Events - The MH Golden Week Scavenger Hunt | Page 20 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Events The MH Golden Week Scavenger Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
chibi fail :cookiestare
Noooooooooooooooooooo.

They did pretty well to have come this far, and the riddles were hard (though I forgot what the riddles were <_<). Everyone did a great job, whether in team or individually, so there's no kind of fail, even if someone came in last place (:rofl).

Next time though, we may just stick with team since you guys had more fun working as teams.

And good job and congrats to everyone and to winners! Have a stick of pocky on me! \o/

It's strawberry flavor. Don't like it? TOO BAD, NONE FOR YOU! :mad

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Announcement

As all of you are aware by now, the MH Scavenger Hunt is over.​
  • The results of the game concluded in a tie for First Place.
  • In First Place we have [user]BBB Banana[/user] & Iceiphoenix .
  • The tie breaker round we held in order to choose a final winner also ended in a draw.
  • The game staff has therefore chosen to allow both of them to take the title of "winner".
Rewards:
They will receive the following.
  • Interview.
  • Bar & Badge.
  • Custom Title (each).
  • The participants who took part in the last round will also receive an award badge.
  • * For the custom title, please send a PM to igotthegoods .
  • * Say in your PM that you are the MH Scavenger Hunt winner and request your title.

All The Riddle clues and Answers (CLICK SPOILER TAG)

GOLDEN WEEK SCAVENGER HUNT
~ ANSWER KEY ~

Day 1
  1. Two wrongs do not make a right. But what do two rights make? Hint: A winged cat that soars the sky will be the one to lead you to the thread you need to find.
    Answer: An airplane
    Thread: The Abroad Thread
  2. Answer/Thread: Kimi ni Todoke
  3. If MH were a football/soccer team you would be chanting this a lot. Hint: A four-letter word will be the one to lead you to the final thread for this day.
    Answer: Goal
    Thread: The Goal of this Forum

Day 2
  1. Day 2 of the SCAV HUNT, begin!
    Answer: [user]scav[/user]'s thread
    Thread: Rolling Papers
  2. Answer: Liar Game
    Thread: Favorite LG Rounds & Revivals
  3. If people around the world would vote as on the MR game, politics and things will be very different. Hint: That phrase will be your clue for the next thread you need to find.
    Answer: Voting
    Thread: How do you vote in your country?

Day 3
  1. クイズ
    Answer/Thread: QUIZ
  2. If you don’t want to freak out during exams, you can ask a tutor to guide you and tutor you or you can use:

Day 4
  1. The code for this thread is: 295349#post295349 if you break it you'll find the thread.
    Answer/Thread: Code: Breaker
  2. The Code to decipher a girl’s heart is being a bishie heartbreaker, in short, the opposite of being a good boy
    Answer: Badboy bishie
    Thread: Who's your favorite badboy bishie?

3. Fandom can make Sakura epic, too bad it doesn’t happen too often in the canon world...
    Answer/Thread: Will of Stone

Day 5
  1. Who are we?

Answer: Mangaka
    Thread: Pictures of Japanese Mangaka
  2. 天気予報:セグア エリアが凍結しています
    Answer: [user]segua[/user]'s review of Freezing
    Thread: Freezing
  3. Answer/Link: Twitter

Day 6
  1. Food that is too cute and/or artistic to be eaten
    Answer/Thread: Japanese Food Art

2. Thinking in French while looking at that page and hanging in there will lead you to the next thread.
    Answer: Amateur
    Thread: Amateur Manga: Hangout

Day 7
  1. Someone with one of the coolest cosplays, who captivated the hearts of people here on MH with his Engrish and awesome personality and who will now have a new role here on MH. He will turn a thing understandable to one group of people to a thing understandable to another. Hint: "Headlines read: I'm too busy for Manga"
    Answer: A translator news post from [user]Kotaku[/user]
    Link: Ai no Kusabi
  2. Answer: Ai no Kusabi
    Thread: Boys Love Anime
  3. I have so many friends, but are you mine?
    Answer: Facebook
    Link: Hi Mangahelpers!

Day 8
  1. I have a saying, “if its on fire, put it out”, "if someone falls, pick them up"
  2. Is there a meaning behind my existence? What was the reason I was born?
  3. I have kept it secret and I dare not share.
    If there was a special day for you and I, would you be there? ( & hear me out?)
    Answer: Valentine's Day
    Thread: Valentine's Day Thread 2011 <3~
  4. Mangahelpers has four wise sarus (monkeys). They behave very strangely. Sally_zaru covers her hands(originally key board), Milly_zaru covers his mouth, Destiny_Zaru covers her ears. Charlie_ zaru wonders the forums aimlessly. One is Blue, one is Pink and the remaining other two are green. All four wise zarus refuse to speak a word. Is it impossible for them to communicate?
    Answer: Writing by hand
    Thread: Handwritten MH Talk <3 (no typed posts allowed)
  5. Manga. There are so many.
    Just one I want to read.
    But which can you be?
    My mind won't take heed.
    I spot Resident Vile,
    Remi Kart 2, Red vs. Blue
    and other famous diversions.
    Weekdays don't give me a clue.
    How can I find you?
    Nothing seems to help.
    If only I could use a site
    similar to yelp.
    Answer: Dennou Yuuki Club, found by searching MH Database for tags "video games, parody" or looking at all Shounen Sunday manga
    Link: Dennou Yuuki Club
  6. I am not exactly a list,
    but I contain many items.
    They can either excite or bore
    and provide much fodder in the forums.
    A row of these items
    provides a glimpse into the future.
    But only one veiled link
    will give you what you're searching for.
    You must go through a connection
    before you can score.
    Answer: Upcoming Chapters box here
    Thread: To discuss is divine~
  7. Very persistent I am, I was discarded 30 times but I didn’t give up.
    A philosopher’s stone guided my path and took me from darkness to light.
    Although I need to say that secrets, a fugitive, fire, and some magic also helped me reach the sky and as phoenix soar the skies.
    I also met a hanyou prince, whose objective at the beginning wasn’t very clear, but at the end it was revealed friend not a foe had been he.
    A riddle and various letalis consider sacred appeared as I was nearing the end of my trip, but my faithful companion since the start, Mr. Z, bravely fought them and took the final win.
    If you can figure out who I am, then I will lead to the thread you need to find.
  8. Once upon a time, there was a musical book from the Land of the Rising Sun. Within the book there was a song that told the tale of beautiful princess Ayumi who had been sadly “misunderstood” because of her “first love” and great desire “to be free” of all the oppression she experienced while living in the castle. She had been separated from the only man she had ever loved and the only connection that she had with her great love was a “song for” her, a love song that her beloved had composed for her, a song about their “romance”. And every time the young lady heard the song, the “darkness (in her) eyes” would show just a “little (bit) of (the) pain” she was experiencing in her heart. The song about this princess and her heartbreaking love story along with the highlighted notes will help you find the musical book that will show you the thread you need to find on this quest.
    Answer: Lyrics from Hamasaki Ayumi - (Miss)Understood
    Thread: J-Music Songbook
  9. I am what people like to utter a lot. I'm what make movies be remembered and I am why many people are forever etched in history. You may use me to get a point across or to look cool, but one thing is clear: I am used everywhere and usually am epic.
  10. I am what keeps people alive and believing. I give people reasons why they should live and live by the rules, and I take away reasons why people should misbehave. Alas, I am used in the name of strife that may never end as long as I exist. There are hundreds of me and millions that love me.
    Answer: Religion
    Thread: Religion Discussion and Q&A Thread
  11. I am what you desire in stories, be it a video game, TV, movie, or book. I spurn you to keep on going until the end, and I am what addicts you. While I may be common, I'm not as omnipresent as thought to be.
    Answer: Good Ending
    Thread: GE - Good Ending
  12. Part 1-
    Both of them look beautiful from afar
    But when you try to grasp them in your hands
    You may find that some might leave a scar
    Yet they both bring hope throughout the lands
    In the land of the rising sun they are joined with a "to"
    To make them the #1 for girls without a foe
    From the company of white springs does it flow
    What are they? (hint: ______ and/と _______)

Part 2-
    Hey! Say! What do you get when 10+7-5+30/3-1?
    Not number four, but the seventh from it.
    A picture is what you seek.
  13. A special day for a special someone. The special number is 39, but it's not the age.
    Hint: The Japanese can always remember the year America was discovered. Can you?
    Answer: Hatsune Miku Day (in Japanese, 3 [mi] and 9 [ku] can be put together for "Miku", while 1492, the year America was discovered, can be read i-yo-ku-ni - 'wow! land/country!")
    Link: Happy Hatsune Miku Day!!

14. Hint: For a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
    Answer: What's in a name?
    Thread: Bakuman Names
  15. 3c, Blai, saladesu, vintagemistakes
    What are they?
    Answer/Thread: All Blue

For the tie-breaker round, unsolved riddles (5, 9, 13, 14, 15) from Day 8 were re-used. By the way, here were the people who came up with day 8's riddles:
1-4: Charlie | 5-6: c_k | 7-8: destiny4ever | 9: igotthegoods | 10-12: M3J | 13-16: saladesu

Congratulations to the first place winners and all the participants who took part in the Scavenger Hunt! All of you were amazing in the game! Thank you to all MH members who have taken part in this Hunt and made it enjoyable.

