zagi, for Thor.

So, that to me would be a supporting character, especially with not having any actual role in the plot of the story. Ya, she's constantly shown/seen in the manga/anime, as she's always at Thor's side looking out for him, but that doesn't construe a main character in my opinion. She's just his "Second" (2nd in charge - of Thor's group), a supporting character in the most literal use of the word.

the main characters in terms of the story's plot are:

Thor, Third, and Zagi, and everyone else is just a supporting character.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you so very much for the explanations, Hege! :) I’m also a fan of Blood + and I do agree that even though Haji is defined as the “male protagonist” of Blood + on various sites, he doesn’t fit the criteria of what a protagonist is:

A protagonist (from the Greek πρωταγωνιστής protagonistes, "one who plays the first part, chief actor") is the main character (the central or primary personal figure) of a literary, theatrical, cinematic, or musical narrative, around whom the events of the narrative's plot revolve and with whom the audience is intended to share the most empathy.
As you have explained, he fits the definition of what a supporting character is better:

A supporting character is a character of a book, play, video game, movie, television or radio show other form of storytelling usually used to give added dimension to a main character, by adding a relationship with this character. Sometimes supporting characters may develop a complexity of their own, but this is usually in relation to the main character, rather than entirely independently.
Because of the definition of a supporting character above and because of your explanation, Haji will be able to participate in the “best male supporting character” category.

As for Tiz, since she doesn’t fit the definition of what a protagonist is either; rather she fits the definition of what a supporting character is very well and plus your explanation, Tiz will be able to participate in the “best female supporting character” category.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.