Discussion - The Official Lucy Heartfilia Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Official Lucy Heartfilia Thread

Your favourite Celestial Star Dress

• Aquarius

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Leo

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Sagitarius

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Aries

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Gemini

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Scorpio

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Virgo

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Taurus

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Cancer

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Capricorn

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters

shuha27

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I just wanted to get people's opinion about Lucy. I mean what does she have to do with the whole dragon's disappearing, is her mom linked to it because she died the same year the dragons disappeared or was it all just a coincidence. How do you guys think her role will change in the future chapters?

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Re: Lucy's purpose

That theory has been around for a while. In fact, it'll probably end up like Haru-Elie. Both didn't know until later on that they had a very special (and important) connection between them. Same thing will probably happen with Natsu-Lucy

ca12nag3

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

You guys ever heard bout the Layla-majnun story?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Layla_and_Majnun

basicaly look at the indian version of the story. When Majnun was struck in the heart and died Layla also died. (since childhood the 2 lovers shared a connection as when majnun was hurt she would feel the pain as well)

So i got this wild idea that maybe Layla in this story is linked with 1 of the dragons? So when this dragon died/disapeared she died/disapeared as well.

Im just theorizing on it ^^

Well this still has to be proven ofc to make a 2nd step to what this would mean for Lucy. After all there are some odd things like how she did the unison-raid with Lluvia, the summoning of all her spirits (even if it was for just an instant) Karen died trying to summon only 1 extra. Then the Spirit king himself showed up.

So Lucy is realy important for the story.

Last edited:

elitefox

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

That theory has been around for a while. In fact, it'll probably end up like Haru-Elie. Both didn't know until later on that they had a very special (and important) connection between them. Same thing will probably happen with Natsu-Lucy
Does this mean Natsu will be ending up with Lucy is inevitable?

That will suck big time.

If it becomes rave then Lucy might be the mother that was loss just the memory something/ loss. But what I can see is that Lucy is kinda weak for a person living for maybe 100 years? or she might be on a seal too or something. Lol if this happens, kinda like rave revival so I hope not.

shuha27

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Does this mean Natsu will be ending up with Lucy is inevitable?

That will suck big time.

If it becomes rave then Lucy might be the mother that was loss just the memory something/ loss. But what I can see is that Lucy is kinda weak for a person living for maybe 100 years? or she might be on a seal too or something. Lol if this happens, kinda like rave revival so I hope not.
I agree with you elitefox it would suck big time. I don't think it would end like rave I just don't see Natsu and Lucy together for some reason. I was thinking she has some ability her mom sealed but I doubt it.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Hmm... an ability her mom sealed..... now that's a really good theory. And @elitefox I didn't mean it would end up exactly the same as Rave what I meant was that Lucy has something that Natsu needs in relation to his DS powers same as Rave. I doubt she's a 100 year old hag like Elie was.

Umibouzu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

OR, crazy theories aside, Lucy is just the "new kid" that helps the readers understand the Fairy Tail World. BUT Lucy was born long before 77777, that's just the day Layla died. I DO think Layla as something to do with it, but it could be coincidence. (I have the same birthday as Julius Caesar, but that doesnt mean me or anyone else born July 13th has anything to do with him....)

ca12nag3

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

hmm coincidence if it were real life yes. Not in manga.

Lucy's mom died (lets asume she did) the same date the dragons disapeared. Lucy might be oblivious to it since Natsu nor the other slayers mention the 77777. yet Layla's marker is made clear visable with the date. And Lucy stand back smiling at her friends.
So its a clear attention note there.

Lucy's purpose would possibly be double if not triple quadriple :P

-She the narrator
-Shes the flash bodypart-gag
-Mainhero along with Natsu,Erza+Grey
-(optional her moms death is related with the disapearance of the dragons making her part of the main Natsu quest for Igneel)

Think i covered everything globaly.

So that makes her just as important as Natsu, and above Grey and Erza ofc.

