The Mel_Luvz_Anime Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Mel_Luvz_Anime Thread

Dubby

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I personally think Furuba is a bit overrated. Not saying it's bad or anything, but 'saintly' Tohru never fails to annoy me. >.>

Anyways...

I think it's cool you're Indian. A lot of my friends are, and I'm fascinated by the culture. I can go over to a friend's house and spend the entire time just talking to their mother. ^^ Tell me the most interesting about the Indian culture! I love asking this question. 8D

Mel_Luvz_Anime

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It seems like you have quite a fan following already here, Mel. XD

It's good to see more translators start threads here. So Hindi is supposed to be your mother tongue? That's interesting, you may be the first person we have here who can say that. Though I think we do have somebody from India here...

I see out of the top 5 mangas you mentioned, you like Bleach as well. Who's your favorite character in it? Sorry I don't read much shoujo ^^; But well, hope you have a good time here at MH.

Heh yeah Hindi is sposed to be but I actually know more Japanese than I do Hindi. I don't know why but it just interests me more. And I guess that makes me unique YAY!!! Someone else from India.... if you're talking about Smartpal then yeah he makes his presence known now and then. Btw I'm Indian but not from India ... just fyi

Ohhh yeah I'm totally in Love with Bleach, at the moment I really like Grimmjow, he's just awesomeness!!!!! I absolutely love his form when he goes all out against Ichigo, Meeeooow much XD But before he was even introduced I was a huge Byakuya fan... I still am actually, especially lately in the manga .... (no spoilers aye)

Honestly though I don't read much shoujo either, those are the only ones I actually liked, generally I prefer shounen/seinen genre... I don't know why, it's just cooler and much more fun to watch/read.

I personally think Furuba is a bit overrated. Not saying it's bad or anything, but 'saintly' Tohru never fails to annoy me. >.>

Anyways...

I think it's cool you're Indian. A lot of my friends are, and I'm fascinated by the culture. I can go over to a friend's house and spend the entire time just talking to their mother. ^^ Tell me the most interesting about the Indian culture! I love asking this question. 8D

I think the anime is overrated, but I don't think the manga is. I think shoujo fans like a girl who has a bit of an attitude or something like that, so it's just a kind of character that ppl are not used to.

Heheh yeah I spose being Indian is awesome, and yeah we're very family oriented so basically my friends are also good friends with my mum as well. (But secretly I think it's a way for them to get to know what kind of friends you hang out with and if they're good people or not, you know. After all they're your parents, they're only looking out for you). But mine isn't like that too much.

Umm the most interesting??? I don't know. Such a strange question... well since u said interesting instead of funny or worst or something i'll say, the most interesting thing is the way we celebrate things that are important to us. We treasure life so much that we create entire occasions just to celebrate them. Like weddings... its a week-long celebration unlike christian weddings which are only 1 day. We get to dress up for sometimes no reason at all and just have fun. And dancing and singing is a part of our culture, so you can't escape that... it's everywhere.

Come to think of it, ppl don't usually ask about my culture here, prolly coz they don't know. Well I don't think it's that important anyway, except how I can't have a satisfying day without having some curry. If I don't then I'll just be all cranky, I can't help it, it's in my blood. XD

Mel_Luvz_Anime

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Last edited:

Mel_Luvz_Anime

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
OMG mangahelpers sure has changed a lot, what on earth have i missed?