The RPG Thread! | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The RPG Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
SilvaShado said:
I really liked Suikoden 4. I like the ship, sure it was bit annoying to pilot at first, but it got better, especially when you no longer have to fight enemies. Forgot what it was that did that, though. It's been a couple of years since I played it. But I liked having a ship to contain all my characters.
it's the CHAMPION RUNE, you no longer have to fight enemies wearker than your partie's averaged level, but since it's so strong you can only get it once you've reached the last part of the game, and in previous games you could only equip it to the right hand of a certain character. still great though :D

Jumo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Playing Suikoden 4 reminds me of One piece, obviously for some reason. Even though it's the lowest point of the series, I still liked the game to some extent. I also enjoyed playing Suikoden Rhapsodia which is a spin-off of 4 to connect the loose points of 4. I have yet to play Suikoden 5 though..

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
^ lemme guess? the boats or the pirates? or both? lol... play 5! it feels sooo nostalgic! specially if youre a george prime fan!

Jumo

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Not a Georg Prime fan but I'm dying to play the game but the problem is my Ps2 console is broken T_T
As a suikoden fan, it's really sad that I always play the games late.

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
aw....THAT IS NO EXCUSE! GET YOUR PS2 FIXED!!!! :D lol... how could you not be a georg prime fan???? HOOOWWWW?!?!?!?!?!?

Jumo

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Not that I don't like him, it's just that I had enough of those serious-type macho swordsman characters in Rpgs. I prefer Nash Laktje^^

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
oohhh nash.... the sierra whipped pretty boy from the holy kingdom oh harmonia! :D gotta love his weapon! yet they don't do it much justice in the third game...i realy wanna see him actually use it... George was great in my opinion. i mean he always had that mysterious feel on him... fav char?

Jumo

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Nash had already buried his weapon (Grosser Fluss) along with Zaj by the time Suikoden III happened, I believe, so that's why. His reasons? since it makes him insane and formidable, he doesn't want to hurt anybody. Same here, I wanted to see him use it, but we'll never know. Fav Char? Isn't it obvious? Nash Laktje^^ Ace, Sheena, Jacques, Geddoe, Wyatt, Chris some names I would like mention.

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
yeah i did read the synopsis of the 2 suikogaiden games... but i never really got to properly link it to 3....i'm so ashamed....so i take it you like the 3rd game best? i mean most of your fav chars are in it.... my alltime fave would have to be THE BEAR MAN! Viktor! he's so friggin brash an uncooth that it transcends bad and hops on to coolness!!

Jumo

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yeah, I like 3 the best. With its different story telling among the others and great story. You're missing something good if you haven't play the game. Viktor was great character too, I understand why he's your favorite, I always laugh whenever he and star dragon sword had their conversation. Classic!

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
^yeah! Viktor! nothing beats a brash and gung-ho brute quarreling with an elietist and obnoxious sword! :D i've finished all of the suikoden RPG's that came out in english, i've also finished all 3 endings in 3 (still not done with luc's side quest), but by far my personal fav is 2. it's got that compelling storyline, it's packed with nostalgia, and its really hard to collect all the characters in it! :D

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
level4paperboy said:
^yeah! Viktor! nothing beats a brash and gung-ho brute quarreling with an elietist and obnoxious sword! :D i've finished all of the suikoden RPG's that came out in english, i've also finished all 3 endings in 3 (still not done with luc's side quest), but by far my personal fav is 2. it's got that compelling storyline, it's packed with nostalgia, and its really hard to collect all the characters in it! :D
I've also played all including all 3 endings in 3. i also must agree with you on 2 being the best for all the reasons you listed plus another, the multitude of species and character diversity. more than any other title in the series, each individual character stood out alot more. this was partly due to its much higher level of incorperation of other races and clans (vampire, werewolf, kobald, winger, griffon, elf, etc). other titles made reference to these races (3 did the best job) or tried to substitute (the Nay-kobald from 4 haunt my dreams). plus, Bob was just fantastic

Jumo

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It doesn't surprise me, most people who have played the whole series tend to pick the second game as their favorite. One of things that enjoyed about Suikoden II is the cooking contest. I really loved it, hahaha! I wish Suikoden 5 brought it back^^

Yeah, the lycanthrope Bob was so awesome, too bad he didn't have any significant role on the plot.

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
"I've also played all including all 3 endings in 3. i also must agree with you on 2 being the best for all the reasons you listed plus another, the multitude of species and character diversity. more than any other title in the series, each individual character stood out alot more. this was partly due to its much higher level of incorperation of other races and clans (vampire, werewolf, kobald, winger, griffon, elf, etc). other titles made reference to these races (3 did the best job) or tried to substitute (the Nay-kobald from 4 haunt my dreams). plus, Bob was just fantastic"- sahugani

i knew i was forgetting something... aw come on! the nay-kobold were kitties! KITTIES!!! the essence of cuteness!!

"It doesn't surprise me, most people who have played the whole series tend to pick the second game as their favorite. One of things that enjoyed about Suikoden II is the cooking contest. I really loved it, hahaha! I wish Suikoden 5 brought it back^^

Yeah, the lycanthrope Bob was so awesome, too bad he didn't have any significant role on the plot."- the filipino channel (just kidding TFC)

i don't want to spoil anything for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.