:confetti

A big thank you to [user]Charlie[/user] and [user]c_k[/user] for helping us to come up with some riddles, and [user]3c[/user], [user]Akainu[/user] and [user]njt[/user] for helping us hide some of them! :thumbs

~ [user]destiny4ever[/user], [user]igotthegoods[/user], [user]Blai[/user], [user]M3J[/user] and [user]saladesu[/user]​

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Oh man to think I was so close in some like the Harry Potter one or the colors and shounen sunday one and yet so far away on the shakespear one (for that one thinking outside the box was really needed :s)

I need to think of custom tittle :s

Btw lovelly badge :wtf

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Congratulations chibis BBB and Icei! :confetti

Special thanks for all the mods involved in this great project! It was very interesting and a lot of fun, though I must admit I'm a little bit happy also because it's finally over. But I do hope there is an other one later. I kinda learned to enjoy headdesking.

Also a public thank you for my amazing teammates Hystzen and Imperium. We were really the best team :3c

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
how did i not get riddle 9

I got the book on shelf staring right at me :crying

Thanks for staff for the fun and the God Team we formed on day 3 we could have won this but we let you lot win

thanks hopefully compete again

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
..... >_> ..... >_> I feel idiotic now not getting those riddles... Oh Well Congrats Chibis and everyone else who made it to the finals!

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States
The award badges were assigned as follows:

First place

With 85 points…

BBB Banana & Iceiphoenix
Chibis ftw!! :confetti

Second place

With 75 points

Ustegius :confetti

Third place

With 50 points

Hystzen
Digitaldude
:confetti

Fourth place

With 45 points

After_Image
Imperium

Fifth place

With 35 points

Bugzee
ℳαkαἶ ♛ ℇ♏℘ἶɾℯ

Sixth place

Farfalla

Seventh place

Googlez_kun

Eighth place

kdowns

All finalists who took part in the last round received a badge in addition to our top finishers. Thanks to Coffee for creating the badges and the sig bar (I'll PM these to the winners shortly). Thanks to all of the staff who helped with this (especially those who didn't even originally sign up, but did a ton of work anyway. You rock! :hug). And the biggest thanks to everyone who participated! Everyone did an amazing job and I really hoped you all enjoyed it! :amuse

Last edited:

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
The sig bar is pretty cool :thumbs

DLord.Van.Buuren

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Gratz to you both :confetti

can Your custom title be dl is awsome :3c ?

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confetti :confetti :confetti

Congrats Queen Chibi & BBBaka!!!

:confetti :confetti :confetti

I'm so happy you both get to share the treats~~~ Super job, Team Chibi! BBB needs a colour username and googalee needs a custom title now to complete the epicness of team chibi... :wtf

Now that the riddles have been posted, I'll get to work on that post I said I was going to make. It'll take some time but I'll get it done~ :Gaipose

*goes back to the FF*

jorped

The True Ninja
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
why didn't i at least pmed a mod saying that i was going to start :crying
Even with 0 points i would get something :lmao
I didn't had time to loose on this final round so this would be a good way of getting that badge :lmao

:3c

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
Reaction score
Country
Australia
:lmao BBBro, we made the biggest tie-breaker fail ever. :lmao

BBBRO!! WE MADE IT!!! :crying

First of all, a HUGE thank you to Googz! Without you, we wouldn't be here. Although your timezone was kind of awkward, you've been a huge help to Team Chibi, before the teams were split and we were pitted against each other! :hug

Congratulations to all the finalists, especially to Uste, Digi and Hyst!! :confetti
And a huge thank you to everyone who participated! It was awesome how there was so much competition between the teams, and I admired all the teamwork that was going on! :scry You guys were great to compete with! Especially Team Angels and Imphystegius! You guys were a huge threat to everyone else, and everyone were all striving to beat you! :XD Good game, guys~! :thumbs

Last but not least, thank you to all the staff who organized all this and put up with all our questions, PMs and nagging for clues! :tackle It was a really fun filled week and it made us completely forget about manga! When the new chapters did come out, I ignored them for about 4 hours or so before I started reading them because I was busy working on the scav hunt! :XD

It'll be fun to have another scav hunt next year as well! Only if it's during the holidays for me... Heh.

Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I was just editing out all the clues from the threads...

And I must say, I FEEL YOUR PAIN EVERYONE :bored

It was so hard to find every edited post especially when there were pages and pages of stuff <.<

So yeah, seriously, well done everyone, whether or not you made it to the finals or whatsoever, you guys are awesome :lovebunny

Glad to hear y'all had fun and I can't wait to hear your accounts of your scavenger hunt journeys~ (ahem... That means you, Bugz! :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.