Games - The Zelda Thread! | Page 28 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Zelda Thread!

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I just can't visualize all the flying dicks that there will be XD
Thank Satan there isn't an online mode. Remembering the early days of EAs Spore.

(Which for all the young-uns was a game were the users created the creatures you'd see in the world. 90% of them were flying dicks.)

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Simply perfect. Holy shit the the chills I got.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
For a second I wondered if they were bringing back demise, which seems problematic from a lore perspective, but then they pretty much revealed ganon. I am curious as to how the events of the previous game lead to ganon's revival. You'd think it would be impossible for a few hundred years at least but it seems like they were thoroughly ineffective at dealing with him.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
For a second I wondered if they were bringing back demise, which seems problematic from a lore perspective, but then they pretty much revealed ganon. I am curious as to how the events of the previous game lead to ganon's revival. You'd think it would be impossible for a few hundred years at least but it seems like they were thoroughly ineffective at dealing with him.
That was definitely Demise; given the Master Sword has looked eroded/destroyed maybe that allows Demise to return through Ganondorf's plot

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
But... demise was supposedly deleted and ganondorf, his hatred/curse is what endures. It's a bit weird that demise could return even if the master sword is destroyed. I suppose maybe time travel shenanigans and more timelines could do the trick though, there's evidence that to begin with the BOTW game is a combination of all timelines... As there are references to all games.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
But... demise was supposedly deleted and ganondorf, his hatred/curse is what endures. It's a bit weird that demise could return even if the master sword is destroyed. I suppose maybe time travel shenanigans and more timelines could do the trick though, there's evidence that to begin with the BOTW game is a combination of all timelines... As there are references to all games.
That's not exactly right, he was defeated and his remains were sealed within the master sword to decay. He did indeed curse them with the endless cycle of incarnations of his hatred (Ganon(dorf)), but given his remains were sealed in the sword, I think there's the chance something fucky happens with the sword. We've already seen that in BOTW it could break which I always thought odd, so maybe this ends up being a case of having to reforge the sword in a callback to Skyward Sword?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
That's not exactly right, he was defeated and his remains were sealed within the master sword to decay. He did indeed curse them with the endless cycle of incarnations of his hatred (Ganon(dorf)), but given his remains were sealed in the sword, I think there's the chance something fucky happens with the sword. We've already seen that in BOTW it could break which I always thought odd, so maybe this ends up being a case of having to reforge the sword in a callback to Skyward Sword?
The master sword doesn't break, rather it temporarily loses it's power (at least that's the in game logic iirc). Which is not too weird considering how many games there are where you go through great lengths to restore the sword. In wind waker it lost it's luster or something to that effect, in tp it's strengthened by sols... I suppose it is the first time in a game where the sword is destroyed though. I wonder if perhaps this games tackles a bit of a plot hole from skyward sword. In SS demise is destroyed in the present by having the goddess statue fall on him. Which causes ghirahim to travel back in time where he can release past demise. So what we have is:

1.- Present demise was destroyed. Present ghirahim travels to the past and becomes past demise's sword.
2.- Past demise was defeated and sealed within the master sword. The master sword which contains past demise's body is taken to the future.
3.- Past ghirahim presumably is left intact in a new timeline.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Haven't bought the game yet. But I will this weekend or maybe next month.

I just can't visualize all the flying dicks that there will be XD

:lmao

I managed to avoid spoilers but someone showed me this :XD.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Haven't bought the game yet. But I will this weekend or maybe next month.
:lmao
I managed to avoid spoilers but someone showed me this :XD.
AHAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA.

I'm having a hard time working and being with my family while wanting to play this game 24/7.

It's such a fantastic game, god.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I don't really want to discuss this because I'm afraid of spoilers/spoiling, but I need to get it out of my system.

Time travel, right? The whole main "mystery" is related to time travel and it's painfully obvious the moment you leave the tutorial zone. And time travel is so hard to pull off in any form of fiction. I really, really hope they do it well. Because otherwise the game is so amazing this far.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't really want to discuss this because I'm afraid of spoilers/spoiling, but I need to get it out of my system.

Time travel, right? The whole main "mystery" is related to time travel and it's painfully obvious the moment you leave the tutorial zone. And time travel is so hard to pull off in any form of fiction. I really, really hope they do it well. Because otherwise the game is so amazing this far.
Hmm, yeah, but LoZ is no stranger to that. The games of the main series almost invariably feature it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ok, I've played the game a fair bit, it's quite good. Personally I find the whole construction thing a bit tedious. I also feel like I've barely grasped weapon fusions even though I've covered at least half of the story (I haven't read any guides so I am not sure of how much there is ahead). I still have to figure out what actually makes for more efficient fusions. My favorite weapon fusion so far, though it has subpar damage, is spear spear. The range on the thing is absurd.

On the timeline:
Just to be clear, I might be missing some story elements. What I have pieced together is this (though the conclusions might change)
- Ganondorf in this game probably isn't demise. He simply looks like him due to having his powers amplified by the tear.
- The game's flashback events probably happen after skyward sword. As in, queen sonia is probably SS zelda's descendant.
- It's a bit of a letdown that SS zelda an link don't become the founders of hyrule as we know it.

Hopefully I complete the story this weekend.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I have played for a while now, becoming quite a fanatic. I'm not a good engineer, but I do love the things I have to create. I know there is always some wacky solutions for everything, but I do enjoy trying to figure out the "correct" way.

And I already have my favorite fusion, almost any sword with Blue Lizalfos horn.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Damnnnn so much to do in the Kingdom. Goodbye summer :')

Sharing kkck's sentiment on the tediousness of contructing shit. However, the Addison poll riddles I enjoy a lot. For weapon fusion, I am very stingy with my monster parts, because I havent unlocked the main fairies yet.

Progression wise I think I am not very far got the wind, fire and water vows, have been exploring the northern, eastern sides of the map so far, not the hyroglyphs yet though, where I am guessing the story pieces are behind.

But is very nice game, familiar yet adventures, known yet strange. Definitely not DLC size, pretty overwhelming even.

but jfk...

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm stealing some of those contraptions.

Brights~Night

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Damnnnn so much to do in the Kingdom. Goodbye summer :')

Sharing kkck's sentiment on the tediousness of contructing shit. However, the Addison poll riddles I enjoy a lot. For weapon fusion, I am very stingy with my monster parts, because I havent unlocked the main fairies yet.

Progression wise I think I am not very far got the wind, fire and water vows, have been exploring the northern, eastern sides of the map so far, not the hyroglyphs yet though, where I am guessing the story pieces are behind.

But is very nice game, familiar yet adventures, known yet strange. Definitely not DLC size, pretty overwhelming even.

but jfk...

People are waaay too creative :blink I can't even attach the wheels evenly lol

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
What do you guys think of the story so far?