Voting Round 1 - Thorfinn Karlsefni vs. Kaname Kuran | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Thorfinn Karlsefni vs. Kaname Kuran

Who wins?

• Thorfinn Karlsefni

• Kaname Kuran

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Vampire Knight is full of shallow characters, while Thorfinn himself is a badass pacifist Viking who is committed to winning every battle without killing someone. One of these men oozes masculinity, and the other has... looks going for him I guess? Since looks aren't everything, I will take the mature lover's choice, Thorfinn.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Age didn't matter for vampires because they're immortals.
Except anyone who might vote for him here is neither a vampire or immortal. :teach

And admit it, a handsome man has a higher chance of getting more female admirers than a male plain Jane. And Kaname doesn't need to buy an eyeliner because he is already perfect.
I resent calling Thorfinn a "male plain jane" though, He might not be as bishie, or a 14 year old's ideal husband, but he is not plain IMO.

Reactions: syx

Bittersweettea

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Except anyone who might vote for him here is neither a vampire or immortal. :teach

I resent calling Thorfinn a "male plain jane" though, He might not be as bishie, or a 14 year old's ideal husband, but he is not plain IMO.
Thorfinn might have some charm on him, I admit, but compared to Kaname he is plain. :cheez

I was talking about him and Yuuki's relationships. Thorfinn lived in Medieval Age so what is he? A 500-year-old grandpa? Can you even hold hands with him without his hand turning into dusts?

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia

He's chislled

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Thorfinn might have some charm on him, I admit, but compared to Kaname he is plain. :cheez

He has yaoi hands... :notamused

I was talking about him and Yuuki's relationships. Thorfinn lived in Medieval Age so what is he? A 500-year-old grandpa? Can you even hold hands with him without his hand turning into dusts?
I was talking about the excuse about him being 10,000 years old stuck in a teenager's body... and you know it :bnah

Reactions: syx

Bittersweettea

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

He has yaoi hands... :notamused

I was talking about the excuse about him being 10,000 years old stuck in a teenager's body... and you know it :bnah
But Yaoi hands are godly. It could make even a girl with a hardest of hearts turn into a Yaoi shipper. Nobody is safe. :sky

But an immortal vampire with a body of a twenty-year-old could hug you as tight as you want. And cuddling. So much cuddling. :gaw

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wow... you do realize he was literally a slave for a large portion of his life? Who lived in the middle ages? :nah
I believe they bathed in the Viking era. Europe stopped after the plague in the 14th Century for some time because bathing meant sharing water with the entire town and wasn’t hygienic.

Vampire Knight is full of shallow characters, while Thorfinn himself is a badass pacifist Viking who is committed to winning every battle without killing someone. One of these men oozes masculinity, and the other has... looks going for him I guess? Since looks aren't everything, I will take the mature lover's choice, Thorfinn.
Viking who doesn’t kill? Sounds like a Scandinavian Kenshin.

Hum... I don’t know anything about Thorfinn and haven’t gotten a post on his background and why he’s husbando besides being a historic sterotype. :s

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I believe they bathed in the Viking era. Europe stopped after the plague in the 14th Century for some time because bathing meant sharing water with the entire town and wasn’t hygienic.
He was a thrall, and before that a mercenary/assassin. I don't care whether bathing was a thing back then or not, he wasn't living in a situation that lent itself to modern hygienic standards, which was my point. :verily

Hum... I don’t know anything about Thorfinn and haven’t gotten a post on his background and why he’s husbando besides being a historic sterotype. :s
Yeah you did

Viking who doesn’t kill? Sounds like a Scandinavian Kenshin.
Thorfinn was a kid driven by revenge after what happened to his father. After that situation "resolved" itself, he found himself forced into thralldom and was humbled and forced to grow up pretty fast. He came out the other side as a very altruistic person who struggled with his past and a renewed desire to find a safe home for his people and the common man. He's as physically capable as anyone else, but his conviction of character is what makes him the most appealing IMO. He doesn't exist in some hackneyed love story we've seen 100x over in manga, he exists in a very real story about real world struggle.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
He was a thrall, and before that a mercenary/assassin. I don't care whether bathing was a thing back then or not, he wasn't living in a situation that lent itself to modern hygienic standards, which was my point. :verily

Yeah you did

Thorfinn was a kid driven by revenge after what happened to his father. After that situation "resolved" itself, he found himself forced into thralldom and was humbled and forced to grow up pretty fast. He came out the other side as a very altruistic person who struggled with his past and a renewed desire to find a safe home for his people and the common man. He's as physically capable as anyone else, but his conviction of character is what makes him the most appealing IMO. He doesn't exist in some hackneyed love story we've seen 100x over in manga, he exists in a very real story about real world struggle.
I meant the posts most people post explaining their husbando with photos in more than 300 words. @Bittersweettea did a long post with photos and I didn’t see one for Thorfinn. For me, I rather see examples to why the husbando is qualified, rather than insulting the other candidate simply due to his heritage.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Didn't Bel nominate Kaname last year?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I meant the posts most people post explaining their husbando with photos in more than 300 words. @Bittersweettea did a long post with photos and I didn’t see one for Thorfinn. For me, I rather see examples to why the husbando is qualified, rather than insulting the other candidate simply due to his heritage.
I don't believe I only insulted the other candidate? It's not meant as insults either, it's just banter for the event. :hmph

I'm sort of working at a deficit as there isn't a ton of Vinland Saga artwork out there, and it's anime has yet to air as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I tried to engage with my opponent and poke fun a little bit, conversely the only thing I've been challenged on is him looking dirty or plain. Not sure what else needs to be said. :lmao

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
It's unfair to compare Thorfinn to Kaname.

Thorfinn is from a Seinen series which has been compared to Berserk and has character development greater than perhaps whole cast of the VK combined.

Yes pipsqueaks I read Vinland Saga and it's one of my favourite manga.

But on the other hand Bitter done an awesome campaign so...I am learning towards Kaname for now(though haven't voted yet).

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I'll just leave this here but Thirfinn'd be a really good daddy (those who follow the series will understand for sure).

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Chose Kaname solely because fuck Thorfinn

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Bittersweettea

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Why does Kaname remind me so much of Lelouch?
Becauss lf the character design? Kaname is from a shoujo manga and the character designers of Code Geass were CLAMP which made many shoujo mangas.

Status
Not open for further replies.