Other - The Scary Stories Thread! ~* Anything... creepy, goes here >) *~ | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Other The Scary Stories Thread! ~* Anything... creepy, goes here >) *~

amar_kun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
i also have a ghost story to share.. even though i never see the ghost in this story,
this story circulates in my last boarding school and was passed down from one generation to another.. back in the year 1998 (i was 13 at that time), i was transferred to a boarding school in nothern region of malaysia. the new students were allocated into 4 dormitories, consist of 16 people in each dorm. on the first night in my hostel day, the seniors came and started to share their 'interesting story'... :s

the story goes like this.. there is a dining hall for students about 50 metres from the boys hostel.. we ate there for our breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner and supper.. since my school is a government school and we have quite a tight budget for food, the cooks and workers in the dining hall have to be very trifty with the budget.

once upon a time, there is a lady cook in the dining hall who always brought her small boy whenever she was working... the boy was about 4 years old at that time.. being a little brat, he was active and because of that, he was always hungry.... then he started to ask his mom, "mom.. i want food.. could you pls give me some of those?"... "nope.. this is for the students.. if you want this you have to ask from them.. they will be angry if you take their food without permission".. his mother tried to stop the conversation by scaring him of the seniors.. this conversations repeated whenever the small guy hungry..

one day, the boy caught a high fever.. not long after that he died from the fever.. and the nightmare of our hostel began.. i've never experienced it, but this is a story from one of my seniors..

on that night, just like any other normal night, at 12:00 he switched of the lights of the dorm (we call this lights-out time) and lay on his bed. after a while, he started to sleep.. however, not long after that, he felt like someone is pulling his toe.. he thought that maybe just his imagination, so he ignored it.. however, the grip on his toe became stronger.. and he heard something like this.. "abang... abang.. nak kuih.. nak kuih.." (the translation is: brother. brother. give me food..give me food). he was shivering like hell when he heard that.. however, he gathered all his courage to open his eye to see what was bothering him.. there it is, a small boyish figure, black, with 2 white potruding eyes.. looking at him.. he was so scared at the sight and hid his face under his pillow.. after a while, the 'hungry ghost' left him and maybe searching for another victim.. starting from that time, the story of the hungry ghost asking for food from the students became widespread in our school as there are quite a number of students experienced it..

so for those who is going to my ex-hostel.. beware.. you might be the next target..:s

Last edited:

Babii-Boo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
amar_kun, when did your senior told you that story? O.o And how old was he then?

Ack.. that's... freaky. Thankfully I don't go to a boarding school, otherwise I'll be scaring myself to death at night.

amar_kun

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
amar_kun, when did your senior told you that story? O.o And how old was he then?

Ack.. that's... freaky. Thankfully I don't go to a boarding school, otherwise I'll be scaring myself to death at night.
my senior told me the story on my first night at school. He is 17 and sitting for his SPM (equivalent to O-Level) that year.

By the way, there was 1 funny story about this. After listened the story, he told us how to avoid the attack from this hungry ghost... PREPARE HIM FOOD! the told us to put a pack of biscuits, 1 can of coke and 1 bowl of 'maggi' mee (it is a type of instant noodle) and put it in front of our dorm door at 12 am.

the next day.. we did according to what we had been told.. about a few minutes we heard some weird sound in front of our door.. and suddently we heard "OUCH!! PANASNYE!!" (which means : ouch!! So Hot!!)

haha.. it seems that it was our senior, the one who told us the ghost story and one of his friend caught red handed while eating the food for the ghost!! lol! it seems that they are manipulating the ghost story to fill their own stomach..however the soup for the instant noodle was too hot and burnt his tounge.. heh, serve him right!!

however we still pass this story to the freshies so that we can get free food in front of their dorm's door.. lol!:D:D:D

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
aww, poor lil boy.. he's just hungry, all he wants is food.. not like he's trying to hurt anybody :amuse he kinda remind me of ichi's naughty ghost boys :XD

