Movies - The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Movies The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
About time MH got an MCU thread... Discuss anything related to the MCU.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So to kick things off.... What is up with spidey's suit at the end of Far From Home? We see that moment with peter designing his suit but... It doesn't seem to do anything specially useful in regards to the final battle. All we see spiderman do against the drones, ircc, is use his generic spiderman powers. And from the printer it looks like even the iron spider suit would have been viable.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I know the wanda vision thing was announced a while back, but it still sounds like an anime brand....
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Phase 4, including female Thor.

Way more important. Those films are in development:
Captain Marvel 2
Black Panther 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Fantastic 4
X-Men
Wait, so thor 4 will be with female thor or with the actual thor? I am kinda disappointed tbh, I was really looking forward to asgardians of the galaxy.

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Phase 4 is stacked with potentially great movies! Can't wait! :zomg
I'm very much excited about What If the most. If it turns out well, it could be one of the few great marvel animated series.
So to kick things off.... What is up with spidey's suit at the end of Far From Home? We see that moment with peter designing his suit but... It doesn't seem to do anything specially useful in regards to the final battle. All we see spiderman do against the drones, ircc, is use his generic spiderman powers. And from the printer it looks like even the iron spider suit would have been viable.
Maybe it's like that because he wanted a new suit XP
I kind of prefer the iron man-like suit of him in IW/Endgame.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Phase 4 is stacked with potentially great movies! Can't wait! :zomg
I'm very much excited about What If the most. If it turns out well, it could be one of the few great marvel animated series.

Maybe it's like that because he wanted a new suit XP
I kind of prefer the iron man-like suit of him in IW/Endgame.
I am generally not a fan of the iron spider suit. It is supposedly made to enhance peter's abilities but it just annoys me that peter with enhanced abilities is somehow inferior to your average iron man armor. And then, you have peter designing a custom made spidersuit to fight misterio and.... it does nothing?

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hemsworth is in Thor 4 but Portman and Thompson will be the leads.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I am generally not a fan of the iron spider suit. It is supposedly made to enhance peter's abilities but it just annoys me that peter with enhanced abilities is somehow inferior to your average iron man armor. And then, you have peter designing a custom made spidersuit to fight misterio and.... it does nothing?
That's understandable. I personally like it because of its design and few of the scenes that showcases of what it can do. As for the lastest suit, I feel that it's just a design choice than anything, but it doesn't take away the whole value of the movie for me.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Sounds like it could be fun. I kinda hope they don't make them a couple or anything like that (I prefer valkarie with thor).

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Sounds like it could be fun. I kinda hope they don't make them a couple or anything like that (I prefer valkarie with thor).
Valkyrie literally said that she as the king needs a queen. It will be the first lesbian romance in the MCU.
I like that. But why Portman?! She is horrible.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Valkyrie literally said that she as the king needs a queen. It will be the first lesbian romance in the MCU.
I like that. But why Portman?! She is horrible.
Such a waste though. As in, all that thompson/hemsworth chemistry goes to waste.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Such a waste though. As in, all that thompson/hemsworth chemistry goes to waste.
I sorta like that they didn't go down that road of romance between these characters with chemistry and they can just remain friendly with respect towards one another. Also as Sky pointed out, Valkyrie will be the first LGBTQ character in the MCU, so I'm curious who's she's going to be seeking out as her queen.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I sorta like that they didn't go down that road of romance between these characters with chemistry and they can just remain friendly with respect towards one another. Also as Sky pointed out, Valkyrie will be the first LGBTQ character in the MCU, so I'm curious who's she's going to be seeking out as her queen.
It will be Natalie Portman. They pretty much confirmed that on stage.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If we get Portman as Female Thor through wielding Mjolnir does that mean we will also get Beta Ray Bill wielding Stormbreaker?
After all they planned BRB for Ragnarok, but scrapped him and Kevin Feige said "it was so quick... and it just didn’t do it justice. And the feeling is, if you can’t do it justice, do it later."

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It will be Natalie Portman. They pretty much confirmed that on stage.
It will? That's not the vibe I got from watching that panel. Maybe I missed something, but I would rather it be someone else.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
If we get Portman as Female Thor through wielding Mjolnir does that mean we will also get Beta Ray Bill wielding Stormbreaker?
After all they planned BRB for Ragnarok, but scrapped him and Kevin Feige said "it was so quick... and it just didn’t do it justice. And the feeling is, if you can’t do it justice, do it later."
It shouldn't be through wielding mjolnir at least considering it currently does not exist. she'd have to access the power of thor through some other means. I suppose the most obvious answer is some multiverse nonsense.

Meh, I've been hoping for thor/valkarie since ragnarok. I suppose it makes more sense that a warrior that comes from an all female warrior tribe or whatever would be into women though. Natalie portman makes more sense as a potential holder of thor's power though I don't buy her being worthy. She doesn't have the sheer character development for that. Cap could but it took his nearly flawless moral compass or whatever other nonsense for this to happen. Then again, they could find a way to skip the whole worthiness thing. Ah, this reminded me I am annoyed that they made thor give up his throne again after all that happened in ragnarok. I was excited enough about a guardians of the galaxy movie to ignore this before but if we are not even getting that then I just have to point out that they have given thor the weirdest story arc. In ragnarok he ends up as the rightful king of asgard, which lasts two seconds, then thor proceeds to become king of fortnite and beer and then he gives up his throne to valkarie to go of to wander the universe.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It shouldn't be through wielding mjolnir at least considering it currently does not exist. she'd have to access the power of thor through some other means. I suppose the most obvious answer is some multiverse nonsense.
Well, she'll have to wield some kind of Mjolnir/Stormbreaker to be Thor. Odin himself said "Whoever shall be worthy of the hammer, shall receive the powers of Thor." and we saw that with Cap in Endgame. Without Mjolnir/Stormbreaker FemThor would just be someone with electricity powers and superhuman strength.
Multiverse FemThor is the most likely scenario.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, she'll have to wield some kind of Mjolnir/Stormbreaker to be Thor. Odin himself said "Whoever shall be worthy of the hammer, shall receive the powers of Thor." and we saw that with Cap in Endgame. Without Mjolnir/Stormbreaker FemThor would just be someone with electricity powers and superhuman strength.
Multiverse FemThor is the most likely scenario.
Stormbreaker does not have a worthiness enchantment on it. Unless thor places one, which we have no idea if he has the skill to do. Of course, the movies absolutely have to engineer a way for female thor to get thor's actual powers.

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Think Portman will be the Thor of a different universe. Considering Thor 4 is right after Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness, this film will probably tackle different events in different universes. Also Mjolnir's destroyed in the current universe, and even if Eitri somehow recreates it, Odin is also dead, so he wouldn't really be able to enchant it.

Either Portman might die in this movie and Hemsworth will take the hammer, and Stormbreaker will go to Beta Ray Bill sometime in the future, or this will be Hemsworth's goodbye to MCU, where Portman will continue to be Thor, while Beta Ray Bill inherits Stormbreaker, so eh.

Most excited for Shang-Chi, Eternals and Thor 4 for the films. Black Widow and Doctor Strange will be good too. For the Disney+ shows, hyped up to see WandaVision. Quite honestly couldn't care less about Loki and Hawkeye. What If is an overall pretty cool idea, but boring considering we know it's never gonna affect the universe in the long run. Falcon and Winter Soldier might be good, but not too invested.

It will? That's not the vibe I got from watching that panel. Maybe I missed something, but I would rather it be someone else.
You'd like a recast? Female Thor has always been Jane Foster, but I think they're mostly keeping her so they can keep the credibility of Thor and The Dark World.

Who'd you ideally like to see the character as?

Don't think the movie would do as well with him just as a side character as well. And I really did not get that vibe at all. Why do you think so?
I was thinking possibly after Thor 4 they could be, but not while Hemsworth is present in the film.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You'd like a recast? Female Thor has always been Jane Foster, but I think they're mostly keeping her so they can keep the credibility of Thor and The Dark World.

Who'd you ideally like to see the character as?
I didn't think they'd be bringing her back, seeing as she was mentioned to have broken up with Thor in Ragnarok. I assumed that'd be them writing her out the Marvel universe. There had been rumours of Portman not really getting on and enjoying her role in that universe iirc.

Honestly, I can't think; just someone....taller :XD

Well she did say she was gonna buff up, so we'll see

Reactions: Sky