Shounen - Time Paradox Ghostwriter by Kenji Ichima & Tsunehiro Date | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Time Paradox Ghostwriter by Kenji Ichima & Tsunehiro Date

Stivie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This was dumb. This was *extremely* dumb.

Why waste nearly the whole chapter on how Teppei will manage doing White Knight on his own, without reference material, to then suddenly skip ahead six months?!

I wanted to *see* how he did it.

Ugh.
And did he?

The manga may not be doing well.

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
Reaction score
Country
United States
And did he?

The manga may not be doing well.
If it's not doing well, then yeah, it makes sense why they're skipping ahead. Perhaps they're just trying to get to Aino being saved as soon as possible, because they already know they're getting axed.

And it's a shame, because this series had a lot of potential.

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If it's not doing well, then yeah, it makes sense why they're skipping ahead. Perhaps they're just trying to get to Aino being saved as soon as possible, because they already know they're getting axed.

And it's a shame, because this series had a lot of potential.
I'm talking about White Knight, not Time paradox ghostwhiter.

But it can be that too.

Wookitake

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yeah I guess it seems TPGW will be axed soon enough. It really does not make sense to have another timeskip that soon. What is happening to WK? How is the quality of it handling Sasaki's original thought?

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yeah I guess it seems TPGW will be axed soon enough. It really does not make sense to have another timeskip that soon. What is happening to WK? How is the quality of it handling Sasaki's original thought?
Maybe they already want to put Aino as a rival already competing with him.

About the quality of the WK? perhaps it has not yet been resolved.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Maybe they already want to put Aino as a rival already competing with him.

About the quality of the WK? perhaps it has not yet been resolved.
Yep, maybe now they' really wanted to focus on the rivalry.
In regards to the quality, I mean, 6 months after the last Aino chapter is enough, isn't it? That's like 20 chapters.

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yep, maybe now they' really wanted to focus on the rivalry.
In regards to the quality, I mean, 6 months after the last Aino chapter is enough, isn't it? That's like 20 chapters.
In real life, there are manga that do not regain quality after 20 chapters.
See the folks who claim that promised neverland lost quality after the first arc.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
In real life, there are manga that do not regain quality after 20 chapters.
See the folks who claim that promised neverland lost quality after the first arc.
Yes, precisely. We can't be sure if it has...that's why it would be good if they had shown us 😂

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
This should be called Timeskip Ghostwriter. xD
Seriously though we had like 3-4 timeskips already, seems like they really want to rush into the Teppei-Aino rivalry in WSJ. They must have cut a tons of chapters in-between. Feels like they got absolute terrible feedback for ch.1 and the chapters afterwards and are now rushing it as quickly as possible, either in hopes of gaining fans, which like Halloween has pointed out will not win that many favors with them due said cuts meaning missing a lot of stuff, or to get a satisfying ending, sort of.
I think Teppei really needed a human companion for this, someone he could talk to, share this crazy story with and help him create better WK chapters. And then besides the whole Timemachine stuff, it should have done it a bit more "Mangaka" like as like that vertical line stuff he told Aino - we saw nothing of that, just speech bubbles explaining it but like seeing a blank panel and then have Teppei do the technical stuff to create depth and such would have been nice just like how nice it was to see the technicalities in Bakuman. Like Aino was perfect for this role as Teppei's helper and student - she could have helped him gain insight into how she as a ten year younger version might have done it, thus giving him the brainstorms he need to get the crazy ideas he need to make WK WK. And on the other hand Aino could have been shown, and thus us readers as well, how to properly draw manga, create panel flow, plan ahead, keep work environment good with the assistants and so on. And that just isn't happening. All we get is Timemachine spitting out infos and Teppei martyring himself while Aino is side-lined as an assistant and "rival" with all the WK chapters and development of manga and how to properly draw and assistants and Editor - all of that is unused! Remember Hattori as Editor? Like it wasn't boring listening to his critics and why he thinks readers would find this or that confusing or how their new Editor pushed them to do gags and comedy? Like what did this guy do except say "doesn't quite feel like WK", no shit Sherlock, how about you say what exactly is missing that could make this more unconventional as WK is perceived by you, the other Editors and the whole WSK readership in general?

Honestly if those timeskips keep up then this might get an axe even before Bone Collection and that one went seriously rather quickly lately.

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Seriously though we had like 3-4 timeskips already, seems like they really want to rush into the Teppei-Aino rivalry in WSJ. They must have cut a tons of chapters in-between. Feels like they got absolute terrible feedback for ch.1 and the chapters afterwards and are now rushing it as quickly as possible, either in hopes of gaining fans, which like Halloween has pointed out will not win that many favors with them due said cuts meaning missing a lot of stuff, or to get a satisfying ending, sort of.
I think Teppei really needed a human companion for this, someone he could talk to, share this crazy story with and help him create better WK chapters. And then besides the whole Timemachine stuff, it should have done it a bit more "Mangaka" like as like that vertical line stuff he told Aino - we saw nothing of that, just speech bubbles explaining it but like seeing a blank panel and then have Teppei do the technical stuff to create depth and such would have been nice just like how nice it was to see the technicalities in Bakuman. Like Aino was perfect for this role as Teppei's helper and student - she could have helped him gain insight into how she as a ten year younger version might have done it, thus giving him the brainstorms he need to get the crazy ideas he need to make WK WK. And on the other hand Aino could have been shown, and thus us readers as well, how to properly draw manga, create panel flow, plan ahead, keep work environment good with the assistants and so on. And that just isn't happening. All we get is Timemachine spitting out infos and Teppei martyring himself while Aino is side-lined as an assistant and "rival" with all the WK chapters and development of manga and how to properly draw and assistants and Editor - all of that is unused! Remember Hattori as Editor? Like it wasn't boring listening to his critics and why he thinks readers would find this or that confusing or how their new Editor pushed them to do gags and comedy? Like what did this guy do except say "doesn't quite feel like WK", no shit Sherlock, how about you say what exactly is missing that could make this more unconventional as WK is perceived by you, the other Editors and the whole WSK readership in general?

Honestly if those timeskips keep up then this might get an axe even before Bone Collection and that one went seriously rather quickly lately.
If canceled, the authors are not to blame, much less the editors.
It is the fault of those who criticized for a simple and silly reason.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Look ninth place is not a bad position, if it were Undead unluck many would be finding the position optimal.
Time paradox is not the first manga to have multiple time skips in such a short time. Oshi no ko, for example, had 3 Time skips in 11 chapters and there is no one talking about cancellation.

Midak

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
If canceled, the authors are not to blame, much less the editors.
It is the fault of those who criticized for a simple and silly reason.
I mean, it is WSJ... the objective is to capture the readers' attention as soon as possible to keep the series running.
There is nobody to blame, but I feel they failed to reach that objective so far.

The characters are a key component of the success on that magazine. In my opinion, Teppei, the MC, is not very interesting and that does not help.
I do not think plagiarism is the problem people have with the core of the story, but rather that the stakes were not "extreme" enough for Teppei to choose to do so. His motive was a personal dream, but not a "do or die" situation.
Personally, that is not a problem for me, but I feel Japanese culture is more judgmental than mine for such things.

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I mean, it is WSJ... the objective is to capture the readers' attention as soon as possible to keep the series running.
There is nobody to blame, but I feel they failed to reach that objective so far.

The characters are a key component of the success on that magazine. In my opinion, Teppei, the MC, is not very interesting and that does not help.
I do not think plagiarism is the problem people have with the core of the story, but rather that the stakes were not "extreme" enough for Teppei to choose to do so. His motive was a personal dream, but not a "do or die" situation.
Personally, that is not a problem for me, but I feel Japanese culture is more judgmental than mine for such things.
Plagiarism is the problem. Okay, you have a manga where the protagonist is not interesting, I've seen several manga like this and they are successful.
The point is that people can only put a mistake on the protagonist for trying to justify a reason that the Japanese are using to hate or manga.
And not to say that I am defensive only with TPGW, even the manga name of Tamura is going through something similar.

Midak

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Plagiarism is the problem. Okay, you have a manga where the protagonist is not interesting, I've seen several manga like this and they are successful.
The point is that people can only put a mistake on the protagonist for trying to justify a reason that the Japanese are using to hate or manga.
And not to say that I am defensive only with TPGW, even the manga name of Tamura is going through something similar.
I definitely see some similarities in this sense. However, I think that if everything else was strong enough, then these controversies would not be the centre of discussion. Take UxU for example, where even though the first chapters are, let's say, criticizable, it still had other aspects that Japanese readers appreciated.

Anyways, even though the story is running very fast now, I am not sure it is going to be cancelled soon.

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I definitely see some similarities in this sense. However, I think that if everything else was strong enough, then these controversies would not be the centre of discussion. Take UxU for example, where even though the first chapters are, let's say, criticizable, it still had other aspects that Japanese readers appreciated.

Anyways, even though the story is running very fast now, I am not sure it is going to be cancelled soon.
Dude, again, people only see or plagiarize, but there's a lot more to TPGW than just plagiarism.
There are people who criticize without even reading the story, and there is no way to compare it with Undead unluck, after all ecchi is an acceptable thing there (as disgusting as it may be).
If Rain Specter had been silent about TPGW, no one would be arguing about plagiarism or the protagonist.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
10 was such an interesting chapter that improves my view of the series. Seeing current Itsuki have issues is vastly compelling, though found it strange in her case she forgot her time with Teppei and even why she drew. ..i wonder if her experience will help him out.

Still wonder about the robot and the old man. I cant think that he is truly just some random old man.

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
10 was such an interesting chapter that improves my view of the series. Seeing current Itsuki have issues is vastly compelling, though found it strange in her case she forgot her time with Teppei and even why she drew. ..i wonder if her experience will help him out.

Still wonder about the robot and the old man. I cant think that he is truly just some random old man.
Honestly, people's opinions changed a lot overnight, it seems like it was yesterday that the opinions about this manga were very positive.
I still see positive reviews about Time paradox on Twitter far more than here.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The old man is Teppei

Monox D. I-Fly

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
So that's why the main character of White Knight sounds like a Gary Stu: Because from the beginning, it was intended as a manga without personality.

kakilangit

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
lol.. denial.. denial.. denial..
debut on rank 9/15, only better than Zipman, Agrivity, GOTW.. good company you got
than got 9/12.. already bottom 5 in es
Dude, again, people only see or plagiarize, but there's a lot more to TPGW than just plagiarism.
There are people who criticize without even reading the story, and there is no way to compare it with Undead unluck, after all ecchi is an acceptable thing there (as disgusting as it may be).
If Rain Specter had been silent about TPGW, no one would be arguing about plagiarism or the protagonist.
how old are you?