The X-Men 3: The Last Stand Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The X-Men 3: The Last Stand Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i didnt spoil myself at all. Thank god, except for one spoiler that was obvious because it was a contractual thing

how cool was it when the sentinal was attacking them? man, i wish they had them in the movie but i guess it was less about humans versus mutants as it was mutants versus mutants

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I can't, DZ =( You're a global. LoL.

And yeah, Neo,
the Danger Room was a cool touch, and it was nice that they were able to get the Sentinels as a sidenote at least (if they never make any more X-Men films, anyway.)

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
well they are making a wolverine film but his story has little to do with anything in our spoilers

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah, Spider-Man 3 and Wolverine coming out next year, that'll be fun. :)

It'd be cool if they just concentrated on certain X-characters in solo feature films from now on, they do all have interesting stories of their own. There's a Magento movie coming out, so what the heck.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
i just wish they would delve into the darker parts of the x-series like AoA and the actual phoenix saga and stuff, but beggars cant be choosers. Venom in spidey 3 here i can

Daioten

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Venom's going to be in Spiderman 3? SWEET! :smile-big My excitement for that movie just tripled.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
he has been confirmed by some of the actors but ill wait till the previews and stuff

Daioten

Reaction score
Country
United States

got this off the spiderman 3 site. :clap

..wonder if that's the venom suit..

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
that is my desktop. I hope it isnt his suit. I would like it to be a little more alive considering it is basically a semi-sentient being. However, this is the x-men thread. We should shift talk back to that

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
This is the last off-topic post about Spider Man 3, but did you guys notice Venom might be displayed in Spidey's eye there in that wallpaper, lunging out at Spidey? Anyway, that is supposed to be his black and white suit, which I liked in the comics... buuuut it's way too similar to his red and blue suit in the movies so I'm not that crazy about it. And yeah, Venom is confirmed to be in the movie, along with Sandman. I'm really curious to see how the director juggles the two villians, and also the Harry Osborn subplot, all at the same time...

Anyway, back to X-Men 3. Already wanting to see it again, this might be the first X-Men movie that can hold up to multiple viewings.

Daioten

Reaction score
Country
United States
speaking of that... i actually went back and saw it again today. :p some friends invited me and i decided i might as well go see the extra scene at the end. I don't regret seeing it twice.:smile-big

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
i wish i had known about it. I hate when movies do that...

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Got around to watching it.

Well, I enjoyed it. XD What with all my tantrum, I liked it.

Shocked with what Brett Ratner did Taking the risk of this (he probably knew the storyline already when he accepted the job) and he caught the emotional parts really well. ^_^

Xavier's final scene - best scene imo.

Why?

Just because :P I loved the dialogue, and the talk between the Phoenix and Charles was captured really well. Magneto. Ian McKellen outshined everyone in this film. XD Famke Janssen next. I liked how Magneto still sees Charles as his old friend (vice versa too) and respects him a whole deal. That scene where John says he could've killed Xavier if he was ordered to, proves just that. XD

Anyway, Next fave scenes for me were Kitty/Juggernaut, Angel, Scott's last scene, and most of all, the last fight. Action filled was more here than the other two movies, which is why I enjoyed this alot. The fight between Callisto and Storm was lol. XD I liked it. It was like, bitch fight with fast punches and electricity. XD

Logan's scenes were normal Logan scenes. They were awesome, but you get the feeling that this is what Wolverine always does. Nothing surprising either. Which pissed me. XD I wished they were more. XD

Bobby turning ice! HELL YESH! Always waiting for that. But I wish he had the Ice Slide attack. Still, good enough. SAd that this is the last movie. Would have hoped for more.

Also Angel's scene when he was still a young boy.

I also liked the storyline. The mutant cure. I remember that X Men was created to mirror the real world problems. Racism.

Basically, this movie teaches us a lesson. In a way. XD You've seen people wanting to be from anothe background because they want to fit it. Of course, Rogue's mutation lead her to no choice but to take it and blah blah, which is different in the real world case. But you get my point.

Would you want to be different from what you really are, to be what everyone else is?

Anyway.

What I didn't like it the movie:

Cyclops dying. T_____T Just a bit too much for me, I suppose. It really is the 'last' stand. I'm not sure how it will be without a Scott Summers.

Rogue choosing the cure over her powers. The 'real' Rogue wouldn't have taken it. She was proud to be what she was.

Okay. Basically, those two reasons were somewhat because I loved the comics, so you can igonore it.

Here's a reasonable one. Lack of major characters. Cyclops, Rogue, Piotr 'Tinman' Collosus, Angel, etc. You get me. Of course,

Cyclop's would be because James Marsden was working on Superman.

