Discussion - Timeline: Jack, Zou, Revolutionaries vs Black Beard | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Timeline: Jack, Zou, Revolutionaries vs Black Beard

weixiaobao

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
In short, tl;dr

-Day 1: Luffy reunited with the crews, head toward Fishman Island. If the Sabaody stuffs took place around the morning time, then sometimes in the descend it was during lunch or later because Luffy and company ate the bentos fixed by Boa Hancock. But they reached Fishman Island on the same day.

-Day 2: The entire Hody incident. What an unlucky bastard, Hody could have wait for Luffy to leave lol. Sort of a moron to enact the plan during Big Mam's monthly candy inspection too (even without Luffy). That evening (I think) Luffy and company had a party at Ryugu palace. Tamago said the tea party is in 4 days or day 6. 2 days in and Luffy had a fued with Big Mam.

-Day 3: (could be part of day 2), Smoker intercepted Hody's slave pirates escaping from Fishman Island. But certainly, there was no bed rest for Luffy like in Dressrosa or following Alabasa, etc. The log post too only took half a day to set (in day 2). The ascent was quick because they got on an undersea current and guided by the whales. From the radio intercept of Caesar Clown's men get cut down by Kinemon and getting to Punk Hazard, didn't take them too long. Punk Hazard took place in a day. Baby 5 and Buffalo didn't take too long to get from Dressrosa to Punk Hazard. Neither was Doflamingo. Probably a few hours of travel or less. Kuzan rescued Smoker and told him to informed Akainu.

-Day 4: On the newspapers, Doflamingo faked his resignation. Supernovas alliances news are also being spread around the world. The meeting at Green Bit was supposed to be 3 in the afternoon. But Dressrosa main events all took place in day 4. (A, B, and C) took place in day 4 and or transition to day 5.

A)
-To note, it took Fujitora less than a day to get from the Headquarter and or wherever he station to Dressrosa. In honesty, if Akainu wanted Luffy. He could easily send another force or he, himself, can come by (which not likely since he is the guy in charge of everything) and still within the bed rest time of Luffy.
-Sanji and company left Dressrosa but ran into Big Mam pirates (2 days since Fishman Island)
-A few hours later, Luffy beat Doflamingo

B)
-Unknown time passed. But probably on the same day that Luffy beat Doflamingo.
-Many groups gather together to go after Luffy/Law
-Sengoku is seen heading toward Dressrosa
-Akainu met with the Elder Stars, and then contacted Fujitora
-Urouge spotted Kaido

C)
-Unknown time passed, probably the night of the day when DD is defeated.
-Sabo left Dressrosa at night time.
-Fujitora decided that night/early morning that he won't be after Luffy for the roll of the dice

D)
-The following day after C
-Sanji and company reached Zou and encounter Kaido's subordinates. There is a hint of an immediate danger from Zou.
-Zou was possibly brought to ruin at about this time.
-Kaido committed suicide. Not sure if the chronology is correct here. Perhaps some of the events from B either took place after C and or Urouge spotted Kaido and the whole suicide sequence took place a day after DD was defeated. And or that whole event really drag out into 2 days. Though it would make some sense, that it take some time for the news agency to get the news of Dressrosa, and then write it out, and then distribute the newspapers. But one thing is for sure, Akainu probably contacted Fujitora on the same day that DD was defeated.
-Kaido's suicide was resulted in an attack on the Kidd's alliance. This took place in the day time.

E)
-3 days after the event in (A, B, C) and 2 days after events in D
-In the Morning
-Sengoku/Tsuru reached Dressrosa and arrested DD
-Anti Law/Luffy group reached Dressrosa
-Fujitora moved into arresting Strawhats
-Strawhat fleet is formed, Luffy group left Dressrosa with Barto
-CP0 investigate warehouse. This is rather weird that they came days after Sabo had already left. The CP0 must have left the island before the bird cage strung up then.
-If Jack was on Zou in D, then he spent about 2 days to get near Dressrosa to intercept Fujitora. This is opposed to say 1 day for Sanji to get from Dressrosa to Zou. But Zou constantly moving and Fujitora may have already had some distance away from Dressrosa.
-Riku mentioned Reverie meeting is coming soon.

F)
-Unknown time passed since Luffy left Dressrosa in E
-Weeble and mom just received the news of Dressrosa. This could be that they are in a far away place? And or forget to read the news of days before? Because it seemed most people already knew about this either on the same day and or the day afterward of Dressrosa incident.
-Weeble decided to go after Luffy. Time travel will be depend because he doesn't know where Luffy is heading toward. So Weeble may end up meeting Luffy after Zou.

G)
-1 week later, and or 10 days after the Dressrosa incident, Barto and Luffy group reached Zou.
-This time travel is way more compare to Sanji or Jack (3 to 7 times longer). However, Zou is constantly moving. And Barto crew doesn't have a navigator.
-Sabo group either just arrive or just arrive a day ago. And or Dragon just arrive at Vertigo. If Sabo just arrive here, then it take some 7 to 9 days to get from Dressrosa to Vertigo.
-Burgess contact the other Black Beard pirates. Who know where they are. If they are close to Dressrosa, then it may took them about a week to get to Vertigo. If they are closer to Vertigo, then less than a week. To be honest, who know. But Black Beard pirates vs Revolutionaries won't take place while Luffy is exploring Zou. (Usually the exploring part took place in 1 day and span out 30 to 40 to near 100 chapters as seen in Dressrosa).
-Buggy learned about Hajrudin quitting to join Luffy.
-The climb up Zou probably took a few hours
-By the time they got up in Zou, it looks like the beginning of sunset. Or that because they really high up, either way, it is in the afternoon. Robin learned that Zou was brought into ruin in the timespan of a week or 2 ago, possibly when Sanji just got to Zou or 9 days ago.

