Discussion - The Strongest Power in FT | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Strongest Power in FT

GodOfDestruction

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Universe One, The One Magic, Curse of Ankhersem, Dragon Slayer Magic and other Lost Magic, Fairy Heart, Curse's, etc.
Rank them or discuss them in the comments

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Universe One, The One Magic, Curse of Ankhersem, Dragon Slayer Magic and other Lost Magic, Fairy Heart, Curse's, etc.
Rank them or discuss them in the comments
Fairy Heart (infinite mp)
Dragon Slayer (Acnologia)
Ankhseram's Curse (Zeref)
Universe One (Irene)

DemonKing888

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What I wonder about Dragon Slayer magic is if it makes you immune to other types of magic if you reach the level of a dragon like Acnologia did. As seen in the GMG arc the dragons took no damage from some of the strongest mages.

Does Ankhseram curse not work on Dragons? There is more to Dragon Slaying magic than cool elemental attacks.

but to answer the question of Strongest magic I would have to say One Magic, it has been stated many times as being the most powerful magic because all magic comes from it.

GodOfDestruction

Reaction score
Country
United States
What I wonder about Dragon Slayer magic is if it makes you immune to other types of magic if you reach the level of a dragon like Acnologia did. As seen in the GMG arc the dragons took no damage from some of the strongest mages.

Does Ankhseram curse not work on Dragons? There is more to Dragon Slaying magic than cool elemental attacks.

but to answer the question of Strongest magic I would have to say One Magic, it has been stated many times as being the most powerful magic because all magic comes from it.
The Dragons were immune to all other attacks because it didn't come from a dragon slayer, that's why when Natsu hit Motherglare she started to fall. It doesn't matter if you're 100,000,000 times stronger than a dragon slayer, you will never hurt a dragon.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I don't remember that Dragons are 100% immune to other magic except DS magic. wizards during GMG were weak compared to dragons which is why they couldn't even stun them. if they are 100% immune to any magic except DS magic then Zeref cannot beat Acnologia with Fairy Heart because it is not DS magic unless he secretly trains DS magic.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
My ranking of magic types based on capabilities, hax and hype:

1. The One Magic

2. Contradictory Curse

3. Black Arts, Lumen Histoire

4. World Reconstruction Magic, Age Seal

5. Three Seals, Transport, Mass Manipulation

6. The Curses of Tartaros

7. Hybrid Theory, Historia of Corpses, Stealth, Alchemy

8. Vampire Magic

9. Heavenly Body Magic

10. Dragon Slayer Magic, God Slayer Magic, Devil Slayer Magic

11. Arc of Time, Arc of Trees, Arc of Embodiment

12. Dark Écriture

13. Sand Magic

14. Crash Magic

15. Territory, Memory-Make, Reflector

16. Requip, Take-Over

17. Celestial Spirit Magic, Ice-Make

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Nothing so far in FT sounds more OP than Age Seal.

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Zeref can stop time although he is not a God of Time so he probably has some limits.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Zeref's curse may kill you if it hits you, but we see with Igneel-powered Natsu that you can overpower the magic. Zeref had Igneel teach Natsu dragon slaying magic with hopes that he would become strong enough to eventually kill him.

We really don't know if dragons are immune to magic or not, but it doesn't matter. Given that the strongest character in the series right now is a dragon slayer, it's pretty much confirmation that it's got the highest potential short of having an infinite supply of MP. Dragon Slaying magic is was originally magic meant for dragons to kill each other. This means all dragons are also dragon slayers, including Igneel and his crew.

Last edited:

DemonKing888

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zeref can stop time although he is not a God of Time so he probably has some limits.
I wouldn't be shocked if Zeref trained all of his Shields minus August. He either taught some of them their magic or he learnt their magic by watching them

GodOfDestruction

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't remember that Dragons are 100% immune to other magic except DS magic. wizards during GMG were weak compared to dragons which is why they couldn't even stun them. if they are 100% immune to any magic except DS magic then Zeref cannot beat Acnologia with Fairy Heart because it is not DS magic unless he secretly trains DS magic.
Even if Zeref obtains FH, he most likely will fight Acno in human form.

