Life - The Tattoo Thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life The Tattoo Thread

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hmm,i would never make myself a tattoo.I do admit that some look awesome,but in my case i would start hating it after a week,because i found a flaw or because i just dislike its design.So a tattoo that lasts like forever is nothing for me.Maybe some japanese or chinese characters,but the rest is out of question for me.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me neither. I couldn't have a permanent tattoo cos I'd find another one or flaw with it and would want to change it. I'd like to change my tattoos every so often.

Schabrak

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The fear that a tattoo would be just something we like at the moment would be to great. :P Just like a wallpaper, we would like to change it every now and then.

I have to say that asian symbols/characters are quiet unimaginative, just as tribals or something from a current show/movie/series. The percentage, that I would hate me later on is at 120%.^^

alice&uncas

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't ever plan on getting a tattoo in my lifetime, but if I did I would get a tattoo of a geisha, sakura, wolf, native american, and a cross.

Bleach3720

Reaction score
Country
United States

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Woah. Dude! That is one serious-looking tatt! I like it!

Must've taken a while to get the layering/colouring done!? Did you base that tatt on a particular Bleach picture/wallpaper or was it a custom design altogether?

Looks pretty impressive! :thumbs

Bleach3720

Reaction score
Country
United States
It was a custom design by this tattoo artist whats really funny I wanted a space marine from Warhammer 40k but he was like, it would not fit the feel of the tatt so 45 mins for outline and 3 hours for shading and tada!! magic and guy was light handed also so it turned out real nice. It was the artists first piece like this he ever done so yea was great thank you^^.

warbandit66

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has to be said that looks pretty damn sweet. It looks like a Japanese Yakuza tattoo. Did the artist use similar techniques to the Japanese ones where they put the ink deep under the skin?

Bleach3720

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Reply to warbandit66

Nope just normal tattoo gun at his shop I have seen his work on my boys before so I knew he was phenomenal, he did the design and everything, also I plan on going to Japan to get stationed there lol hope Yakuza do not get offended I be like noooo!!! I just love bleach its just an anime haha.

Also I am a little bit familiar with tattoo techniques from Japan but I am pretty sure he does it deep but he is light handed at it but as far as I know he just that good.

Last edited:

p1xel

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
I could get a permament tattoo, they are cool.But I think it`s painful^^
Nice tatto,Bleach3720:P

Bleach3720

Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn I am thinking of getting another tattoo to add to my half sleeve anyone have any suggestions of what to get please let me know looking for some good suggestions

steelwingcrash1

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Inasmuch as I want to have a tattoo on, the school does not allow both teachers and students to have tattoos...

Probably this coming summer I might have one myself, then remove it around June.

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I can't understand how people can make tatoo,a friend of my brother,asked a tatoo for his birthday,but he wasn't fine. tatoo,such as cigarettes is useless,it's make just people sufferying!

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I can't understand how people can make tatoo,a friend of my brother,asked a tatoo for his birthday,but he wasn't fine. tatoo,such as cigarettes is useless,it's make just people sufferying!
Not really... that's just your opinion about it. To some people it's a way of life. Just like I could say 'I don't understand how people could drive cars, it's useless and people just suffer'! It's just an opinion, not fact. ^^;

Personally, I'm trying to decide whether I will get another one or not. Because it's permanent it's a big decision and I'm kinda happy with the 2 I have now. If I do get another one, it'd be after something meaningful has happened to me, and it'll be something small, around my ankle/wrist. I'm in no hurry. :amuse
Like this, but without the stars in the background.

Inasmuch as I want to have a tattoo on, the school does not allow both teachers and students to have tattoos...

Probably this coming summer I might have one myself, then remove it around June.
That seems a little... silly. I mean, tattoo removal is incredibly expensive and painful. Not to mention getting the tattoo itself is painful and expensive. Honestly, it'd be better to wait, or to get one in an area teachers can't see. For example- my stomach tattoo cannot be seen unless I take my top off- which would never happen at school.

Last edited:

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Not really... that's just your opinion about it. To some people it's a way of life. Just like I could say 'I don't understand how people could drive cars, it's useless and people just suffer'! It's just an opinion, not fact. ^^;

Personally, I'm trying to decide whether I will get another one or not. Because it's permanent it's a big decision and I'm kinda happy with the 2 I have now. If I do get another one, it'd be after something meaningful has happened to me, and it'll be something small, around my ankle/wrist. I'm in no hurry.
To drive cars isn't useless: it simplifies the life,allows you to go somewhere quicly and effortlessly. Of course there are drawbacks: for examples the cost of the fuel and the pollution,and the fact that you,driving,don't use bikes and don't go for a walk,then you neglect physical activity . But this isn't for the tatoos, they haven't got a true(phisical) utility,except a moral one,they have just got drawbacks. rather than with machines you should have did the comparison with the smoke...

steelwingcrash1

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Oh, I was talking about the semi-permanent tattoos (not the permanent one). It only lasts for a couple of months, until it somewhat fades away. Then I have to go back and have it removed completely. It doesn't hurt that much from what my friend, who has one, told me.

I'm not talking about henna, guys. It's semi-permanent tattoo. That same friend of mine has it and is inviting me to have one. But I can't because I'm still in school.

Enola

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, I was talking about the semi-permanent tattoos (not the permanent one). It only lasts for a couple of months, until it somewhat fades away. Then I have to go back and have it removed completely. It doesn't hurt that much from what my friend, who has one, told me.

I'm not talking about henna, guys. It's semi-permanent tattoo. That same friend of mine has it and is inviting me to have one. But I can't because I'm still in school.
I've never heard about such tattoos so I can't not to reply here, even if this thread is old :derp Are they so good and beautiful as the permanent ones? And what about prices, are they so expensive as the permanent tattoos? :zomg
Personally I adore tattoos but the fact that they're permanent stops me from making one at least on my body...:s But if I decide to do this finally, I think that it'll be smth with trees like here http://stylemann.com/best-tree-tattoo-designs/ , I adore their beauty and different symbolic meanings! :eyeroll I think that this one for example could be the best for me :^_^

Kiraih

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I have few tattoos and I'm getting more of em. Everyone of em is designed by me and will have somekind of meaning/story related to my life. Very personal stuff. Next appointment is due may, and after that I will have almost half of my sleeve tattooed. I prefer old school style, and I dont want anything else to my skin atm. I wont be posting any pics atm since they have also very personal infomation (related to my son for example) that i dont want to post to the internet.