Theory - Theories about characters | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Theories about characters

Star Frost

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have this theory that Rebecca and Shiki's Ether Gears are related to each other.

So, as we know, Rebecca’s Ether Gear is Cat Leaper. The power that allows her to rewind time.

So far, Rebecca has shown to rewind time back in a few seconds ago, and back in 7 days. However, Rebecca can’t willingly go far back in time like she did before when she rewind time back in 7 days, but can only do so for only a few seconds back.

Which brings the question, how is it she can go so far back in time by a week like she did before, but can’t seem to do it again past a few seconds back? Well, that leads up to a break down of information and events that support my theory.

If you remember back in Chapter 132, Xenolith referred to Rebecca as "girl captivated by gravity".
Rebecca and many of us thought he was referring to her having feelings for Shiki. That could be the case but what if he means something more than that? Remember back in Chapter 125 when he was explaining to Shiki about the true power of gravity? One of the statements he made of how it's the weight of the heart is by attracting a young woman from the future.
And who is the young woman we all know of that came from the future (or in other words, rewind time from the future)? Perhaps this could be more of what Xenolith mean when he referred to Rebecca as the girl captivated by gravity. This also can explain more of what Drakken means when he said that Shiki is Rebecca's key to unlocking her powers after he mentioned what Ether Gear he wields.
Furthermore, back in Chapter 84, right before Rebecca's Ether Gear activated, she was crying over her crew who she named that she wanted to see. Shiki was the last person she named out and the only one that was shown in one of the panels that can be assumed he's the only one who she pictured in her mind. And immediately after that is when her Ether Gear activated.
While she was going back in time, she noted how heavy she felt, like something's pulling on her, and wondered if it's gravity.
Next thing Rebecca knows, she wakes up 7 days in the past. And once again, we are informed that Rebecca can activate her Cat Leaper to only go back a few seconds in time. With all this being said, I believe Shiki's gravity is the reason why Rebecca was able to time leap 7 days in the past. I believe his gravity helped her overpower her limit from a few seconds in the past, to the day he was alive and well that she desperately wanted to see him in, which is how her Ether Gear became activated at the time. In conclusion, I think we will see an interesting power interaction between these two.

Last edited:

yutu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
small hypothesis after meeting mother. After Rebecca plays her video of her meeting with Mother. Because of this video, mother has a lot of adventurer visits, not having peace of mind since that video, she decides to destroy all the cosmos

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
One of Feather, Holy or Cure are a traitor and is working for 1 of the unknown OSG.

Firnfiction

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I'm somewhat getting the vibes that Shiki and Ziggy, could essentially be the same entity, probably involved in some time loop. Ziggy could have met Mother and have himself reborn, but instead of actually being reborn, he split his good traits and have them personified into Shiki. So reborn in this sense is to be more evil? As Shiki grew older, he solidifies those traits while they die off from Ziggy. Ziggy could also have lied about giving up his search for Mother just to keep himself lowkey?