Discussion - The "Music-Association" Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The "Music-Association" Thread

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Like most here, i found out about J/K-music from anime. Or to be more precisely from OP's and ED's. Well, and it was just like this. For example. When i was listenin' back then to "Ranbu no melody" i thought "Bleach". Or "Closer" naturally made me think about "Naruto".

But then, i read more and more manga and suddenly i realized that certain songs, make me think about certain manga's or certain characters, which theorataclly they shouldn't

Like,

Speed of Flow (a gintama song) makes me totally think about Kid (Soul Eater)

That's not all.

9 out of 10 songs from Abingdon boys school make me think about... Air Gear...

(ABS is famous for their D. Grayman songs, for those who don't know)

So... any of you ever felt like a gintama songs fits with a Soul Eater character, or i'm the only one here?

Last edited by a moderator:

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
The song “Colors of the Heart” by Uverworld should remind me of “Blood +”, right? It is the song of the third opening of that series after all. However, whenever I listen to “Colors of the Heart” I’m not reminded of Blood +, instead of that two characters from Bleach immediately come to my mind as soon as I listen to that song. Thanks to this AMV, IchiRuki (Ichigo + Rukia) is the first thing that comes to my mind whenever I listen to “Colors of the Heart”. The association between IchiRuki and “Colors of the Heart” is so strong that I consider that song more of a Bleach one than a Blood + one. :D

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Two Shadows is a song from Clannad, it is the ending song for the last episode of Clannad. It is a beautiful song and as soon as I listen to it, it immediately reminds me of one of my favorite moments from Clannad.

The moment I’m referring to is
Tomoya’s confession. :luv This song made the moment Tomoya confesses his love to Nagisa all the more sweet, romantic and touching. :wtf. I can even remember Nagisa and Tomoya’s words and also the moments between them while listening to this song; that is how strong the connection between this song, the characters (Tomoya and Nagisa) and that moment (Tomoya confessing his feelings for Nagisa) is for me.

Last edited by a moderator: