Predictions - The next to get focus is..? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions The next to get focus is..?

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
The flaws and improvements thread got me thinking after seeing many agree with the notion that MHA has great characters, but little to no characterization from the side cast and even some in the main cast. This is what we know so far: Suneater and the Big 3 (Nejire would be next hopefully after him) are getting great development right now fighting the precepts. To date we have Deku, All Might, Bakugo, Ochako (goals, family-wise not power progression) Tsuyu (omake revealing her family, not too much in-depth with her) Iida, Todoroki, Momo, Tokoyami, Shinsou, Mei, Nighteye, Big 3 to get adequate or above average focus. So who's next to get screentime, the next to get major focus on?

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Horikoshi said Shinsou will have an important role this year. For Class A it's almost impossible to know who will be more relevant next, but for a main Iida has been sidelined.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Only the 3 main characters (Deku, Bakugou, Todoroki) get multiple arcs/big moments to grow. Except for Iida and the stuff with Stain everyone else gets one or two chapters and most of Class A got theirs already, like Mineta vs Midnight, Kaminari during the license exam or Momo's plan to defeat Aizawa.

I'd say the next arc will be about Todoroki again and probably deal with Dabi and Endeavor, after that comes Bakugou again, then Deku and it starts with Todoroki again. Somewhere in between there will be 1 or 2 chapters for the remaining members of Class A, B, Sinshou, other schools, etc.

KOBA

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
To this point, story did follow school staff/villain stuff type of pacing, doubt it will change in the future. Next arc will be about joint training. Shinsou will be involved I'm sure. Next one I don't know... Bakugou and Todoroki are finaly geting their hero licenses, internship with Endeavor, and involvement of Dabi and others VA members. Stain breaking out from prison and going after Iida, there's a lot of possibilities.

Arata

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think the next arc will be about the License Exam training of Todoroki and Bakugou.
The author usually shifts the focus after every arc. As Todoroki and Bakugou are sidelined this arc, they will get the focus in the next arc
Another thing is, Hori said Shinsou will get the focus very soon. But the next semester just started and he has not been moved to class 1A yet. I doubt the second semester will end this year, either. So most likely, Shinsou will also attend the License Exam training to acquire his license and get his screentime that time. The current arc will last few more months I guess, so I don't think Shinsou's focus will be 2 arcs later.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Next arc will be less serious probably, Bakugou and Todoroki are handicapped by the lack of license and I don't think Horikoshi will skip months for this after the current arc.

I can also see an arc of Deku training with Sir, which will lead to his story with All Might since Deku wanted to ask him about his vision. We might see the first battle between All Might and All For One like that.

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Ochako should get more focus soon, once we get Himiko involved in the plot again.

Aside from that I´m expecting the traitor to also get some focus really soon as well, that and AM´s future death scene and of course Tartarus prison (which will make stain and AFO get some new spotlight).

Last edited: