Original Work - The Party by Luna Amore (Destiny) and Flightless_Soul | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Original Work The Party by Luna Amore (Destiny) and Flightless_Soul

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Party

Celeste had received an invitation to come to the party. She had found the invitation inside her mailbox in the morning. The young girl had been hesitant about attending the gathering that evening. However, her co-worker Patricia had reminded her that it was time to move on with her life after her last boyfriend had broken her heart one year ago. This party seemed like the perfect opportunity to start going out again and begin meeting other people.

Wearing one of her favorite outfits and without much expectation, Celeste stepped into the big hall.

Just as Celeste entered the room, a Chinese woman strolled into the grand ballroom as well. With nary a sound, cold, obsidian eyes glancing to and fro, as though intently following each and every guest of the party, the new guest made her appearance at the gathering. Her expression, it could only be described as intense, like she was here for a reason other than mingling and sipping crystal.

It was impossible not to notice the guest that had just entered the room. She looked and acted so different from Celeste. The Chinese woman had an aura of confidence and power surrounding her that Celeste could not help but carefully observe the woman as she walked into the room.

Alas, it seemed her attempt to dissuade any suspicions had been folly. She could not shake the eyes following her about the room, and so she turned slowly to meet them. The young woman must have been curious why she was here. Perhaps it was the long, black dress Mei adorned, with a slit down the side, attire that showed she was the dominant one, the fearsome one. Her almond eyes cut sharply at the girl, as if to say the woman was none of her concern and that if she knew better, she would simply ignore Mei's presence.

As soon as Mei's eyes met Celeste's, the long-haired girl felt a strong heat growing in her cheeks. Lowering her gaze, Celeste observed the beautiful black dress that shaped the short-haired woman. Her cheeks turning redder, Celeste felt a mixture of embarrassment, shyness, jealousy, and admiration towards Mei. Being the timid girl that she was, Celeste knew she could never wear a dress like that.

She moved her eyes towards herself and observed her dress carefully. She thought the gown she was wearing that night was very elegant and it fit her body very well. Before heading out of her house, she had made sure that the dress would not show more than necessary. The dress was long so her shapely long legs were not showing, her arms were mostly covered and there was no cleavage showing at all. The floral print on the bottom part of her dress showed the feminine and romantic side of Celeste.

The girl's attentive gaze turned from her, yet Mei couldn't help but notice the slight blush upon her fair cheeks. An adorable one she was, but Mei had more pressing matters than wooing an evening delight. Suddenly, she felt the telltale rattle of her phone in the small designer purse she carried, carefully reaching in and pulling it out....to read the text he sent her.

I am at the party. Where are you?

Mei looked around hesitantly before texting back.

I'm here. Where are you sitting?

She waited a few moments, the firm resolve seeming to drain slowly from her face. Then, he answered back.

In the far corner by the window. Come alone.

A sharp gulp of air, Mei slipped her phone back in her purse and carried on.

Lifting her gaze in the most concealing way, Celeste observed as Mei read something on her phone. "Of course...of course, a woman like that could not have come alone to a party", thought the fair girl to herself as she sighed.

Closing her eyes, Celeste continued in her head. "Must be her friend...or boyfriend...or even girlfriend!!!" Her cheeks returned to a fiery color again. "Silly Celeste, only you could have thought it was okay to have come alone to a party like this".

As she internally reprimanded herself for letting her coworker convince her to come to the party alone, Celeste observed as Mei walked towards the far corner by the window.

The dapper dressed fellow sat at an elegantly adorned table by the far bay widndow, quietly and nonchalantly nursing a bottle of imported red wine by himself. He had just taken a sip from the crystal glass in his hand, an odd gold ring on his finger emblazzoned with occultic sigils, when the tall and slender Chinese woman sat before him, most unhappy to make his presence.

"God dammit, Nero, what is it? You know I hate being disturbed this late!" Mei snapped at him in a frantic yet hushed tone of voice.

Nero took another sip before answering in a graven whisper, his crystaline eyes showing a deep pang of concern, "There's been another attack.
Judah was ambushed outside Sanguine, you know, the club on Fifth and Stoker."

"Yes, I know." Said Mei. "Tell me what happened! Where's Judah?"

"He's dead." Bluntly Nero returned. Mei felt her face grow cold, colder than it had been. "They burned him alive. Holy water, we think. We don't know if it was the hunters or those fucking Malkavians. By Lucifer, Mei, you should have seen him. The flesh was melting off his bones. I finally had to put him out of his misery."

"Just spare me the gory details." Mei uttered. "Tell the coven we're under curfew. No more going out after dark, until we find out who's responsible for these attacks. Nero...I fear that war is afoot."

Following Mei with her gaze, Celeste observed how the Chinese woman sat down at what Celeste thought must have been the VIP section of the hall.

