Movies - The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

MangaHelpers

Now Sentient!
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]117[/split]

MangaHelpers

Now Sentient!
Reaction score
The Movie Thread! - Continuation

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]57555[/split]

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The Movie Thread! - Continuation

I don't mind "stupid" movies. All of those in that list are stupid. :XD

danzouismadara

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
pineapple express
Rat race (2001)
Road trip
euro trip
Deuce Bigalow the European Gigolo

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I enjoyed this is the end. It was not nearly as good as shawn of the dead or hot fuzz (funniest in the "trilogy" even if not as iconic as shawn of the dead IMO) but it still had a few good laughs.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I enjoyed this is the end. It was not nearly as good as shawn of the dead or hot fuzz (funniest in the "trilogy" even if not as iconic as shawn of the dead IMO) but it still had a few good laughs.
I think you're talking about The World's End. Different movie.

Schabrak

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I liked both. :P

Seen Snowpierver and didn't realize it was Chris Evans in the main role until the very end. haha The movie it self was good, but that ending was a bit to open for me.

Also The Wolf of Wall Street, I would act like a wolf too, if I had a Margot Robbie besides me through half the movie. Dayum was she hot as hell, can't believe she's just 23!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think you're talking about The World's End. Different movie.
Ahh, you are right lol. I never saw this is the end... Gotta find it.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
You are right though, it was not nearly as good as the first two.

I liked both. :P

Seen Snowpierver and didn't realize it was Chris Evans in the main role until the very end. haha The movie it self was good, but that ending was a bit to open for me.

Also The Wolf of Wall Street, I would act like a wolf too, if I had a Margot Robbie besides me through half the movie. Dayum was she hot as hell, can't believe she's just 23!
Isn´t that why she is so hot?

Wolf of Wall street is a failed movie though in my eyes.

danzouismadara

Reaction score
Country
United States
You are right though, it was not nearly as good as the first two.

Isn´t that why she is so hot?

Wolf of Wall street is a failed movie though in my eyes.
Pretty much. I think wolf of wall street was wayyyy overrated.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I enjoyed wolf of wall street though.

erm, I think I said it already. Because Jonah Hill was surprisingly good. haha.

Oh I really forgot that How To Train Your Dragon 2 was this month! So I'm planning to watch it next week? is that right?

Also, OMG I hope I don't forget about Maleficent either. >.> I'm too busy these days I keep forgetting I need time for myself. T_T

Reactions: Day

Schabrak

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Pretty much. I think wolf of wall street was wayyyy overrated.
It didn't get an oscar, it's at 77%/83% at RT, what makes it look overrated? Was it entertaining? Was the acting good? Yes to both. I don't think anyone tries to make it out to be the best movie of the year.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
It didn't get an oscar, it's at 77%/83% at RT, what makes it look overrated? Was it entertaining? Was the acting good? Yes to both. I don't think anyone tries to make it out to be the best movie of the year.
It has a rating of 8.4 on imdb, same rating as Taxi Driver, Vertigo, Citizen Kane, To Kill a Mockingbird and so on, it was celebrated as Scorsese´s best movie since Raging bull by many people and many critics in fact have called it the best movie of the year. It is obviously not as grave as Madara makes it sound to be but the movie got more praise and exposure than it deserved.

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
"The Winter Soldier" was tight. And the post credits scene got me hype for "Age of Ultron".

3 weeks from now, it's "Sentinel Time".

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wasted money on Amazing Spiderman 2; I guess in fairness it wasn't that bad, just that the previous film I saw was Winter Soldier, which was brilliant. The soundtrack was enjoyable, particularly Electro's theme and the action scenes were better than what I was expecting. The acting was somewhat of a let down and the film itself as a whole just wasn't up to scratch. Marvel Studios movies are definitely in a different league.

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wasted money on Amazing Spiderman 2; I guess in fairness it wasn't that bad, just that the previous film I saw was Winter Soldier, which was brilliant. The soundtrack was enjoyable, particularly Electro's theme and the action scenes were better than what I was expecting. The acting was somewhat of a let down and the film itself as a whole just wasn't up to scratch. Marvel Studios movies are definitely in a different league.
Well, at least there's still "X-Men: Days of Future Past" coming up. I heard a lot of similar reviews about "Amazing Spider-man 2" and particularly how the ending of the film was bullsh*t. I'll still give it the benefit of the doubt and go see it Friday.

p.s., I just hope that we see more of the Sentinels than Wolverine in "Days of Future Past". If not, I'll really be pissed.

danzouismadara

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recommend this movie:
Go (1999)--it's pretty funny.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am not sure why spiderman 2 got that much criticism.... I enjoyed the movie, even more than the first. Much better than the ones with the mcguire guy, I can't stand him. Of course the new spiderman has the benefit of 12 years of improved CGI but still... For me what makes the movies is emma stone, she makes the movie a bit more than just a spiderman movie. I hope they don't go with mary jane in the next movie, she is actually not a very good character. Mary jane is basically a bimbo that wants to be an actress, there is nothing interesting or funny about her. Hopefully they go with the black cat girl, that ought to be interesting.

danzouismadara

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not sure why spiderman 2 got that much criticism.... I enjoyed the movie, even more than the first. Much better than the ones with the mcguire guy, I can't stand him. Of course the new spiderman has the benefit of 12 years of improved CGI but still... For me what makes the movies is emma stone, she makes the movie a bit more than just a spiderman movie. I hope they don't go with mary jane in the next movie, she is actually not a very good character. Mary jane is basically a bimbo that wants to be an actress, there is nothing interesting or funny about her. Hopefully they go with the black cat girl, that ought to be interesting.
Sorry, I can't stand the british dude who plays spiderman, in fact, I prefer and think tobey maguire does a far better job.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Sorry, I can't stand the british dude who plays spiderman, in fact, I prefer and think tobey maguire does a far better job.
Tobey MacGuire is a good actor but him as spiderman is possibly the worst possible casting. At no point, you believe that this one can be a superhero. Spiderman is a little cocky and like to joke with the villains but Tobey MacGuire is a cocky role ? Just horrible casting.