So the writers are forgiven for that. Rogue? Why...did she have to take the cure before the fight. She was downgraded to a minor chara.

Piotr. The poor guy had only one line throughout the movie, not to mention bad skin. << That...was just bad. Horrible CG. XD

[edit]

Found out it was a body suit. o.o Well no wonder it sucked.

[/edit]

Angel, new character = nothing much to do in the movei except save his father. And fly around. (although his scnes were quite cool)

And I wish Mystique wasn't just left like that. I mean, I get why Magneto left her, but the storyline left her too. :yelling

Back to the ups!! :nuts

I forgot about this.

Beast! I was shocked! XD He was amazing. XD The three people who owned the movie were Ian McKellen, Famke Janssen and Frasier himself, Kelsey Grammer. The guy's voice is great. So are his expressions. I also liked the kid who played as Leech. XD Just found him really cool. It was sad how he was longing for the outside world. That scene when he was watching Angel fly away was just cool. XD

And like what Mentos said once, the funniest part in the movie had to be the fact that the cure was just temporary. XD

Tiny things I noted in the movie:

Spike. No not the asian guy. I know he's Quill. I meant the guy who fought Logan. I remember Spike was only a made up character for the X Men: Evolution cartoons. But he...is so the opposite. o.o Spike was actually Ororo's nephew in the cartoon. XD Weird.

[edit]

Okay. Found out that he was from the X Static comic. XD

[/edit]

The Sentinels they fought with in the Danger Room...had two types of eyes. >_>;; One which is round and kyut, and one which looks mean. Random, I know.

Oh, and I have to say, the Danger Room scene. Logan trying to light his cigar. LOL. Stupid, but funny. XD The Fastball thing was just weird, but oh well. XD

And Beast's most famous line! I almost died!! I was happy green creature then! XD Oh my stars and garters!

Characters I wish would've gotten a bigger role:

Jamie Madrox a.k.a Multiple Man. One of my most fave charas. Too bad he got caught. XD

Leech: I just liked the kid. >_>;; Better looking than a green creature. *cough* Course, green is still cool in my books.

Moira McTaggert: Kyehehe. Cameo!! XD

Callisto: She was pretty cool. XD Though..her powers were differrent. o.O so, I'm kinda weirded out. XD

Last credit scene: He's alive! ALIVE! ALIIIIIIII~~VE! *Frankenstein style*

Made me feel better.

Okay, so I've read spoilers long back, but I always have this...'hope' even if I know it's all gone. And I still enjoyed that scene like anyone else would have. Gave me relief..even if I already knew about it. XD

Ooohh! And I was happy with the Storm scenes. XD She flew!FLEWFLEWFLEW!! I was soo happy! XD HAlle Berry wasb't so bad, really. I was quite impressd. ^_^

Logan/Ororo interactions were quite cool too. Although I don't get why Ororo is always the lady he hurts. >_>;

Thoughts on Jean/Logan:

I didn't believe that Jean loved him more than she loved Scott. That was obvious during the last movie. She had already chosen. AlthoughI believe she did hold back a bit (yeah, I'm replying to GK's post, too lzt to quote it). That's because she wanted him to kill her. So the real Jean held back the Phoenix a bit, just so Logan can get to her.

Although Logan saying 'I love you' shocked me a wee bit. XD
Yah.

Well. I wanna watch it again. ^_^

[edit]

Hmm...weird. Quill...was listed as Kid Omega in the credits. o.O

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
watched it too its a nice movie

But the scene with this angel guy rescuing his dad was so predictable...damn a few secs befor i thought "ok how long will it take until angel shows up to save his dad" and a few ses later...tataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

anyway i enjoyed it

ps gk remove me from that spoiler thing whatever you did xD it didnt worked ^^

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I already did, destinator - I know what I did wrong, though. But when I saw your post where you said you would stay out anyway, I didn't bother fixing it :) I think it's working for Rampage at the moment, though.

Nihongaeri

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
My thoughts...

-The whole story felt a bit more contrived than the first two, but still pretty entertaining.
-Kelsey Grammer obviously the perfect casting for the beast.
-Golden Gate Bridge, WTF? I mean there were like 30-40 mutants altogether (or something like that), so wasn't there, you know, maybe a tad bit less flamboyant way to invade the island? I don't know... Maybe a street car or two, or something like that? No?
-Cyclops! Dude!
You'd think they could have built up his death a bit more somehow.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I think we're safe going without spoiler tags now. It's been long enough.

