Discussion - The rest of the World | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The rest of the World

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
What do you think ? Will we see the rest of the world and how has it changed over the millennia? Will other civilizations be in other parts of the world, perhaps more advanced?

hai_Priesty

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Maybe more advanced than the village but not likely to be more advanced in Senkuu's Science Kingdom in its true form?
Depending on how the story goes, if there are zones with large revivals it's not that difficult for educated adults with only a basic grasp of handy skills and woodcraft knowledge to bring their standard of living back to 18 century rural living, I think.

But I think it's near impossible to have actual modern technology when you have no tools to act on your knowledge, unless some population was not revived but intact all along.

Btw.......... Japanese readers (I think Fukushima incident has traumatized them -_-) reminded that old designs of nuclear plants will actually have a meltdown when it is not continually replenished. Thus, the 58th-century world is actually pork-marked with a number of nuclear dead-zones around the world where Nuclear Plant just meltdown and spew away it's whatever-contents unrestrained. On such scale that will make Chernobyl look like child's play.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
It is true, nuclear power plants around the world, after centuries of failure to maneuver, will all be fused ......

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It's hard to say because we really don't know where the story is going with this. What's the manga's endgame? For senku to lay the foundations of a new civilization? Or perhaps for him to face whatever was responsible for humanity turning into stone?

If it's just the first then the manga doesn't need to have more people than it already does. It could easily just build on the cast, perhaps a few extra tribes and the people senku eventually will awaken himself.

On the other hand if the endgame is to beast whatever is responsible for the petrification it is hard to imagine there not being a bigger group of humans around that have successfully brought back technology to some extent at least.

Thinking about it, there certainly should be other people around. The village folk had a rule against letting them in.

Last edited:

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Well, in the last chapter, finally put aside the Tsukasa affair, Senku and the others can leave for the rest of the world.

What road will they follow?

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
And we will see.....America !!!

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
And we will see.....America !!!
Ha, somehow the way you said that made me think that Senkuu will finally manage a way to bring back cable television once they are in the United States of America.
America means Hollywood, after all :mono
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Just came across this panel in a reread of the manga:
Bit of an interesting panel because this could quite literally have been foreshadowing of the current state of America.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If this is a foreshadow, I hope it is from the future state of America, not the actual when they arrive.

I mean, maybe they would have detected radio signals if there were civilized people there...

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I mean, maybe they would have detected radio signals if there were civilized people there...
That's true.
The thing that has been bugging me this whole time is that, the petrification ray originated from South America. Byakuya and the group of astronauts had theorized that from orbit. Wouldn't it make more sense to pass by there to look for clues?
Unless the 3700 years in between have caused both America continents to merge into one large mass of land. I.e a reverse continental drift :hmm

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
3k years is nothing in geological terms for this. Vulcanos can appear/disappear, some small islands as well, but continental drift takes millennia.

I think they may go to SA. I don't know if Senku has the knowledge that the petrification started there. But at least seeing their map, I believe they have a "Alloy City" or something like this in Chile/other

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I think they may go to SA. I don't know if Senku has the knowledge that the petrification started there. But at least seeing their map, I believe they have a "Alloy City" or something like this in Chile/other
Oh I didn't notice the Alloy City was situated in South America, nice eye.
And good point, they have no knowledge on where petrification started.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That -- not knowing where it started -- should be something on Senku's radar. He must be curious about where it started. He must think of some ways to know it.

From what we saw, the 3k+ years ago petrification was faster than the one by the Medusas that rained upon the island, or at least that's what I understood.
Maybe he can use something he noted in Japan + SF to triangulate where it started...or something like this.

In any case, I always thought that was something really important but Senku never talked to anybody about this, IIRC.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Yeah, he never once mentioned it to anyone.
They have never had a serious discussion about the issue, so Senkuu was more occupied with trying to revive humanity rather than trying to discover the truth about the petrification.
From what we saw, the 3k+ years ago petrification was faster than the one by the Medusas that rained upon the island, or at least that's what I understood.
The Medusa petrification on the island also had a smaller range (Island), while the one before covered the whole world.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
A weird theory that has been on my mind for a while now, well I know it probably sounds ridiculous/not feasible, but might as well post it while it's still fresh.

--
Could it be possible that some people survived the initial petrification wave by living in bunkers? Like, we already saw Byakuya and the other astronauts survived by being in space at the time, which is realistic. But would the reverse also work in this case? From Senku and Xeno's discussion(s) in chapter 171, they said that whatever the petrification ray was, it was a form of matter that was being pulled by the earth's gravity. But despite this, I think there would still be a limit on how much it would penetrate the ground. Especially considering bunkers are supposed to offer protection against world ending/catacylsmic activities.
With Byakuya and the other astronauts, I think sensei is trying to make their survival somewhat poetic/romantic (Like, they were the last of their kind). But I do think bunkers can work in such a setting imo.
TL : DR - People who live in bunkers could have survived the initial petrification wave. Though where those bunkers would be located is another issue altogether :hmm