She moved her head a little bit to the right trying to take a look at the man sitting in front of the short-haired woman. Once she was able to take a good look at the man, Celeste could not help but be mesmerized by Nero. He was so tall, so elegant, so good-looking, so mysterious. Maybe it was the fact that the pale-looking man aspect was so different from her last boyfriend's. Jonas was a tanned blonde man. Celeste would never call his way of dressing elegant, he was more a carefree guy. His usual hairstyle was to tie his long blonde hair in a bun or ponytail. Although Celeste always thought he looked his best with his hair down. He would wear a t-shirt or a hoodie and a pair of blue jeans. Yes, that was Jonas....so so very different from the man she was looking at right now.

War was afoot...

That is definitely what Mei thought the moment Nero told her another of their kin had been murdered in cold blood, the fourth one this month. Something was in the air, and it smelled awful grim to her. The Malkavians, were they responsible? Their feud had hit a momentary ceasefire not too long ago, a cold war of sorts between the covens, but now perhaps something (or someone) had sparked the flames once more, and blood was pouring in the city streets.

Despite all this plaguing her thoughts, Mei remained content and composed, eventhough she was chomping at the bit inside to kill the bastard who torched Judah.

Nero was about to pour himself another glass. By his slight shivering, Mei could tell he wasn't sauced enough to erase the horrid image of Judah's smoldering corpse. Suddenly, he paused so abrupt and set the bottle down on the table with an audible thud. "Shit!"

Mei crinkled her brow at him. "What? What is it?"

"There's a spy! See her?" Frantic he whispered. Mei glanced over her shoulder.

Dammit...it was her!

"Those fucking Malkavians sent her I bet!" Slowly, Nero reached into his coat. Mei heard a click. "What the fuck are you doing?!" She hissed kicking him under the table. "You want to cause a scene, you paranoid idiot! Put that away! I'll get rid of her."

Reluctant, he relinquished his grip on the 9mm in his coat with a solemn nod. Mei then stood...and approached the eavesdropper.

Astonished, Celeste observed as Mei walked towards her. Yes, they must have noticed her watching them from afar. She immediately turned away her gaze from Mei and the man. She hadn't meant to introduce in their romantic date. It is just, she hadn't gone out in a while and...as the Chinese woman came closer and closer towards her she began forming a heartfelt apology in her head.

How much did she hear of their conversation? Why was she following her? Was she just merely a party guest...or something else? Was Nero right to be so paranoid? These were questions buzzing about Mei's head like an angry swarm of locusts as she approached the young woman, putting on more of a debonair smile than her previous cold gaze. Surely she hadn't been tailed by anyone to the party, and she made certain of that given Nero's ever growing apprehension, but still, that niggling thought in the back of her mind, What if...?

"Oh, why hello there." She said to the woman with a charming air. "Seems wherever I go, I always bump into you. Are you having a good time?" Mei smiled, but just enough that she didn't...well...blow her cover. "What's your name, hmm?"

Without paying much attention to Mei's words, she immediately bowed before the Chinese woman as soon as Mei stopped speaking.

"I am so sorry. I did not mean to intrude in your date with your boyfriend." Her words filled with deep sincerity. "I know you must have been enjoying a romantic dinner and here I went and spoiled it for you. I truly apologize for it." Not daring to look at Mei, she remained in a bowing position in hopes of hearing Mei accepting her apology.

"Boyfriend?" Mei rose an eyebrow, a brief silence before she let out a soft giggle. "Oh you mean Nero? He's an old college friend of mine. We're just catching up on old times, you know. He's sweet, but...well..." She leaned in a little closer to the woman. "Between you and me, I'm not much interested in him...or any men for that matter, if you catch my drift sweetie." Her lips curled into a smirk, her voice a tad soft, perhaps sensual even. "Which reminds me, we haven't properly introduced ourselves. I'm Mei. What's your name?"

As soon as Mei started to speak, Celeste began to slowly straighten up her body. "Ahh...so he is not her boyfriend...", the long-haired girl thought to herself. She had not realized it but there was a feeling of relief accompanying that thought. Maybe, just maybe, Nero was single. But then again, men like him were never single.

Feeling Mei's body leaning closer towards her, Celeste's cheeks blushed in an instant. "Maybe she is married...and that is why she is not interested in men...yes, that must be it!", concluded the green-eyed girl to herself. A bit insecure and shy, Celeste said "I am Celeste."

"Celeste, is it?" Mei purred rather amused by Celeste's naive innocence. Girls like this were so easy to her, which is why it was best to work her charms and not let Nero make a fool of himself. "My, what a lovely name. It suits you." She smiled, gazing into the girl's emerald eyes with a rapturous look. "And such lovely green eyes you have."

The green-eyed girl could feel as if a strong heat was envolving her body and soul. Playing timidly with her hands, she lowered her gaze. A soft "Thank you", escaped her mouth. Mei's compliments had made her feel better about herself.

Since breaking up with Jonas, the young woman had been dealing with poor confidence and self-esteem issues, so the Chinese woman's words felt like drops of water for Celeste's thirsty heart. Mei's gaze was so intense and seductive that the long-haired girl could have sworn those eyes were piercing into her very soul, reading her very feelings and thoughts.

Before the conversation could continue, they were interrupted by a waiter offering free champagne to the guests.

Over the waiter's shoulder, Mei could see Nero's bothered expression as he practically threw back a glass of wine like a shot of hard bourbon. He was getting ancy, perhaps trigger happy as well, so Mei has to speed it up before the fool blew it. His eyes met hers; she could see his lips quietly mouthing 'Hurry up!'

While Mei politely refused the glass of champagne, Celeste opened her beige evening bag and looked for her cell phone.

"Wow...Miss Mei sure knows how to attract guys...she is so confident, so beautiful, so sensual and attractive, no wonder her college friend invited her to a date tonight. He did not even care she is married!!", the naive girl thought to herself.

Once the waiter had decided to leave them be, Mei returned her attention to the ravishing young woman at her side, noticing that while trying to brush off the waiter while not arousing any suspicions, she had become rather...parched. Now while trying to seduce Celeste away from the party...and from Nero, she had to stave her ever growing thirst, a thirst wine nor water could satiate.

"My dear, it's such a beautiful night outside. Why don't we go to the balcony. There's a lovely view of the night sky from there, plus we can get to know each other...better...without any interruptions."

Yes, the balcony. Hopefully no one would interrupt there.

Just when the green-eyed girl had found her cell phone, she heard a familiar voice again. Lifting up her gaze to meet Mei's eyes and with her hand still inside the evening bag, Celeste replied with a shy and nervous tone. "Go to the balcony?"

She didn't know how to answer to that invitation. On the one hand, being near too such fascinating woman made Celeste feel apprehensive and insecure. But on the other hand, in front of her was a woman who was the complete opposite of what Celeste was. Before dumping her, Jonas had told Celeste that he had expected for the naive girl to become stronger, more confident, seductive and sensual but that she had never had and that she never would and that he needed another kind of woman by his side, not a girl, but a woman.

The painful memories gave Celeste enough courage to answer. "Yes, I would like that. Let's go," said the girl abruptly. It wasn't until the words flew out of the long-haired girl's mouth that she realized what she had said, but it was too late to take her words back. Taking her hand out of her bag and closing it, Celeste got ready to face what would undoubtedly be a very interesting night.

Perfect...

Her charm was working on the naive beauty. Now all Mei had to do was lead her away onto the balcony, away from the prying eyes of too many strange guests to this most austere of parties. She took Celeste delicately by the hand and led her away, out from the stuffiness off the grand ballroom and into the cool and clear autumn night.

The moon glistened across the emerald lawn and danced across the sheen surface of the courtyard's reflecting pool. Stars, nearly hundreds of them, like precious diamonds, shimmered against the endless sea of black velvet that was the night, and yes, a most beautiful night it was.

Alas...it was nights like these Mei...was the thirstiest.

"Come here, my darling." Her voice, it dripped with a sensual heat, a proverbial snare that meant to grasp Celeste in a bond unbreakable. She pulled her closer, closer to her, till their bodies were as close as they would allow.

"You are just simply...delectable." Hungrily Mei whispered. The urge, she couldn't control it. Not anymore. "Oh...how I shall have you tonight, my beloved, all to myself." Her eyes, they flashed a fierce crimson. She lowered her lips onto the woman's neck, but then....

"MEI!"

Nero's cry brought her crashing down from her adrenaline high. Dammit! So close! So fucking close! This had better be good she thought.

"Mei! Anton just texted me! We're in big trouble! We have to go, now!"

"Nero, calm yourself!" Mei quickly replied, reluctantly relinquishing Celeste from her grasp. "What the fuck is going on?!"

Nero's look, it was one of dread, "Anton said he saw a group of hunters heading toward the manor! Someone must've tipped them off! We have to go, dammit!"

He grabbed Mei's arm, trying to pull her away, but Mei wrenched away, her eyes glowing red with anger. "Just one moment!" She growled. "Who could have tipped them off? Unless..." Slowly, her fearsome gaze turned to Celeste. She remembered now. The woman was looking through her purse for something, a phone!

"You..." Her teeth grit, a sharp pair of fangs exposed, she glared down upon the spy. "You fucking BITCH!"

But no sooner did the words leave her mouth....

All hell broke loose.

*BOOM!* The explosions rocked the grand ballroom, sending the party into a fleeing panic. Single file, they emerged through the dust and smoke, entire squads of men dressed in all black tactical gear, wielding all manner of assault rifles and submachine guns as they moved in tight military formation through the terrified guests, shouting,

"MOVE IN! MOVE IN! LOCATE THE TARGETS AND ELIMINATE THEM! GO! GO! GO!

The hunters were here.

As soon as Celeste felt Mei's gently touch grasping her hand, the naive girl felt herself immersing into some kind of hypnotic trance. The Chinese woman's hand was cold but Celeste barely registered that, since her own hand was as hot as a fiery coal. Without any resistance, she let Mei lead the way.

Stepping into the balcony, the long-haired woman lifted up her gaze and looked at the starry night. There she was next to a complete stranger, yet she had never felt more at ease. Calmly observing the beautiful ebony sky, Celeste did not even realize Mei's real intentions...

Captured by the enigmatic woman's voice, the green-eyed girl was an easy prey in the hands of a beautiful hunter. Mei's words made Celeste feel aroused. Almost instinctively, she exposed the smooth skin of her neck to her seducer. She bit her lower lip as if preparing herself for a new experience. However, that enjoyable sensation was interrupted by Nero's voice.

Slowly returning from her trance, Celeste calmly observed as Nero discussed with Mei. It was not until she heard Met insulting her that the fair girl completely came back to reality. Blood began rushing through her body after looking at the short-haired woman's sharp pair of fangs.

"What is this?! What is happening?", Celeste asked herself with desperation. The poor girl had no time to process all the events occurring around her. The sound of the explosions in the hall awoken the fleeing instinct inside of her. She looked straight into Mei's eyes. "Save me...", she said to her hunter in an extremely low voice. Her tone was not a begging one, rather a heartfelt request. Hoping Mei had been able to read the words on her lips, Celeste waited in silence.

"Shit!" Time was up. The hunters were flooding the ballroom as though a vicious army of ants, ants armed with enough firepower to waste the undead. Mei could see them through the window hurrying up the stairs. Hopefully, they hadn't spotted her or Nero yet.

"Nero, give me a gun!"

Nero pulled a spare Beretta from his jacket, tossing it over to Mei. Mei caught it, cycling the mag and cocking the slide. She then turned to the girl beside her, a stern look in her cold, black eyes. "You, you're coming with me! Nero, keep 'em busy!"

"You got it!" Nero quickly nodded loading his weapon. "See you back at the hideout! Now go!"

And with that, Mei seized Celeste firmly by the arm and made her run.

Waiting for Mei's reply had been excruciating. It had only been a couple of minutes, but for Celeste, it had been an eternity.

She did not care about the future in that moment, the only thing that mattered to the green-eyed girl was the present. Her present which meant saving her life, she will worry about the future later.

Letting a deep sigh of relief, Celeste followed Mei with great haste.

Last edited:

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mei hurried off the balcony dragging Celeste behind her, never once stopping to look back, for why when she knew behind her...was certain doom. She kept running, Nero's gun clutched in her hand, down a stairwell onto the front lawn and across the wet pavement to a cherry red, high-performance vehicle. Undoubtedly hers.

"Get in!" She ordered Celeste. As soon as the girl jumped in, Mei slammed her foot down on the gas, and the car tore across the lawn and out onto the main road. They kept speeding away, faster and farther, until the mansion...and the hunters... were out of sight and mind.

Mei looked back in her rearview mirror to make sure they weren't being tailed. The hunters, now that they had her scent, there was no way they were giving up easy.

It was so difficult to keep up the pace with Mei, for a moment there Celeste felt as they were flying instead of running. Just when she was about to catch her breath, she saw a spectacular automobile in front of her. Blinking twice to make sure the car was indeed real, the young woman said in admiration, "A red Ferrari...wow...you must be rich..."

With her eyes still wide-open, she followed her savior's order. Once inside the car, she opened her eyes even wider. The car was as beautiful inside as it was outside. The leather seats, the modern dashboard, the high-tech instruments. "Who are you?", the green-eyed girl asked herself. Her gaze fixed on Mei.

However, Celeste could not appreciate the awesomeness of the car for too long. In a matter of seconds, the long-haired girl was holding tight for dear life to the ceiling grab handle.

Putting her seatbelt on was a great hurdle at the speed Mei was driving. "God no! I escaped from a deadly situation just to jump into a deadlier one!"

After a lot of struggle, Celeste finally managed to secure her body to the seat. Closing her eyes, she said a little prayer in her head. "Dear God, please let me arrive alive and in one piece to whatever place this person is taking me."

It was over...for now.

Despite being as far away from the chaos as possible, Mei continued to push the raw power of her Ferarri down the highway, but finally, she could relax. With a weary sigh, she reached over to the dial on the car's CD player. Perchance some music would help her cool down.

So much had happened, and all of it happened in such a short span of time. Four of her coven, four of her dearest friends, mercilessly slain, and now the UNHC was on her tail. As if this couldn't get any more fucked up than it had been. To make matters worse, she ended up getting a human involved in this debacle.

With one hand on the steering wheel, she looked out of the corner of her eye to her passenger. Celeste, Mei had to wonder now what was running through the mortal's mind. Was she still in awe of the Ferarri? Or was she just terrified out of her mind? Part of the reason Mei put on some music simply...was to get rid of the annoying silence.

"You must have a lot of questions, correct? I would figure." Mei whispered. "I'll answer them. For starters, yes, I am a vampire, and so is Nero. I lead a coven called the Erzebets, and for years, we've been at war with another coven for control of the city, the Malkavians. It's been a long stand-down between us, but ever since these murders....I feel like we'll be tearing each other apart...real soon. Anyways, I'm taking you to my home. You can rest there, but tomorrow, I'm taking you back to wherever it is you live. You will forget about everything you have witnessed this night, including...what I am. Do you understand?"

"TARGET RIGHT! OPEN FIRE!"

Nero dove behind a pillar right as the squad of hunters drew down on him and unloaded a brutal barrage of bullets. He popped back up returning fire, then back down again as the hunters fired back. That's when he noticed the odd glow of the bullet holes a few feet from him.

"Fuck! UV rounds!
Of course!" He muttered to himself, preparing to fire back on the hunters when he heard something roll across the floor....

....and land beside his foot.

Nero kicked the grenade and a few minutes after a big explosion was heard. "Thank you for making my work easy!". A smirk appared on his face.

It was over...

Thank fuck, Nero thought as the smoke cleared and the dust and flames settled. Bodies littered the scene of combat and carnage, blood and sinew strewn about what was once an elegant and lovely ballroom...now the grim facade of unholy warfare.

Nero collapsed in a chair, one of them that at least survived the bloody fray, with a sigh and fished from his jacket a crumpled cigarillo, lighting it, then taking a drag.

"Well...this sure was a lovely party."

Holstering his gun, he got up out of his chair and whipped out his phone to call Mei. While waiting for Mei to pick up, Nero paced the floor. The phone rang for a few minutes. Nothing. Nero was getting impatient.

"C'mon Mei, pick up!"

Mei glanced down at her phone buzzing in the cubby hole. She picked it up, already aware of who was calling.

"Nero."

"The one and only." Nero answered with a dry chuckle.

Mei smirked, "Okay smartass. How is everything? Are you alright?"

"I'm a little dinged up...but okay. You at the hideout?"

"Not yet, but I'm getting there. Has Anton contacted you any?"

"No, but I figured he'd call you first."

"Shit..." Mei sighed irritably. "Well look, I'll get a hold of him and the rest. You just get back to the hideout in one piece, okay? Got it?" She sounded genuinely concerned, and why not? Nero, the coven, they were more to her than just loyal subjects.

"Yeah, sure thing boss. And Mei?"

"Yeah?"

"You watch yourself out there. There's some bad shit going down, and I think it has to do with more than just the Malkavians."

Mei was quiet for a moment, her brow wrinkled with a grim feeling of anxiety. Softly she answered, a tad choked up, "Y-yeah...you might be right. I'll see you back at the hideout. Be safe."

She hung up the phone and kept driving.

Celeste closed her eyes during the majority of the trip to wherever was that Mei was taking her. Mei was an excellent driver no doubt about it, however, the young girl would have preferred for her savior to show her car racing abilities without her in the front seat. The green-eyed girl would open one of her eyes a little every now and then, peeking both out of curiosity and to make sure she was still alive.

Suddenly the long-haired girl began to listen to some music. Maybe Mei had noticed how terrified and nervous she was and wanted her to feel more at ease. Whatever the reason, the music was working since it was the first time Celeste could relax a bit since escaping from the ballroom.

After hearing Mei's voice, Celeste opened both of her eyes and turned her head towards the driver seat. She listened with utmost attention to the Chinese's woman voice. "Vampires! They are vampires!", she shouted inside her mind. "A vampire war?! And she is the leader of one of the groups!"

Returning her gaze to the road in front of her, Celeste could not help but be in an absolute state of shock. She had gone to the party in hopes of forgetting about her ex-boyfriend and move on with her life, meet some people and maybe have a nice time, but instead of that, she was sitting next to a vampire, and not just any vampire but next to some sort of vampire queen.

"So, she is taking me to her house..." Celeste had mixed emotions.

She was extremely grateful to Mei for saving her life but at the same time, she was petrified at the thought that her savior would have her for a late-night dessert.

She was scared her to death but at the same time, it had been a long time since she felt that alive. In fact, she had never felt more alive.

