To All Manga Editors and Edited Manga Groups | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

To All Manga Editors and Edited Manga Groups

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
All right, I decided to create this forum because I felt that our Manga Editor groups, for all their hard work, deserved their own personal forum separate from the 'Meet the Translator' forum in this section. We have quite a lot of people here who clean Naruto and other manga for us on a routine basis.

Most of our Manga Editors here - to my knowledge - are extremely deserving of threads where they can be better recognized for their work. So go ahead so that people can thank you, get to know you, ask questions and all that jazz ;)

ibi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i wanted to ask, why doesn't anybody scanlate the manga "Kingdom", or rather, why not any more?
I've read 16 chapters and then it just stopped and apparently there's 26 volumes.
Is there a reason or something?

Aurega

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Norway
i wanted to ask, why doesn't anybody scanlate the manga "Kingdom", or rather, why not any more?
I've read 16 chapters and then it just stopped and apparently there's 26 volumes.
Is there a reason or something?
I'm not from that group but here is what I think:

The group that were Editing it is currently inactive: http://demigodscanlation.wordpress.com/
Some groups take a break during summer though, so they might be back.

Other groups don't usually pick up mangas unless the previous group officially drops it or disbands (or have been inactive for a long time). For Edited Manga, 2-3 months isn't really a long time.

Also, add to the fact that the manga isn't very popular and is seinen. Seinen mangas are harder to translate because they don't have furigana to help read the kanji, so you need Translators who can actually read kanji (they generally are used to emphasize double meanings).

However, many groups take requests, so if you want to see it scanlated, I suggest you ask around with various Edited Manga groups. Your best bet would probably be to start Editing yourself and then get your group to pick it up.

Reactions: ibi

Javad

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Iran
Hello, I have a question and i will be thankful if you help me, recently i work with a persian translation team and i use both raw and english translated images to clean but i noticed english translated mostly have better quality than raw images as you can see in picture Can you tell me how I can improve the quality of the raw manga images? Especially the background texture, i think english version texture is better because raw version is blur but english version is sharper Regards