Natsu

-Mainhero
-(mainquest for Igneel/dragons)
-comical gag for his temper + motionsickness

Grey

-Mainhero
-(Ul line finished)
-comical stripper
-first lovestory

Erza

-Mainhero
-emotional bagage
-(3rd line with Gerard/intwined lovestory)

All the storylines revolve around Ultear with exceptance of the current arc and Lucy's storyline (so far)

Ultear daughter of Ul ->conspiritor on the demon island (tests strength with Natsu calling him Salamander-kun)->uses Gerard to destroy council (thats the main motive i asume)-devide and conquer ->shes with the dark guilds. last we see of her so far.

So Lucy is in the middle of all this and will prolly find her nemisis amongst the enemy's they face (not Lluvia lol)

Umibouzu

Reaction score
Country
United States

Then she is only the connection between Natsu and Layla, but she most certainly doesnt have anything to do with them. If anything the entire time she fights is to show that even weak people are skilled. But she certainly isnt involved in the story the way Elie was.

Ravis

Reaction score
Country
United States

Well Lucy's mother supposedly died on 77777, or hiking day as she called it (167). I admit i have doubts as to whether she actually died, i mean if she fell off a cliff and they recovered her body than what would that really have to do with FT plot? I suppose Lucy's purpose is directly linked to what her mothers fate was.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

hmm coincidence if it were real life yes. Not in manga.

Lucy's mom died (lets asume she did) the same date the dragons disapeared. Lucy might be oblivious to it since Natsu nor the other slayers mention the 77777. yet Layla's marker is made clear visable with the date.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v20/c167/4.html

Well, this is strange... I wonder why she doesn't seem to make an interesting comment about it.....

Well Lucy's mother supposedly died on 77777, or hiking day as she called it (167). I admit i have doubts as to whether she actually died, i mean if she fell off a cliff and they recovered her body than what would that really have to do with FT plot? I suppose Lucy's purpose is directly linked to what her mothers fate was.
Yeah, something is really off here.... Lucy doesn't seem to show any "strange" expression when Wendy told her about the date of the disappearance...

Last edited:

ca12nag3

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Well it might be that she didnt pay attention to it yet? She sometimes acts like a total airhead. Like when she made the holetrap (team-rocket styl) in the demon village.

So perhaps its saved for later.

Also for her the death of her mom is traumatic and she might not link it to the dragons at all. (perhaps later)

Umibouzu

Reaction score
Country
United States

Or she came to terms with her mothers death and didnt read too into it. Lucy certainly doesnt have any "Elie-type" connection to Dragons, or Natsu.

hongoasdf

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile

I'm more inclined to believe the "total airhead" approach. She didnt even remember Mystogan made her take the Exballs before sending her to Edoras. But the "Came to terms with mothers death" and "Too traumatic to make a connection" approaches do hold some value, too. Maybe it is a combination of two or more reasons?

Regardless, you do make an interesting point on why she didn't react when Wendy mentioned that date. And before that, apparently Natsu mentioned that Gazille's Dragon had disappeared the same day, and she didn't even remember.

Or, y'know, the most probable option, Mashima hasn't decided what the hell to do yet. But for the Dragon's plot that doesn't seem to be the case (Or at least, not as much as for other stories). He seems to have a general idea of what he's doing there. Not that it means he's got the details figured out, but still.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Laiyla does not necessarily have an huge part in the manga, she could have been a sort of bystander who got caught up in something.

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2

Well I am going to look at this from the perspective of appeal. Lucy is appealing to the eye. Her main purpose is to lose as much clothing as possible in each arc to keep the male audience satisfied.

I am serious about this, please don't delete. :P

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Well, there is a gag about lucy losing her cloths at least once an arc but limiting her function to that is a gross exageration. She has always played her part in missions and can be a versatile combatant due to the varied powers of her spirits. It could not plausible be more obvious she is somewhat related to the dragons and the grand scheme of things considering her mother's death date.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

New theory about Lucy!!: Lucy's memories about her mother's death was sealed by someone. This explains why Lucy didn't react at all when Wendy told her of the date the dragons disappeared. Layla must have been working with someone to keep Lucy away from the truth. What truth, I dunno. But we'll likely get it in the future. I'm also sure her dad also knows about it but promised Layla to keep it a secret as well.

BTW, this theory is not mine. Credits go to Moonlight Through the Water of FF.net

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

When did wendy tell lucy about the date the dragons disappeared?