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, amar. That's just like the two boys in my flat. They somehow only woke up my friend, who regularly stay at my place, maybe it's because he usually goes to my place bringing food and snacks. But the strange thing is, while i'm writing this post, i feel something is watching me in the back, and there's no one else here but me. And there i go, turning my head for the third time. I better stop visiting this thread. :D

MadDog

Reaction score
Country
United States
Amar, good story. I'm kind of freaked out by it. I might have to sleep with shoes on to keep the ghost from pulling my toes (and to chase after him if he tries to steal my food!) :XD

amar_kun

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Amar, good story. I'm kind of freaked out by it. I might have to sleep with shoes on to keep the ghost from pulling my toes (and to chase after him if he tries to steal my food!) :XD
hmm.. wearing my shoes when i go to bed.. i wonder why i didnt came up with that brilliant idea when i was in the hostel.:eyeroll:eyeroll

however, now i'm afraid that instead of pulling my toe, the hungry ghost pulls my shoes, steals it and sells it on ebay!:gigglebunny

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
even ghost goes high tech nowdays eh.. :XD

MadDog

Reaction score
Country
United States
however, now i'm afraid that instead of pulling my toe, the hungry ghost pulls my shoes, steals it and sells it on ebay!
That could happen, but I'm guessing the ghost has a very poor user feedback rating. :)

even ghost goes high tech nowdays eh.. :XD
That's hilarious. (I was thinking the same thing) :XD

amar_kun

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
it seems that we kinda went off topic here.. this thread should be spooky and scary, not to be funny, :XD

who else wanna share their frightening experience with the supernatural world?

i wrote my story of eating deer in the other thread and it lead me to a kinda scary story (which is off topic over there but it is the right topic in here)

so i will copy and paste the story here.
i've eaten deer before.. it was deer curry.. however i didnt realize that it is deer until my aunt told me it is.. i thought it is just beef coz the look the same..

actually deer is an endangered speacies in Malaysia. anyone who sell deer will be charged and put into jail. i can eat deer because my uncle and his friend went to haunting at nearby forest and they shot one. of course the government dunno about this :D

there are a lot of scary stories about haunting... my uncle had experienced it himself.. one they, he went to haunting with a group of his frens.. then one of them saw a 'deer'... so they shot it.. when they go to see it, it was one of their own friend!! wa.. scariiiieee.......

about my uncle's friend's jacket, i am not too sure about the colour.. i totally forgot to ask him about it.. but the one who shot him did really saw a 'deer' instead of his own friend.. i dunno.. the malay people believe that mouse-deer, deer, tiger, all those animal in the jungle, they have their owners.. it kinda we human have our own pet.. we have cat, dogs, fish as our pet.. but those wild animal in the jungle also have their guardian.. so when you kill their pet, those guardian get kinda angry.. so they put a curse so that make you see ur own friend as ur own target and make you shoot at him.. i've heard this kind of stories several time from diff people.. it's kinda freaky.. :s:s

Last edited:

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
ahh, a lot of things can happen in a forest ^^ that's why guys can't just pee on any tree :XD

amar_kun

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
so where should we answer the nature's call in the forest then? any public toilet there? :XD

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
you should dig a hole and then pee! or at least use a bush that doesn't seem to have any 'guardians' (ghost etc) hanging ard.. :amuse

amar_kun

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
hmmm... interesting suggestion... it is from personal experience? :P

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
nah, i onli spent a few hours in a forest before heading back to the dorm :amuse

amar_kun

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
oh.. you lived in a dorm? when was it? is it during your secondary school or during university? do you got any ghost there?? people said there are lots of ghost at the girl's dormitory...

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
ohhhh now that you mention it.. i just remembered.. the dorm I was talkin abt is this long house dormitory with 4 rooms and a common corridor and i don't live in a dorm.

it was abt last year, me and some friends went on a trip organized by the school to Kuala Tahan to stay at the isolated dorm of the resort there. we went to hike at Taman Negara, crawl around in some caves, river rafting the usual outdoor nature stuff.

on the first night, there were 4 girls including me in the room, and there were 4 bunk beds (there were suppose to be 4 other girls but they crash with their friends in the other rooms) initially, I was thinking of sleeping at the top because there was 8 of us but after climbing up and realized that it's really unstable and every move i make since to shake both the top and bottom bunk so all of us took the bottom bed.