Dragonzair said:
I didn't believe that Jean loved him more than she loved Scott. That was obvious during the last movie. She had already chosen. AlthoughI believe she did hold back a bit (yeah, I'm replying to GK's post, too lzt to quote it). That's because she wanted him to kill her. So the real Jean held back the Phoenix a bit, just so Logan can get to her.

Although Logan saying 'I love you' shocked me a wee bit. XD
Yah.
I think it's more that Phoneix would've chosen Logan, and since Jean Grey also liked Logan a lot, and cumulatively they just cared more for Logan than Scott. Sure, Jean Grey ("the good girl") chose Scott, but Phoenix cared nothing about him.

Nihongaeri said:
-Golden Gate Bridge, WTF? I mean there were like 30-40 mutants altogether (or something like that), so wasn't there, you know, maybe a tad bit less flamboyant way to invade the island? I don't know... Maybe a street car or two, or something like that? No?
Amen... that did strike me as a pretty ridiculous scene. Also, all of these diverse mutant powers, they couldn't have figured out a less conspicious route?

On the positive side, I did like Multiple Man's trick. Cool character.

-Cyclops! Dude! You'd think they could have built up his death a bit more somehow.
Definitely agreed there. I don't mind his death as much as I did the seemingly "let's just do it quick" approach they took to it. At first I thought he'd come back, and thought that the entire movie up to when Phoenix died. Then I was like "ah man, he's gone." I thought the same for Xavier, too. One thing's for sure though, they did stuff I never imagined they would do, and I guess sometimes that does make for more emotional depth than your typical superhero movie. But man, I'm with ya man, Cyke deserved better.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
couldnt jean have just taken them across? she just seemed like a side note for most of the fucking film

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Alllllrighty...

What was with all the killing/disabling of characters? They introduce a bunch, then only let half of them actually do something. :/

First Scott, then Xavier, then Rogue, then Multiple Man. Then Jean stands on the sideline forever, and Angel is nothing but a symbolic character.

I really think they could have picked better mutants in the brotherhood. why have Callisto, Quill (or whatever) and Arclight when you can have Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and The Blob?

Juggernaut = worst accent ever.

A good deal of corny moments.. :/ Especially "Charles always wanted to build bridges". bleh.

The political message was kind of messy. The "take a stand" stuff reminded me of Bush's "with us or against us" standing.
As for the cure, I found it odd that Rogue took it, to fit in. Mutants have always been a metaphore for minorities that are being discriminated agains't, so what does it say when Rogue does what she does?

Killing Cyclops? What was that about? Okay, it showed how much jean had twisted, but I found it kind of wrong that Logan should be the one to dive in and tell her that he loved her. I also missed the spark between him and Logan, and his leadership talents later in the movie.

Again, Angel should have been something more than just a role that showed that mutants were humans too.

I also missed Mystique later in the movie, another great character wasted. Cool nude scene though. <.<

Did Logan just stop caring about his past? That was an overlaying theme in the first one, and the main focus of the second, but nada here.

Colossus = lousy metal. :(

It was a little odd when they released multiple Man and he was like "OH YEAH I BURN FOR YOUR CAUSE!" the moment he stepped out of his cell.

Now, good points!

Exceptional coolness in the X-Men group.
Beast won everything. Holy shitness what a great performance.
Wolverine also kicked ass, especially in the forest fight.
Colossus was really cool when he actually did something (but vhere vas the rrushann akcent?)
Shadowcat totally owned Juggsy. ^___^ I've always loved how she manages in a fight even though she is about the only X-man with a more passive ability, that is more stealthy than fighty.
Bobby went full ice! Yay! Now we only lack the slide....
Stoooorm! all flyish and lightningish and yay!

Phoenix power was cool, even though the excuse was kinda lame. ^^;

Hints of romance between Storm and Beast, and the Rogue/Iceman/Shadowcat love triangle. ^__^

The bridge scene was cool, really epic, but they shouldn't have featured it so much in the trailer, so it would be more of a surprise.

FASTBALL SPECIAL!

Danger room thing was cool, especially that hint at Sentinels. (LOL at the cigar)

(maybe more to come in editing after I remember them

Overall, an okay film. ^__^ I would probably think it crap if not for the fanboy in me. :D

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
just curious, why is the spoiler in your sig a spoiler anyway?

I think that if anyone would have taken the cure among the x-men it would have been rogue. She is always always portrayed as an overtly sexual person (of course in the comics) that is actually very broken and fragile inside that longs for the simple things that she cant have as a mutant. I dont really like how they handled her character in the films.

They had to write out cyclops for contractual reasons and i think that was the best way to do it even if it was abrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.