Discussion - The Village | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Village

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Senkuu ran into a girl Kohaku, whom he later learned was from a civilization which had formed their home in a village somewhere not too far from the main land. The village so far consists of 40 people. But, unlike Senkuu, they show no possession of any prior scientific knowledge. Are they descendants of some who had long ago broken out of petrification, or could they have originated from some who escaped the previous disaster altogether?

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
One thing that Senkuu didn't consider is that there may have been some folks who were immune to the initial wave and managed to procreate and keep some semblance of population until now. However, it being over 3000 years into the future with no organized society or technology, knowledge of that stuff may have been lost as time went by, until they could only fashion the crudest of things. Especially if we consider that only everyday people were the only ones who were immune. Hell, even with scientists and engineers who would be around in the first generation, what point would there be in writing this stuff down if your current thoughts are only about immediate survival?

I also wonder if they are going to bring up the language thing. 3000 years is a long time, so I'd expect major changes in the language, but the Villagers are speaking in a manner that Senkuu can understand.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
New One thing that Senkuu didn't consider is that there may have been some folks who were immune to the initial wave and managed to procreate and keep some semblance of population until now. However, it being over 3000 years into the future with no organized society or technology, knowledge of that stuff may have been lost as time went by, until they could only fashion the crudest of things. Especially if we consider that only everyday people were the only ones who were immune. Hell, even with scientists and engineers who would be around in the first generation, what point would there be in writing this stuff down if your current thoughts are only about immediate survival?
But if you really think about it, the only thing the villagers are unaware of is Science. They seem to be solely dependent on nature for their survival (Evidenced by Kohaku getting hot water for Ruri daily) They've gotten by all this time well enough without Science, and still have the common sense to do things like dress and eat, I'd say they're not too badly off.
Survival doesn't seem to be a prerequisite with them, they just live how they deem fit.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
So we have a bit more information about the village especially in regards to the customs determining the chief and also the role of the priestess in preserving the records. But most interestingly the village now seems to have a direct connection with Senkuu's family. What do you all think is the relationship between the Ishigami family and the village?

I personally can't make an elaborate guess at this point. It's possible Senkuu's father and others somehow escaped the petrification and he went on to establish a village with the ancestors of the current villagers. This is the least far-fetched idea I can consider.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
So we have a bit more information about the village especially in regards to the customs determining the chief and also the role of the priestess in preserving the records. But most interestingly the village now seems to have a direct connection with Senkuu's family. What do you all think is the relationship between the Ishigami family and the village?

I personally can't make an elaborate guess at this point. It's possible Senkuu's father and others somehow escaped the petrification and he went on to establish a village with the ancestors of the current villagers. This is the least far-fetched idea I can consider.
I like the idea of this, mostly because it would flesh out Senkuu's father a little more plus give him more of a role outside just helping Senkuu with his Science research.
The part of this theory that bothers me is that if this really happened, shouldn't Senkuu's dad be dead? Or well, long gone. Unless he did something to halt his aging and stay alive for milleniums. For example, started the village, then petrified himself?
I want him to still be alive :pout

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I like the idea of this, mostly because it would flesh out Senkuu's father a little more plus give him more of a role outside just helping Senkuu with his Science research.
The part of this theory that bothers me is that if this really happened, shouldn't Senkuu's dad be dead? Or well, long gone. Unless he did something to halt his aging and stay alive for milleniums. For example, started the village, then petrified himself?
I want him to still be alive :pout
That's not a bad angle to go with. We can also go one generation back and say it was Senkuu's grandfather that started the village? Senkuu's father wasn't shown to be a scientist, just a really supportive dad, so there could be an angle where he takes after his grandfather.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
That's not a bad angle to go with. We can also go one generation back and say it was Senkuu's grandfather that started the village? Senkuu's father wasn't shown to be a scientist, just a really supportive dad, so there could be an angle where he takes after his grandfather.
Yep, this is also what I'm thinking. Something like a great grandfather, Science could be something that has been passed along througout the family line. For some reason or another Senkuu's dad didn't want to pursue the same line as his ancestors, so he tried for something different. Also, from this panel here:
Is there a chance that the science that Senkuu's ancestors pursued before could have been chaotic? (I know you said this but im stealing it :heh) Because isn't it weird? A village made by a scientist....that has no idea about Science? If you started something wouldn't you want it passed on even to people who you associate with?
There's something that doesn't quite fit here.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Yep, this is also what I'm thinking. Something like a great grandfather, Science could be something that has been passed along througout the family line. For some reason or another Senkuu's dad didn't want to pursue the same line as his ancestors, so he tried for something different. Also, from this panel here:
Is there a chance that the science that Senkuu's ancestors pursued before could have been chaotic? (I know you said this but im stealing it :heh) Because isn't it weird? A village made by a scientist....that has no idea about Science? If you started something wouldn't you want it passed on even to people who you associate with?
There's something that doesn't quite fit here.
Yes the way he emphasizes "sincere steady" science instead of just science stands out a bit. If this is hinting at Senkuu's family being responsible for the Stone age then the village should have clues to that. Maybe Ruri and the stories passed on to her will shed some light on it.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Yes the way he emphasizes "sincere steady" science instead of just science stands out a bit. If this is hinting at Senkuu's family being responsible for the Stone age then the village should have clues to that. Maybe Ruri and the stories passed on to her will shed some light on it.
Aye, this is what Im thinking as well. Ruri offering backstory next chapter is going to be :blush This is what I see happening:
Senkuu: Do you guys know about the Stone Age?
Ruri:Stone Age? What's that?
Senkuu: