Theory - Titans, what i think of them so far | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Titans, what i think of them so far

Nameless Namek

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Ah where to start, oh yes

How, most importantly why had they suddenly appeared?

My two cents either some sort of "forced" or "assisted/artificial" ascension/evolution of humankind experiment turned into a global human control thing, or the control and rule thing was it's main purpose from the start. It is pretty obvious that humans can create titans because it was seen in the manga.

Why they are mindless?

It is really simple, THEY ARE NOT! Or rater, their rationalizing, thinking and other sapient abilities are somehow suppressed or hindered leaving them on basic instincts only. WE know that there are some titans (aberrants) with exceptional skills and abilities. (Ilse's titan)
Also aberrants as I see them are merely more genetically advanced/different humans, thus more advanced/different titans as well, yet not as advanced as shifters.
Normal titans are like a computer w/o the operator, the tools, the dolls, the puppets, the drones, the perfect subjects, the perfect soldiers your pick! (Google Kull warriors from stargate, yo'll catch my drift)

Hive mentality? Coordinate? Memories? Genetics?

Now, we know Titans usually DO NOT attack other titans. The only exception to this rule are the "Free willed" shifters. Also they seem to follow the hive mentality pattern by swarming the areas where there are large numbers of humans, attacking strategic point en mass w/o even realizing and similar stuff. The reason there is a Queen/King figure that is behind their actions, possibly by some sort of mind control.
I think there is more than one coordinate as well. The reason why the wall breach incident started at that precise moment is the reason Mr. Grisha decided to steel one or rather a fragment of the coordinate. Do you really think he would lead titans into Shinganshina if he was in possession of the only coordinate not sure if his family, most importantly Eren will get out alive to carry on the plan. I believe there are several fractions or Hives if you like it with their respective coordinates. Maybe Erens is the strongest (One coordinate to rule them all stuff) or simply having more than one will shift the balance in power, and being in a person outside the "inner circle" made it available to different Hives.
This is further proved (to me at least) by having different families and even races of humans that are not affected by memory control. Heck Asians (possibly other races) may be wiped out due to this fact in a preemptive strike to gain hegemony over the global populace w/o competition. (Frieza making planet Vegeta go bye bye, enyone?)
Sounds whatever this serum/retrovirus/spooge is targeting specific group and ethnic groups and groups in general leaving the selected people unaffected. That's why I think Asians and others were wiped out. They did't fit this group big picture and they were probably unable to tweak the serum to affect them by unknown reason. Even today there are retroviruses that can affect specific targets, sound scarry isn't it. They can put 10 people in the room, gas them and kill only the one they intended, leaving the others unharmed possibly carrying the retrovirus to spread.(MGS had the Foxdie, to make a good example)
SOUND LIKE GENETIC CONTROL TO ME!
Memories of the entire world? Easy! They copy/paste them from the drone titans to the main players, and they inherit and pass them to the next generation by eating/being eaten. This is known as GENETIC MEMORY. (Like the Goa'ulds, they pass all their prior knowledge and memories to the next generation from their queen on every new generation, but also by eating other Goa'ulds).

Why the Knowledge and advancment is strictly prohibited?

This is simple really, it is easier to control a bunch of primitive screwheads and keep them in check with boogeyman stories than a civilization that is higly advanced in culture and technology. In other words Sheeple... bleeehhh!
“Knowledge is power, but how you use that power defines whether you're good, or evil.” - Daniel Jackson

Why The RULING ELITE don't like the Survey corps?

Another easy one, they are sticking their noses in the Elites affairs by trying to find out the secrets of the titans. Would you like someone to snoop around your grat scheme of global domination? I surely would not! At the same time they need the survey corps to give the sheeple false hope of future victory and whatnot.

Think about this epic speech of the legend, Solid Snake and Think about SnK... You'll get the Idea! bold text is interesting to the SnK story just change few words in your mind :)

“War has changed.

It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines.

War--and it's consumption of life--has become a well-oiled machine.

War has changed.

ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities.

Genetic control, information control, emotion control, battlefield control…everything is monitored and kept under control.

War…has changed.

The age of deterrence has become the age of control, all in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction, and he who controls the battlefield, controls history.

War…has changed.

When the battlefield is under total control, war becomes routine.” - Solid Snake

Lastly, I hope i entertained you and gave you food for your thoughts. No disrespect or anything like that is purposely intended in my post. Also I apologize for my bad English,as it is not my native Language.

Last edited: