The Skull Knight - Facts, Speculation and Theories | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Skull Knight - Facts, Speculation and Theories

THORIVOS

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Austria
anyone else ever thought that the female figure on skully's horse looks awfully similar to slan?
notice the medusa-like hair and the demon wings.

Chaki

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
I don't think he was branded, he doesn't seem to attract any creatures in the way Guts does. I think he may be "former" apostle, maybe even God's hand if such thing is possible.

Ryuzaki L

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I don't think he was branded, he doesn't seem to attract any creatures in the way Guts does. I think he may be "former" apostle, maybe even God's hand if such thing is possible.
I don't think he's an apostle either, otherwise he would cause Guts brand to bleed.

TheFlash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a crazy ass theory:
Skull Knight was the first ever God Hand. He was called upon God himself,
and sacrificed his loved one(now the woman in the horse crest thingy, il explain later).
Later on, 4 more God Hands are made. Skull Knight, since his the first God Hand, has power
over the other 4 God Hands and can control them and reigns over the God Hands and the World
as the mother fu*king KING. So one day, the 4 God Hands decide they had enough of SK's crap.
So they decide to over throw him and split the power equally. So now there are 4 Main God Hands and
SK has been banished to the human world. (Later on Griffith takes SK's place as a God Hand)
So, there SK meets Flora and what not and train together and SK tries to get stronger to
get his revenge on the 4 God Hands and maybe even get revenge on Griffith who took his place.
And while his getting stronger and fighting apostles, he also tries to repay his sin that he commited
from sacrificing his loved one to become a God Hand and that's the symbol crest thingy in the Horse.
And so he meets Guts and feels like he has a lot in common with him and helps him in his journey
to kill Griffith and get his own revenge on the other God Hands.
What a Fu*king Theory, eh? :D
PLOT TWIST: Skull Knight is actually the GOD, who just watches over the world and sees interest in whats
happening and finds the God Hands interesting and interferes with them once in a while.
Nah im joking about the Plot Twist :D

Ryuzaki L

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Can you guys please keep in mind, Guts brand never reacted to Skull Knight the same way it did to Griffith or any Apostle.

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
agree....
i believe he became friends/allies with the witch...not to fight god's hand but to be saved from the armor(which had took him over)
i think this is why she had the armor in her possession.....

Swirls

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
No one ever brings up the engravings on the stone structure in the pit below the Tower of Rebirth. On the page with the engravings, put your finger on the upper lip of the female statue. Slowly go straight down until you get to the engraving. It looks like a robe, a central figure, my guess is it's Void/Wiseman. I believe he more or less started the Holy See. In those times where witches and elemental worship was alot more common, This religious "sage" went around spreading gospel about one "God", all the while branding people who wished to follow him. I'm sure he didn't use a blade but a little magic of his own, the branding was quick and clean, nothing but a little sting and now you've proven your faith. I say this because If you look at the panel with the skulls, their brands are all on the forehead, which reeks of some religious type deal.

Also perhaps this cult of people carrying the brand of sacrifice which we know distorts the space around them and since they are put in the interstice(which from a religious zealots point of view could be seen as a way to get closer to "God") as Schierke has mentioned being in the interstice "makes it easy to affect matter with the mind". So all these people together praying for and coming to believe in this one "God" who weaves every mans destiny to bring reason to so many seemingly pointless deaths. Perhaps this is how the "Idea of Evil" was born.

The whole angel and unicorn thing could have many explinations. Maybe All these branded together was causing a distortion so great that normally rare creatures like unicorns were more easily seen. Maybe Void was teaching people "astral projection" or was doing something similar to what Griffith does now with the spirits of the dead and thus the "angels". Miura will figure which story he chooses to give it. I think the point here is that Void built a little sanctuary, and all this angel and unicorn stuff may have just been a great way to really make people believe in his religion that he eventually sacrificed for ascension.

