Year Round - The NRL Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Year Round The NRL Thread

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The National Rugby League. Australia's equivalent to the English Super League. You all know the game. It came across me that we fans should have a thread dedicated to the sport. What do you guys think of the Origin? Who's team has the most promising new generation of players?

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Not to confuse people, it's Rugby League (Rugby is usually Rugby Union). And this is the Australian comp, the equivalent of the English Super League.

Best team is the Brisbane Broncos, and the rest suck.

Cowboys, Warriors, Broncs, and Manly have good young talent (that are playing in the NRL), while the sharks and panthers probably have the better talent in the U20's. Having young talent is one thing, keeping them is another. Can easily buy good players in this league...

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Not to confuse people, it's Rugby League (Rugby is usually Rugby Union). And this is the Australian comp, the equivalent of the English Super League.

Best team is the Brisbane Broncos, and the rest suck.

Cowboys, Warriors, Broncs, and Manly have good young talent (that are playing in the NRL), while the sharks and panthers probably have the better talent in the U20's. Having young talent is one thing, keeping them is another. Can easily buy good players in this league...
I noticed you ignored the best team in the League...

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
The Storm won the minor premiership and are favourites to win it at this point. Bunch of cheating scum :P

My Broncos are 3rd on the ladder but I don't have much hope. We just don't have the heart atm. We can win games, but finals? Hoping Wayne can get them going I just can't see it :(

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey we won you the Origin. Be grateful :XD

I'd say the finals will come down to 3 possible teams:

- Storm
- Roosters
- Eels

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Hey we won you the Origin
They are queenslanders before NRL players :heh

Yea I agree on those teams. The eels are in great form but I see them getting overrun in finals when that intensity kicks up. Conversely the sharks are meh right now it's just they have so many experienced/tough players that they can be trouble.

The storm and roosters are most likely atm.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The eels definitely struggled with the extra intensity... although they did great in Melbourne.

The cows deserve a lot of credit for their toughness. They could've won by more too. If they had JT right now they would be easily the favourites.

The broncs have been tough. They should've won last week, and they never looked like losing against the panthers on Friday. One of the best defensive efforts of the year, and this was a problem the week before.

Both QLD will probably lose, though. Broncs have it the toughest. If we get Boyd back and give it a decent shake, we can win. It's just one win from a GF. Same for the cows - and they could defeat the roosters. Great weekend coming up.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
They are queenslanders before NRL players :heh

Yea I agree on those teams. The eels are in great form but I see them getting overrun in finals when that intensity kicks up. Conversely the sharks are meh right now it's just they have so many experienced/tough players that they can be trouble.

The storm and roosters are most likely atm.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The eels definitely struggled with the extra intensity... although they did great in Melbourne.

The cows deserve a lot of credit for their toughness. They could've won by more too. If they had JT right now they would be easily the favourites.

The broncs have been tough. They should've won last week, and they never looked like losing against the panthers on Friday. One of the best defensive efforts of the year, and this was a problem the week before.

Both QLD will probably lose, though. Broncs have it the toughest. If we get Boyd back and give it a decent shake, we can win. It's just one win from a GF. Same for the cows - and they could defeat the roosters. Great weekend coming up.
Agreed. The Broncs are my second favourite team and they / the storm compliment each other well. It was tough to see them lose. Boyd coming back could give them a chance.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
The season started tonight.

The Broncs, my boiz, were rusty and got absolutely hammered. It's only round 1 and we can't play any worse, so I'm reasonably confident we can push for a premiership this season. Really need Milf to become a super-elite player if we're going to be a chance.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
This will be Storm's last season before they have to rework things from the ground up after Slater and Cameron leave. :/ We do have Munster though who is more than worthy of replacing Slater as Full Back.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
A coach has resigned after being de-registered, several players charged with violent crimes, and a sex-tape among other controversies.

Shaping up to be a great NRL season :verily

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It's sure to be... riveting for sure. Keeping a more wary eye on the Storm this year since we've lost a bunch of pretty legendary players. The whole backline almost.

A mate gave me Thurston's Autobiography to read through. Not a bad page turner if I'm honest.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
You can check out roster changes here.

Absolutely gutted with our club lately. Our changes aren't inspiring either. Just want the season to start so I can move on.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Nearly 50k in the house tonight to watch the Maroons towel up those new south wales wankers!!! :worship2