"Well...I guess I will return back to my normal life... tomorrow." There was a feeling of relief but nostalgia as well...yes her old life was very safe but also so boring and lonely...

The truth was that part of the reason that she had allowed her coworker to "convince" her to go to the party was that she was tired of returning to an empty apartment every night after work. She was tired of feeling so lonely.

The buzzing of Mei's cell phone interrupted Celeste's train of thought. It was Nero. Still looking at the road in front of her, she tried to understand "the queen and knight's" conversation from the few word Mei said in reply.

"So...he is alive..." An unvoluntary soft smile formed on the young girl's lips. "We are close to her house...I wonder what her house would be like...I mean...she drives a Ferrari...so I would not be surprised if she were to live in a big castle..."

A new name appeared. "Anton... he must be another one of their group...and the rest?!!! How many are there!!!" Still a bit in a daze, Celeste tried to process all the things that happened up until that point.

The Ferarri veered off down a dirt path, cutting deep into the black pine forest. The car soon came to a screeching halt throwing dirt and gravel everywhere. "Well, here we are." Mei uttered unfastening her seatbelt and getting out. "Home, sweet home..."​

There was nothing to the place at all. In fact, it just looked like, or rather was, some old, rundown cabin, like a movie set for a cheap 80s slasher flick. You were practically expecting a hulking behemoth in a creepy mask to be stalking around, but the only two out here were Mei....and her unfortunate human guest. Or so it seemed as another vehicle pulled up.

With its headlights glowing in the thin mist of the woods, the black Impala crept up to the cabin. The doors open and two figures emerged, one a male, the other, female.

"Anton! Petra!" Happily Mei ran up to them, giving both a warm hug.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Nero shoved his phone back into the pocket of his coat, next to his holstered Beretta of all things, chewing on the end of his cigarillo, trying his damndest at this point not to blow a fuse...as hard as that was at this point.

He had to get back to his coven as soon as possible and made sure they were okay. Taking a deep breath to calm himself down, he stormed off to the exit of the house. Out the door, he went, across the driveway to his car.

He got in and slammed the door, falling back into his seat with a sigh...of relief, then he called Mei.

"Yo Mei, I'm on my way."

Thanking God for arriving alive and in one piece, Celeste unfastened her seatbelt. She got out of the car and looked at the place in front of her.

"This is it?!!", she asked herself completely flabbergasted. The hut facing the green-eyed girl was not exactly what she had expected. "I guess she is the kind that she cares more about what she drives than where she lives..."

The young girl was not rich by any means, but it was true that her small apartment looked better than the rundown cabin. "On the bright side, I am alive and it will be only for one night..." Celeste consoled herself as she walked in direction of her savior's home.

No soon had the long-haired woman started walking, when she heard the sound of tires on the dirt and gravel. Turning her body slowly, Celeste's eyes fixated on the two people in front of her. "The more, the merrier...", the green-eyed girl said to herself laughing nervously. She tried to calm down her nerves as much as possible at the realization of the fact that there were now three vampires surrounding her.

"Mei!" Anton wrapped his arms around the woman. Happy indeed was he to see his boss and friend very much alive. The girl Petra hugged her as well, and it became evident how short and how much younger she was compared to the Chinese Woman. "We thought you were dead!"

"Guys, please!" Mei laughed. "It will take a hell of alot more than hunters to bring me down! I'm glad to see you two are safe. I just....wish I could say the same for Judah..." Her smile slowly contorted into a mournful grimace. "And the other three... Which reminds me, did you call Marcus?"

"Yeah, he should be on his way." Anton answered. "But I gotta ask, boss, what's with the human? Is she an h'ors durve?" He looked over his shades at Celeste, a hungry look in his glistening amber eyes.

Mei replied sternly, placing an arm in front of Celeste, "She is our guest, Anton, so don't even think of nibbling on her!"

"Our guest?" Said Petra. "Well if you say so, boss, but why is she here?"

"Look..." Mei sighed. "It's a long story. I'll explain everything once we get inside...of course..." She grumbled ducking her head. "I forgot Nero had the fucking key."

None too soon did the words leave her mouth however did their savior arrive. Nero must've been driving like a bat out of Hell to get here, seeing how his GT skidded into the dirt coming to a halt.

"Well, well. Looks like the gang's all here!" Nero got out of his car and walked up to them. Even in the dark, Mei could see the rips and tears in his fine black suit. Poor bastard, he was trying to get out of Hell it seemed.

"Sorry I'm late, but I had to excuse myself from Alice in Fucking Wonderland. Where's Marky?

"On his way." Mei curtly returned. "We're waiting on you to open the door, in case you haven't noticed."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm on it." He grabbed the house key out of his pocket, but before he opened the door, Nero noticed their little guest for the evening, the bitch he suspected of spying on him. He looked at Celeste then back to Mei. "Are you fuckin' kidding me?"

