Software - The Web Browser Thread | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Software The Web Browser Thread

What web/internet browser are you using?

• Google Chrome

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sea Monkey

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Opera

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Safari

• Konqueror

• K-Meleon

• Xombrero

• Netscape

• Maxthon

• Rocket Melt

• Phoenix

• Links

• Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Anyone has any references on the torch browser? I found it a while back and I like that it has a torrent download feature included but how exactly does it compare to other browsers? Cnet would tell me its just adequate at the moment but first hand experiences are always helpful.

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I still use Firefox but it seems Chrome is more popular these days. Chrome seems to be the faster browser but Firefox is more stable, we actually had some problems with Chrome browsers on this site. I guess I'll stick to Firefox until major Chrome problems are fixed and I can fully customize it according to my needs.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I still use Firefox but it seems Chrome is more popular these days. Chrome seems to be the faster browser but Firefox is more stable, we actually had some problems with Chrome browsers on this site. I guess I'll stick to Firefox until major Chrome problems are fixed and I can fully customize it according to my needs.
I stuck with Firefox for some many years until maybe just over a year ago? I slowly moved and adjusted to Chrome, mainly because of its browser speed like you say. Though I do miss Firefox's near endless customisability potential. It felt so weird having to adjust to Chrome after that, there were so many things that were different, especially when it came to this forum and posting.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Chrome is no doubt faster, but I prefer Firefox because of customization.

But Chrome gets a hi5 for giving Gary BSoD. :derp

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
My Firefox was acting up a while ago. I didn't know why but it often stopped loading/working for some minutes and then got normal again. That was the first since I used Firefox when I first knew internet. Never happened with Chrome, but I still prefer Firefox anyway. It's simple and easy. Not that Chrome isn't, but I'm just used to it already. :P

roma

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Ever since I tried Opera I've been using it as my primary browser. It's fast and most of the tools I needed are already integrated into the browser (eg: mail client, notes, dragonfly). It doesn't have the same amount of addons like what Mozilla has but I can live with that.

Of course I keep other browsers as well for testing purposes: chrome, firefox, safari and IE. It would seem chrome has replaced firefox as the top browser of choice now.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
My Firefox was acting up a while ago. I didn't know why but it often stopped loading/working for some minutes and then got normal again. That was the first since I used Firefox when I first knew internet. Never happened with Chrome, but I still prefer Firefox anyway. It's simple and easy. Not that Chrome isn't, but I'm just used to it already. :P
Something similar has been happening to me. At random firefox would just stop working for a bit and then it would start up again. I almost changed to chrome for that but it seems like the problem has been kinda resolved.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I used to be a long time Firefox user but I switched into Chrome around early last year. I did not customize my Firefox that much, so I always think that Chrome's simplicity is preferable for me personally. Besides, my personal experience says that Chrome is faster; it does not take a long time for the apps to open, and it rarely slows down when it opens a heavy-content website.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I think most people would agree that Chrome is fast, faster than Minato even. :teehee

Also, a picture that I thought was inappropriate for this thread.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Something similar has been happening to me. At random firefox would just stop working for a bit and then it would start up again. I almost changed to chrome for that but it seems like the problem has been kinda resolved.
I wonder if it's because the update? This never happened before. I'm using Chrome right now but I hope it won't go strange again when I use it tomorrow. XD

I used to be a long time Firefox user but I switched into Chrome around early last year. I did not customize my Firefox that much, so I always think that Chrome's simplicity is preferable for me personally. Besides, my personal experience says that Chrome is faster; it does not take a long time for the apps to open, and it rarely slows down when it opens a heavy-content website.
Honestly I don't know much about customization as well. Only thing I did was choosing a theme for my browsers. I barely installed any applications or such (except the basic standard ones like flash player maybe). Speed wise from my experience I don't really see difference between my Chrome and Firefox, but maybe also because I don't really open heavy-content websites or something like that.

Knifeshade

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Chrome.

But for the love of god, why is there still no disable gif animation function. Firefox had that since 3.0 (which I've been spoiled by). FFS, even Google's stock Android browser has the option to disable.

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I have been using Firefox for years now. For few months, I tried Chrome as well but I find Firefox somehow more complete. It must be more about being used to it. In terms of performance, I was playing few zynga games and Chrome was my primary source. However, it wasn't a good experience. Those games run better on Firefox. At least, Firefox showed more stability. Chrome crashed a number of times.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I use Firefox I tested Chrome and it is faster but I don't like its omnibox.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I had recently changed to google chrome completely but for some reason I started having performance issues and had to change back to firefox. Pages wouldn't open or would take too long for the most part while on firefox the same page worked flawlessly. I think it has something to do with flash but I haven't actually fully checked that out yet...

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
chrome because it's easy to synchronize tablet - smartphone & pc with it.
I was using firefox before on pc & dolphin on tablet.

I still think that dolphin is the most adapted to a "touch" interface.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Was very nearly converted to Opera Next until WTF NO BOOKMARKS?

I really like the rest of it, I really do. But I live by my bookmarks and there's no way I can manually export every single one of my links from that-which-often-breaks-down Chrome.

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
There are bookmars, they just decided to change it's name to "stash".

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
There are bookmars, they just decided to change it's name to "stash".
Well yeah I realise, and they do look nice really. But how can I export my old bookmarks from elsewhere to this Opera? That's what gets at me :oh

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Does your Opera have Bookmarks tab? Open it and show me what it says.

I should tell you that I'm playing a guessing game based on my Firefox though. :oh