The personality of the Dark Triad | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The personality of the Dark Triad

Blizzy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Everyone knows which name of the dark triad is taken from the triangle of the same name that make up the 3 personalities that define a person as bad and are:

Machivelism
Narcissism
Psychopathy

With what has been shown so far: What personality corresponds to each member of the group? I want to read them guys.

Dayeye

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd say:

Dante - Machiavellianism
°Evidenced by his boredom with life (as he explained to Yami) and the necessity of taking on new forms of malice to get his nut. Not to mention Dante's belief that humanity's natural state is malice/evil, which ties into the cynical views of human nature.

Vanica - Psychopathy
°Pretty self explanatory (love that crazy bitch).

Zenon - Narcissism
°I guess, by process of elimination. They're all narcissist's imo, but Tabata's way of highlighting this in Zenon as his defining trait is just the way he carries himself. He doesn't really say much and he looks down on others much more than the other two (as evidenced by the way he talked down to the entire Golden Dawn). Dante actually compliments Yami for his battle prowess and thanks him for his newly gained malice. Vanica compliments Acier and encourages Noelle to get stronger so she can be the one to kill her (lol, love that crazy bitch).

Interesting topic OP, made me learn something new in order to reply.

Last edited:

Robso98

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
I'm actually quite opposite to Dayeye in this topic, but we do agree on Vanica. So let's move to the two I don't agree on:

Dante - Narcissism
From very beggining when we meet him, he was looking down on others, thinking of them as inferior to him - even when his target, Yami, appeared in front of him his first reaction was "no one is looking down on me". Other than that, we also have his taste in women - both Vanessa and Grey became interesting in his eyes only when they showed their magic, a proof they are unique compared to other woman, proof they are worthy for him. And there is also his toying with enemies, fighting them to the very end just to satiate his own boredoom.
Now, I may don't have profesional knowledge on dark triad of personalities, but from what I found out, machavellianism characterized by not only lack of higher emotions (which Dante has, though only in extreme situations, like actually being hurt) but also with winning at any cost. Dante could have win fight with Yami and Aata if he didn't toyed with them.

Zenon - Machiavellianism
His lack of emotions is obvious. All the time he appear, his actions are cold calculated, aiming just to finish his task, no matter the cost. He could have captured William without even bothering about the rest of Golden Dawn, letting DD take care of them, yet he ordered elimination of them all, just to be sure no one would interfere. Then there is his quick reaction to Asta arm, and immiediate decision to kill him, because he may have cause trouble in future.

Of coure, I may be wrong, but I simply cannot see those two diferently.

animeangryfan4

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Tv tropes actually have a good explanation on that.

Dante for me is the Narcissism. His favorite thing is HIMSELF. he says women belongs to HIM because of thier uniquness and he wants to do things cause he is just bored with a world he is not even caring for because its not excitiing to him. He is egocentric and totall scum. Hating him is an underestimatment. Why he consider Evil to be the real feeling of Humanity is not clear to me though

Zenon is Machiavellianism:
he is stoic except a sligth sadist smile. He never jerks around like the other two. When he sees something, small or bigger in danger he intends to elimate it. He is to the point and arguably very dangerous jsut for that. I despise him cause of his sotic side also hdies hsi arrogance hat is apparant. He cares only for the goal and that is that.

Vanica is Psychopathy:
that one is clear. She is selfish, she is sadisitic, she is cruel and she only wants to do thinsgs he wants ot do. The fact she does not even remember åeopel that does not entertain her proves that unless they give her a "challenge" she does nto bother think about things. It is also reflected int eh way she treats her subordinates. They are bombs and stepping stones, for her to get the door open is just to keep fighitng. She is mentally unstable and a detestable human being I absolute hate. She is also rrogant becuase in the end she jsut wants to fight

all the Dark Triads are strong with thier respective skill. But I so absolute despise them. Everything about them is annoying. Even if they get defeated, I still dont think it will be enough
but they are also created this way, cause to constrast the Ligth Triad
someone should make a thread abotu that, to tell what Asta, Noelle and Yuno is in the Light Triad.