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Which is why he's going to give Natsu unlimited magic to use against Acnologia for revenge for killing his father, Igneel.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It's pretty hard for me to list them, but here are the ones I think are the strongest off the top of my head (spells/magic/weapons)

Fairy Heart/One Magic
Dragon Slayer magic endpoint (Acnologia)
Etherion/Universe One
Ankhseram/immortality curse
IgNatsu's FDKM punch/3 Fairy Spells
High-end magic from Spriggan-tiers

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
1. The One Magic - ? - It must/should be a combination of all types of magic, pure magic, in any of its manifestations.
2. Dragon Slaying Magic - Acnologia - When at its peak, this magic is pretty godly, and when you turn into a dragon, you pretty much can do anything.
3. Etherion - Magic council - Can pretty much nuke a country
4. Age Seal - Dimaria - She can probably stop time up until her MP runs out, which must be a looong time.
5. Mass manipulation - Brandish - In the event it has no limitations and can shrink anything with matter, you can even shrink MBP, which would render Bradman's ability ineffective - just a supposition. With absurde amounts of MP you could shrink entire countries if you wanted.
6. Fairy Heart - Mavis - While it is infinite MP, it is not infinite DC. I mean you can keep throwing water buckets to the sun infinitely, it won't put it out.
7. Bradman (Three seals + 9D Curses) - Macro alone is haxy enough...
8. Transport - Jacob - The ability to transport anything to another dimension- which you control (and can kill anyone in it, anytime) is pretty haxy.
9. Hybrid theory - God Serena - Posessing 8 DS types of magics is quite impressive; although it you don't excel at any... well... not that much.
10. Historia of corpses - Neinhart - Interesting magic, but you can only summon people below your level...
11. Heavenly body magic / Celestial magic - Jellal, Lucy - Anything that involves "heaven", "universe", "stars" must be powerful xDD
12. Vampire magic/Moisture sucking - Hyberion, Ajeel - Seemingly, they allow you to 'extract' life out of the body.
13. Stealth - Jacob - Imagine. You can't know where your enemy comes from, he has slashed your throat before you even notice.

Honorable mentions

Contradictory Curse - Mavis, Zeref - While it is powerful (in the sense it can kill anybody), it is uncontrollable.
World Reconstruction Magic - Irene - Effects yet to be shown
God Slaying Magic - Shelia, Orga, Zancrow
Devil Slaying Magic - Gray
Crash - Glidartz
Jutsu Shiki - Freed
Fairy Spells (Fairy law, glitter) - Mavis, Makarov, Laxus, Cana
Light Magic - Makarov
Territory - Minerva
Memory Make - Rufus
Reflector (Illusions) - Macbeth

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
Power of feelings isn't even mentioned?? You guys must have forgotten that this is FT we're talking about :3c

Lol, in all seriousness, I think that I agree completely with the ranking @Brandish made.

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I wouldn't be shocked if Zeref trained all of his Shields minus August. He either taught some of them their magic or he learnt their magic by watching them
you cannot teach God of Time anything. I doubt that DImaria got her Age Seal out of no where. she got it probably from merging with Chronos.

Last edited:

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
The one magic is love. Lucy's mom said all starts with your heart. So basically One magic is love and August or Zeref is responsible for it.

So maybe Lucy will be the one to use it.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Fairy Heart - Mavis - While it is infinite MP, it is not infinite DC. I mean you can keep throwing water buckets to the sun infinitely, it won't put it out.
I still think Fairy Heart should be #1. It's probably true that you are limited by the amount of powerful magic you know, meaning that someone like Mavis probably wouldn't be very effective with it given that she's not really a good fighter. However, you can still hook it up to an etherion cannon if you really wanted to. One Magic is too theoretical for me to rank it. For all we know the one magic might literally just be love, and the power of feelings.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
1) POF (One Magic)
2) Acnologia's Dragon Slayer Magic
3) Fire Dragon Slayer Magic (Ignia / Igneel)
4) Ankhseram Black Magic (God Ankhseram)
5) Copy Magic(August)
6) Age Seal
8) Enchantments ( Irene Belserion )
7) Command T
8) Transport
9) Macro
10) Stealth
12) Crash
13) Ash Dragon Magic( Skullion Raider)
14) Law Magic
15) Heavenly Body Magic