Void is the God-Hand that brands afterall. As a holyman, his wish was most likely always for divine direction and to carry out "God's" will, to be an angel of "God". Void is the angel that sits on the thumb and is the only one I've seen referred to as "archangel" which obviously means "chief angel".

So there are many reasons for me to believe he was the first God-Hand, but also likely went about his sacrificial ritual differently. Maybe he had to kill his sacrifices himself like "The Count" killed his own wife. "The Count" even did It after being given power. But IoE would have been relatively new with Void, so it might of not even had the necessary souls to turn Void until he gave it the sacrifices. There's alot to speculate.

I know this was more about Void than Gaiseric/SkullKnight, but I think since they existed in somewhat the same era(I'm pretty sure at one point fought), we need to uncover something about one to get some ideas about the other.

Last edited:

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
No one ever brings up the engravings on the stone structure in the pit below the Tower of Rebirth. On the page with the engravings, put your finger on the upper lip of the female statue. Slowly go straight down until you get to the engraving. It looks like a robe, a central figure, my guess is it's Void/Wiseman. I believe he more or less started the Holy See. In those times where witches and elemental worship was alot more common, This religious "sage" went around spreading gospel about one "God", all the while branding people who wished to follow him. I'm sure he didn't use a blade but a little magic of his own, the branding was quick and clean, nothing but a little sting and now you've proven your faith. I say this because If you look at the panel with the skulls, their brands are all on the forehead, which reeks of some religious type deal.

Also perhaps this cult of people carrying the brand of sacrifice which we know distorts the space around them and since they are put in the interstice(which from a religious zealots point of view could be seen as a way to get closer to "God") as Schierke has mentioned being in the interstice "makes it easy to affect matter with the mind". So all these people together praying for and coming to believe in this one "God" who weaves every mans destiny to bring reason to so many seemingly pointless deaths. Perhaps this is how the "Idea of Evil" was born.

The whole angel and unicorn thing could have many explinations. Maybe All these branded together was causing a distortion so great that normally rare creatures like unicorns were more easily seen. Maybe Void was teaching people "astral projection" or was doing something similar to what Griffith does now with the spirits of the dead and thus the "angels". Miura will figure which story he chooses to give it. I think the point here is that Void built a little sanctuary, and all this angel and unicorn stuff may have just been a great way to really make people believe in his religion that he eventually sacrificed for ascension.

Void is the God-Hand that brands afterall. As a holyman, his wish was most likely always for divine direction and to carry out "God's" will, to be an angel of "God". Void is the angel that sits on the thumb and is the only one I've seen referred to as "archangel" which obviously means "chief angel".

So there are many reasons for me to believe he was the first God-Hand, but also likely went about his sacrificial ritual differently. Maybe he had to kill his sacrifices himself like "The Count" killed his own wife. "The Count" even did It after being given power. But IoE would have been relatively new with Void, so it might of not even had the necessary souls to turn Void until he gave it the sacrifices. There's alot to speculate.

I know this was more about Void than Gaiseric/SkullKnight, but I think since they existed in somewhat the same era(I'm pretty sure at one point fought), we need to uncover something about one to get some ideas about the other.
It is speculated that Skullknight is Gaiseric and that Void was his Wise man he imprisoned. But later it is said that "Angels" came to free him. Generally the God Hand are identified with angels or demons (fallen angels) because they're able to deceive people about their true nature. If it is true that the Wise man was saved by other God hand, then it's possible that there was previous set of God hand. Maybe after they realize their dream they are allowed to be reborn again, like a cycle. At least it would definitely mean that Void is the oldest of the current God hand, since these events happened 1000 years ago. I remember there was theory about the role of each God hand, based on the thumb they are sitting in during the eclipse. I think the God hand are equal, or that they each have a role.In Void's case he seems to be the one conducting the ceremony, Conrad is seen raising the altar etc. As for Femto, he's supposed to bring the age of darkness, he's the only one who was able to be reincarnated as a human after his ascension to our knowledge.