"Look, just open the damn door already!" Mei huffed.

Nero nodded, albeit reluctantly, and opened the door, gesturing to Mei. "After you."

Looking with a gaze filled with warmness, Celeste observed the trio of friends hugging each other. From what little she had read about vampires in fantasy books, she had always imagined them as cold creatures; however, in front of her very eyes, she was witnessing an extremely affectionate moment.

"They look like a family." A soft smile formed on her rosy lips. In her mind, the fair girl imagined family roles for each one of the friends. Mei was the big oldest tough sister, Anton was the rebellious brother and Petra was the baby sister.

Upon until that moment, Celeste had only seen Mei's cold, stern and bossy side, so it was a welcome opportunity to get to see her kind side as well.

A name was mentioned. "Judah?" Judging from the queen's expression, the young girl wondered what had happened to the man. She opened her eyes in shock when hearing about more vampires joining the clan.

"More...there are more?!!!" It was not too long before she learned one of the names of the other three vampires. "Marcus..." SHe paused for a moment as she did some calculations in her head. "So there are seven vampires in this coven..." She had met four of them and heard the name of another one. So far there were two girls and three boys. She wondered what gender were the other two.

Being an only child, Celeste had never experienced that special bond that siblings had. She did not want to admit it but she was a bit jealous of the tight and loving bond that she could easily see these "sibling" had.

An audible gulp was immediately heard after Anton asked Mei if Celeste was a late night appetizer. However, to the young girl's surprise and relief her savior had protected her once again. Turning her gaze to Mei, the green-eyed girl could not hide the expression of gratitude on her face.

Hearing Nero's name and shortly after seeing him in person lightened up Celeste's face like the moon lighting up the darkest of nights. Throughout her life, the naive girl had dated guys that looked very different from the black-haired man but there was something about him that fascinated the young girl.

The swift glance that Nero gave the brown-haired girl was enough to make her blush. She looked at the floor, trying to hide the happiness she felt at seeing that Nero had returned to his home safe and unharmed.

She waited for everyone to enter into their home, before stepping into the hut. She opened her eyes widely, an expression of great surprise on her visage. The inside of the cabin was completely different from the outside. An elegant and sophisticated place was the one she was walking into.

Turning around slowly so she could properly observe Mei's "humble" abode, the green-eyed girl thought to herself, "Do not judge a book by its cover Celeste, do not judge it".

The outside, a crappy, shabby hillbilly shack in the middle of the woods, but the inside...it was so much more. Years ago, Mei had discovered this mysterious but wonderful place, she and Nero. For some reason, the cabin was an anomaly in their world, a portal that led to their swanky abode.

A smooth and somber jazz melody played over the antique jukebox in the corner as Mei, her coven, and Celeste stepped into an environment like a 1930s speakeasy, complete with a bar, crushed red velvet and polished black marble. There was even rooms upstairs where the coven made their home during the day, and each you could tell who it belonged to.

Mei sauntered up to the bar and sat down, resting her head on the cool marble with a weary sigh. A long night it had been, and not just for her.

"Go ahead. Make yourself at home." Was about the only solitary response she could give to Celeste, the first human to ever step foot into their cozy abode. "I'm gonna rest here for a bit before we get started. Anton, fix me a Red Russian, would you sweetie." (A Red Russian being blood mixed with Vodka on ice)

"Damn, boss! Tossing 'em back already?" Anton laughed hopping behind the bar. "Alright! One Red Russian on the rocks!"

While he fixed her drink, Mei turned to Celeste. The woman's look was sincere, sympathetic one might say, odd for a vampire to show such. "Hey Celeste." She spoke, her voice quiet and heavy with exhaustion.

"About...tonight. I want to apologize for dragging you into this. Had things not gone sour, perhaps we could have met on better terms...more...friendly terms. I will admit, I do find you quite attractive, but that's beside the point. I don't know what's going on, but I plan to get to the bottom of this. Anyways, you're welcome to stay here for the night. I'll make sure my brothers and sisters behave, and tomorrow, I'll have Nero take you back home. I...didn't plan on having a human mixed up in our affairs."

Maybe it was that the adrenaline in her body that was coming down, but the young girl was beginning to feel very out of place. Mei's words made her feel a bit more comfortable. Giving her host a soft smile in return, Celeste wondered if other humans had been there before. She walked slowly towards one of the chairs in the room and sat on it.

Upon hearing her name, the green-eyed girl lifted up her gaze and looked into the Chinese woman's eyes.

"Why is she apologizing?!"

Mei had saved her and protected her throughout the whole night, instead of having her for dessert in the balcony at the party, so hearing an apology confused Celeste a little bit. However, the naive girl did not have much time to ponder about it since her savior had said something even more puzzling.