In review,

Day 1: Strawhats reunion/Descend to Fishman Island
Day 2: Fishman island (though day 1 and 2 could have been the same day but I doubt it)
Day 3: Punk Hazard
Day 4: Dressrosa main incident
Day 5: Sanji reached Zou possibly ran into Jack (it make more sense here than being in day 6). Zou probably was brought into ruin at this point. Kaido vs Kidd alliance either took place here or at the end of day 4.
Day 6: Big Mam's tea party
Day 7: Luffy left Dressrosa. Jack intercept Fujitora to rescue Doflamingo.

Unknown time: Weeble beats up Whitebeard pirate allies and decided to target Luffy.

Day 14: Luffy reached Zou. Burgess and Sabo probably arrived at Vertigo.

This meant, the match between Kaido and Kidd's alliance had long been decided. Whether or not Jack sucessfully rescue Doflamingo is also in the past. Same thing with Big Mam's tea party. In the near future, however, is the Reverie meeting. Sabo took a week or more to travel from Dressrosa to Vertigo. So, depend on where the Black Beard pirates are. The showdown between those two force could took place within a week (more or less), so long after Luffy done with Zou.

What fascinating is the travel time from Dressrosa to Zou as seen by Jack (this is assume Jack was on Zou), Sanji, and Barto group. Sanji group was the fastest giving Zou moved the least amount of distance then. And that Sanji group was on a chase and possibly used cola cannon to get away (so they were in haste). Barto group took the longest because Zou moved the greatest amount of distance and Barto group suck at navigating around plus inefficient in traveling. It is a miracle that they get to Dressrosa once they heard about Ace's devil fruit.

Last edited:

Stiltzkin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

thanks, it really helps me to finally understand the current situation & timeline
as it confused me why sanji's group arrive at Zou really fast (guess Nami's skill also take part)
while Jack was already chasing marine to get Dofla and 1-2 weeks ago was on Zou

and now it makes me wonder, what exactly is Big Mom's tea party?
its at Merman Island, right?

Last edited:

strawhatcrew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa

thanks, it really helps me to finally understand the current situation & timeline
as it confused me why sanji's group arrive at Zou really fast (guess Nami's skill also take part)
while Jack was already chasing marine to get Dofla and 1-2 weeks ago was on Zou

Nope, big mom tea party is not at fishman island. Its another place maybe in her island, whole cake island. Fishman island just happen to be making good sweet that big mom really like alot but bcoz luffy accidently destroy it, big mom got piss bcoz they cant send her the sweet for the party. Luffy instead switch big mom rage to him instead of the fishman island. And accidently send bomb to her lol. I wonder wat happen at the party. The party should pass already.

TitaniumOxide

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I really appreciate this recap dude. I kind of had this timeframe in my head already but this clarify things even more. I really wonder, how will Jack come back into play on Zou if he will be back at all. He should go back so Luffy can kick his ass Luffy style.

Deleted member 182576

thanks dude
this timeline is soooo weird.
i mean like, it was like over 300 chapter or so for sabaody, fishmen, punk, dressorsa and zou for just 10 days? like really ?!

was it always like that?

weixiaobao

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
thanks dude
this timeline is soooo weird.
i mean like, it was like over 300 chapter or so for sabaody, fishmen, punk, dressorsa and zou for just 10 days? like really ?!

was it always like that?
I did one for the preskipped before. I am not sure where I post it or if I even post on this forum. But Jinbe spend more time with Luffy and especially the time where Luffy rested on Hancock's island ended up being more than many of the strawhats had spent time with Luffy. After some big fight, Luffy did had time to rest. And sometimes, there are time lapse between island. But consider say Jaya/Skypiea. If I recall correctly, that took place like 3 days.

Tonix

Reaction score
Country
United States

Based off the fact the Bege and his crew were on board Big Mom's ship drinking tea, I think the 'tea party' is a gathering of all Big Mom's minions to discuss plans of action. Basically all the boring stuff Luffy was trying to avoid by not making a sake pack with the Strawhat Alliance. (Although I'm sure he would be interested if the SA held meat parties instead :p )

MBVC

Reaction score
Country
Bouvet Island
RA vs BB prob will be told by newspaper off panel, I really want a scene similar to Ace vs BB.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I did one for the preskipped before. I am not sure where I post it or if I even post on this forum. But Jinbe spend more time with Luffy and especially the time where Luffy rested on Hancock's island ended up being more than many of the strawhats had spent time with Luffy. After some big fight, Luffy did had time to rest. And sometimes, there are time lapse between island. But consider say Jaya/Skypiea. If I recall correctly, that took place like 3 days.
While I generally admire One Piece story, I have to say that's something very fucked up. Luffy spent just a few days with his crew at most, and shouldn't be so bounded to them. The whole Ennies Lobby saga is to save a girl that went aboard his ship last week.