Question - Time travel... | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Time travel...

A_Katz

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok... so I was pondering, and I got a tiny bit stumped on two or three things...
1) Are the DS really +400 years old? Popular belief says the DS are actually 400 years old... but thats really fishy... We know that they were born 400 years ago, but they time traveled, so the technically are still 17. After all their physical appearance did not change at all before and after they went into the portal...
2) What happened to the DS before they went through the portal? If I remember correctly... they were asleep when they went through the portal, woke up and their dragons were gone (inside them), but were they never told what year they were born/living in? Because anyone with common sense would get if they were told it was x350, and they woke up and it was x750, it would seem a little fishy... (OK, I may need to clarify this a bit)
3) If we think about it... is there yet ANOTHER dimension, one thats 400 years behind? What happened 400 years ago once the dragons left? I bet it was somewhere in the manga I just missed it...

So there it is... the 3 things that has me really confused... I HATE TIME TRAVEL!

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
The Dragon Slayers must be above 400 years old. In the Battle of Fairy Tail arc, Natsu and Gajeel couldn't walk trough Freed's enchantment. This enchantment was created to keep Makarov inside the guild hall. Only people who were younger than 100 years (I think it was 100) could pass trough. So this means that Natsu and Gajeel are older than 100, so they can't be 17.

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I really don't know what the point of the thread is or what exactly your trying to get at but, Dragons can manipulate the DS memories so even if they knew it was X3** and woke up in X7** the dragons can just make them think it was X7** to begin with, the only strange thing is why Natsu and Gajell are older than the other 3.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The Dragon Slayers must be above 400 years old. In the Battle of Fairy Tail arc, Natsu and Gajeel couldn't walk trough Freed's enchantment. This enchantment was created to keep Makarov inside the guild hall. Only people who were younger than 100 years (I think it was 100) could pass trough. So this means that Natsu and Gajeel are older than 100, so they can't be 17.
only those 80yrs or younger could go outside, they time travelled so they are 17-19 not 400+ years old, the reason they couldn't leave was because their dragons were over 80+yrs old

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, biologically they would be kids however depending on the logic used by the barrier it makes sense they wouldn't be allowed to pass.