"She finds me attractive....she finds ME attractive?!" The immediate effect that those words had on the girl was more than evident. The intense red of her cheeks was highlighted even more by the contrast with her fair skin. Lowering her gaze, she tried to control the mixed emotions swirling inside of her.

Once Mei had finished talking and Celeste had calmed down enough to talk, the brown-haired girl stood up and walked towards her host.

She stood beside Mei and with a heartfelt and sincere voice, she expressed, "Thank you! Thank you for everything!", she paused for a moment before continuing. Her long hair that had been tied in a bun at the party was now cascading down her chest.

"Thank you for saving my life and for protecting me! Thank you for letting me sleep at your house tonight." She took a deep breath before proceeding. "You did not have to do all those things yet you did it."

The light in the room added a beautiful sparkle to her emerald eyes. "Thank you for giving me the most interesting night of my entire life! Thank you for making me feel desired and beautiful again. Thank you for everything!"

Biting her lower lip and tucking her hair behind her ear, Celeste thought of the only way she could demonstrate her immense gratitude to her savior. It was risky, but....it was worth it.

She bent her body just enough to reach her host's face and gently planted a kiss on Mei's cheek.

Mei perked up a little at the tiny peck on her cheek. It was a cute gesture, and from quite the adorable beauty no doubt. Had she not been a creature of the living dead, her own cheeks would be blushing bright at this time. She flashed a genuine smile to the human girl then took a sip of her drink, a small giggle to punctuate, "My, and here I thought you would be scared out of your mind, honey. I mean, you did just get kidnapped by a vampire after all. I would be a little more eh...terrified, if I were you." Teasingly she grinned, a slight showing of her fangs. She leaned over to Celeste and decided to return the kiss on the cheek. "But you're more than welcome. Not all vampires are heartless, bloodsucking creatures...well...unlike those damn Malkavians, but that's another story for another time. I couldn't just let a sweet and innocent girl like you get hurt honestly."

Meanwhile, the two younglings watched curiously their leader, more or less, flirting with the human.

"Oooooh~ So that's why Mei brought her here, eh?" Anton chuckled. Petra elbowed him in the side, "Eww! Get your mind out of the gutter, perv! I think Mei just wanted to keep her safe for some reason. Eh...whatever that is." Timidly she bit her bottom lip.
"Heheh~ Awww yeah, I know what reason! Mei wants a little human pet she can play with! All night long~!" Anton gave a smarmy grin. Petra sighed gruffly. Seemed she was the more mature of the two. "Guh! You are so gross, Anton!"

Shortly after, Nero walked up to Mei.

"Yo, I'm gonna check outside for a bit, maybe have a smoke before we get down to business. You cool?"

"Sure, go ahead." Mei nodded, although she found it odd Nero was stepping outside to smoke, when obviously he could have lit one up in the lounge and she wouldn't care. Her brow crinkled slightly, but her worries...they seemed to vanish when she looked in the human's dazzling eyes.

It was true that during many moments throughout the night, Celeste had been scared and anxious; however, she was not feeling any of those at this moment. Maybe it was due to the exhaustion she was beginning to feel, but more than being afraid of Mei, she was thankful to the Chinese woman.

Feeling Mei's lips on her cheek, the green-eyed girl closed her eyes. Her cheeks turned red both because of the kiss and because she had remembered how aroused she had felt when Mei was about to bite her neck earlier that night.

She took a deep breath before opening her eyes. The more Mei talked the more the young woman became aware how kind the vampire next to her really was. A sweet expression appeared on the girl's visage as her host explained that not all vampires were evil.

As Mei had finished talking, Celeste's gaze switched to the man that had made her heart beat fast since the moment she saw him at the party. Perhaps it was just her imagination, but from the moment they met each other again before entering the cabin, the brown-haired girl had felt utter disdain emanating from Nero.

"Here we go again, Celeste...falling for another bad boy that will only break your heart in the end..." , she reprimanded herself. "When will you learn silly girl? But..." She paused for a moment. "Maybe it is not that he is a bad boy...maybe he hates me...".

Her being human was enough reason to dislike her but she had to wonder if there was also another reason why the black-haired man seemed to dislike her that much.

"I know...I am a human...and that I am an intruder in this house...but..I wish he would not look at me with such contempt". A sad and deep sigh escaped her rosy lips. Turning her eyes from Nero, she looked at Anton and Petra. " I mean...they are also vampires and they don't seem to hate as much as he does..."

Her gloomy and worried expression was interrupted by a delicate yawn which she covered with her right hand. "What time is it now?" She turned around, her eyes looking for a clock in the room. "I guess I'll check the time on my cell phone..." It was then that Celeste realized that her evening bag was nowhere to be found.