we were playing cards at first but we were soon tired and wanted to sleep. the other ppl were still awake and making noises and as it grew late, they gradually grew quiet.. I was finding it hard to sleep because of the noises, so I have been tossing and turning. when it was finally quiet and I tot I fall asleep but some of them started running around in the corridor and slamming the door shut so many times it almost drives me nuts.

it grew silent again but then I heard loud heavy footsteps again and i was tempted to go out and scream at them to stop acting like kids. but as I listen harder, the sound didn't seem to becoming from outside. it went on for a long time and i realize the sound was actually inside the room, in the middle of it to be exact. i turned around to face the room but i didn't really see anything though it was dark. the footsteps were different from the previous ones, when they were running outside, it sounded light and has that skidding sound. but this footsteps were heavy and went boom, boom, boom. plus, it sounded like it was coming from above. which is really weird because the dormitory is a single storey meaning there should be nothing up there but the roof.

it was 3am and i was still awake because of the noises so in the end, i decided to plug in my mp3 and fall asleep soon after. the next day, i asked my friends if they heard any strange noises. they told me they were actually awake but didn't dare to say anything (i tot they had all fallen asleep) and they agreed that the were sounds of footsteps coming from somewhere in the middle of the room. (the bunk beds were at each corner of the room)

Last edited:

amar_kun

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
:s:s owh man.. that must be very frightening.. footsteps in the room but nothing to see..

i've never been into deep forest like 'taman negara' before.. all i've been were just recrational park which is for tourist and campers.. since there's too many people, the ghost was afraid and decided to find quieter place, like "taman negara" :amuse:amuse

(taman negara means national park. malaysian's taman negara is the oldest rainforest in the world.. ;))

duchess of dork

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
why is this thread inactive???i think this is a very good thread. i trust everyone has something scary to tell..:oh

mine happened at times during the span of my work as part time sales clerk/trainee at a chemical distributing corporation while studying.

the main building where i was assigned has its entire 2nd floor serving as a stock area, and the only functional toilet for employees is located at the 3rd floor. the elevator is only used to transfer stocks to and from the ground floor, and one has no choice but to use the stairs, which more than often, causes us to pause from climbing midway out of exhaustion.

one particular day, i rushed upstairs on an urge to pass water, and as i climb upstairs passing nearby the dingy entrance to the stock area, i thought i heard a little girl's giggle and told my seniors about it. my seniors looked at one another silently.

weeks before that happened, the secretary asked me if i slammed the door to the office after handing over some documents. i denied it since i wasnt near enough to even touch it; i used the teller's window to hand those documents in. everyone of the employees heard it except me..

how is this eerie?this corporation, officially a 'group of companies,' was a limited partnership merger of a prominent chinese clan'scompanies, after this clan's most distinguished couple and one of their kids was murdered in their own home more than 3 years ago. this particular building was solely this murdered couple's property, where they frequent, but since the merger, this was occupied by the administrator judicially challenged by the murdered couple's biological firstborn. the administrator is accused of involvement in the murder case. Malice, murder and haunted-- theyre creepier irl than in movies, trust me.

its eerie alright, but i still dont believe that the dead are capable of going after the living...theyre are already dead, as the word implies:eyeroll

Last edited:

tivaro27

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
While still in college, I lived in a dorm. Actually, this story is not my experience but my roommate who experience it. And this was his story:
My friend Hamdi very timid, so often disturb the same in the other dorm friends. So one day Irsan (friend of my dorm one, too), wants to disrupt the Hamdi by pretending to be "pocong" (a kind of ghost in my place). so that night he stood on the landing (I and Hamdi was in the dorm level 2), Hamdi at night often come downstairs to pee (toilets in the basement). so when he fall down to basement he see Irsan who disguised as "pocong" and he suddenly shouted very loudly and ran back into the room, after Hamdi run, Irsan laughed and looked up, At there he saw something horrible and he ran after Hamdi. The next day they were pale and frightened, strangely at that night we were all unconscious. so what exactly are they viewed?