Discussion - The Origin of Titans: Did you like it? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Origin of Titans: Did you like it?

Title

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Yes, but I saw a theory that was better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Pretty much the title.

The origin of Titans was always a discussion post for the readers and watcher of AoT, even more when our protag started turning into one, others were also turning, and we heard about the "warriors" from Reiner...

Now we know pretty much everything about it (sure there could still be some mythical element in the origin of Ymir, but the story could very well proceed withouht it), what are you guys opinions about it?

Junkrat

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
We still don't know how titan serums are made, who made them, how you can put armor in serums, etc... It hasn't been explained

TheOwl

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Albania
It was kind of obvious from the beginning that Titans were originally human. Their origin completely debunked the time-travel theories that occupied every second thread in here way back in the day. Reading and specualating about them was extremely fun, but it still gave me a bad taste in my mouth since I thought "Ok, so humans need to literally break physics with 18th century technology in order to defeat naked giants who are literally less intelligent than our house pets. Nice.". All in all, the reveal was a pleasant un-surprise.

COBALT

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
We still don't know how titan serums are made, who made them, how you can put armor in serums, etc... It hasn't been explained
Well, It has been explained now.
A titan serum is the spinal fluid of a titan. That's about it. If you extract the spinal fluid of any titan/titan shifter, and inject it into an Eldian, that Eldian becomes a mindless titan.
Now if the spinal fluid of a titan that can harden is injected into an Eldian human or another titan that cannot harden, the human becomes a Titan that can harden it's body, or the Titan gains the hardening ability respectively.

oxtopus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The story of the titans origin was good,i'd give it an A- .