Games - The Pokémon Thread | Page 58 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Pokémon Thread

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
So stupid to be a responsible adult. I could have a head start, but no. Must be dutiful and go to bed early to be at work in time. :(

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
The area is soo large and there are so many Pokemon right from the start. I had like 20 mons before first Pokecenter.

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
my friend and i might meet/visit her cousin and borrow her switch. hahaha.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Yeah, first time ever having a choice what to do sort of overwhelmed me a bit. But the illusion of free choice is really an illusion ahah as it is quite gated at points after all. I am approaching gym 2 and have already Lv. 27-29 mons on hand.

Doing more of a living deck complitionist kind of run and keep rotating the party with local mons all the way, but am not in a rush.

Despite the jankiness, awkward animation, lack of physics and other shortcomings, it's very cute at points. I kind of like it so far.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, first time ever having a choice what to do sort of overwhelmed me a bit. But the illusion of free choice is really an illusion ahah as it is quite gated at points after all. I am approaching gym 2 and have already Lv. 27-29 mons on hand.

Doing more of a living deck complitionist kind of run and keep rotating the party with local mons all the way, but am not in a rush.

Despite the jankiness, awkward animation, lack of physics and other shortcomings, it's very cute at points. I kind of like it so far.
I thought so too, but the gate is, you still need some badges for pkmn lvl control, I guess.

Also been watching streams, so many visual bugs.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I thought so too, but the gate is, you still need some badges for pkmn lvl control, I guess.

Also been watching streams, so many visual bugs.
Partly. Pokemon you catch until a certain level of the gym batch you can level up as much as you want. But wild Pkm caught above won't obey. I like this mechanics change a lot.

Btw, I noticed some type weaknesses and resistances have been altered, or at least it feels like. Like, Mach Punching a Shroomish it should resist it, but it was showing and calculating normal damage. Also I heard (in prerelease spoilers) that Ice was buffed or something like that.

Couldn't find a change chart for Gen IX yet. Anyone has infos on that?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
DF so harsh, wow

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
pawmi is the pikachu of this region isnt it? :?bunny

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
There is also Mousehold.

How you guys doing with the game? Finished main and post game story now, just doing Pokedex and legendaries etc post game activities.

Had for most of the run the starters with me (grass one got very late though) as well as the electric frog.
My final league team ended up being all violett lol:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
oh tandemaus&maushold too? :hmm

btw, which pikachu clone is you guys' favorite? most and least? rank?

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I think this stupid sup-category shouldn't exist, but it's great they at least started adding type variety to the Pika clones after Pachirsu.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I think pikachu clone thing is cute. But the others like every region has to have ancient pokemon, bug, mammals etc are kinda boring, repetitive, and less creative.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Oh so they finally are doing regional protagonists like they always should have? That's good news, ig, but like 20 years too late??

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
how come pokemon global can do all this stuff same date and time as jpn, but no official simulcast is something they seemingly cant do !?

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Just watched the Direct. Seeing all these news makes me realize again how big Pokemon is. The Pokemon Concierge preview wasn't particualrly interesting but there is more hope for a Pokemon Adventures adaptation now.