Fantasy - TO Sherria vs. Laxus | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Who wins?

• Laxus wins

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • Chelia(Sherria) wins

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
First participant: Chelia Blendy
- Sky God Slayer Magic
- Third Origin

Second participant: Laxus Dreyar
- Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic
- Red Lightning
- Dragon Force

Takes place at the battle field from Hargeon.

Restrictions: Fairy Law.

Both of them have defeated a Spriggan. But which mage is stronger? Explain!

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Laxus wins, seems like Cheria still need help from Wendy and Dimaria put up a bit of a fight before that. Laxus straight up one shotted Wahl when cured, while Dimaria's main ability was being countered, Laxus' win was far more impressive.

Laxus wins on the higher end of medium difficulty

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Laxus wins. I don't think if it's mid-diff, likely low-mid.

Dragon Force - could have it, it's within the scope of dragon slayer magic. Whether the lacrima he has allows for this is unknown, but I don't see why DF is excluded when every other slayer trait is the same as a DS. If he has it he would be OP.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Laxus takes this with about low diff. Sherria was basically just about equal with Dimaria and this is considering she was using god slayer magic which should've given her an advantage. Basically, against laxus, she'd have a tougher time without that added advantage. Also, laxus red lightning is more than enough to KO her but I doubt he'd even need it. Laxus was matching Wahl who is naturally immune to lightning and then overwhelmed him. So we have Laxus matching an opponent that he has a weakness against while Sherria was equal with an opponent she had added advantage against. Laxus wins and it wouldn't be even be mid difficulty.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
laxus Wins.Chelia even in her Full Power Had Defeated Dimaria because of Slaying Ability.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
laxus Wins.Chelia even in her Full Power Had Defeated Dimaria because of Slaying Ability.
Sherria did stand toe-to-toe with God Soul. But God Soul is rather unimpressive in attack compared to Wahl or God Serena. The slayer ability just allowed Sherria to perform a quick finisher. But yes that level of effectiveness won't be possible on Laxus.

Laxus' red lightning v Wahl can also be viewed in the same way as God Slayer magic vs DiMaria. It is quite possible that red lightning was extra-effective against Wahl.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Laxus takes this with about low diff. Sherria was basically just about equal with Dimaria and this is considering she was using god slayer magic which should've given her an advantage. Basically, against laxus, she'd have a tougher time without that added advantage. Also, laxus red lightning is more than enough to KO her but I doubt he'd even need it. Laxus was matching Wahl who is naturally immune to lightning and then overwhelmed him. So we have Laxus matching an opponent that he has a weakness against while Sherria was equal with an opponent she had added advantage against. Laxus wins and it wouldn't be even be mid difficulty.
Chelia defeated Di Maria with equal diff as Laxus. Third Origin Chelia wasn't equal with Di Maria, she managed to one shot her just like Laxus did (once they got their power up). Red Lightning is different than normal lightning. It's probably super effective against Wahl, just like God Slayer Magic against Di Maria.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well just comparing fights, once Laxus was cured he practically one-shot Wahl with Red Lightning, where as Chelia likely only one because of the properties of God Slaying Magic that work effectively against the God Form.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Chelia defeated Di Maria with equal diff as Laxus. Third Origin Chelia wasn't equal with Di Maria, she managed to one shot her just like Laxus did (once they got their power up). Red Lightning is different than normal lightning. It's probably super effective against Wahl, just like God Slayer Magic against Di Maria.
That's not the point. Sherria performed the same against an opponent her magic is specifically useful against. Laxus faced an opponent with immunity to him. You have to consider the context. For instance, Gray managed to get Mard Geer on the defensive when Natsu, Sting and Rogue combined couldn't. It wasn't because he was stronger but rather because he had DeS magic.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I think it's reasonable for people to have Laxus low-diffing here. He could oneshot with a nuke. Or he could just win with lightning punches. Sherria on the other hand can probably use her secret tech and still not gain the upper-hand. God Soul DiMaria is also inferior to Wahl... I mean that full-power attack was tanked by Sherria with base-Wendy's enchant.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I don't get why so many people think that Laxus could take this easy-mid diff. We're talking about a Third Origin mage who possesses God Slayer Magic.

Firstly, Dragon Slayer Magic should be equal with God Slayer Magic. Tenrou Natsu is more or less equal with Tenrou Zancrow, GMG Laxus is more or less equal with GMG Orga and GMG Wendy is more or less equal with GMG Chelia. There isn't a huge difference in magic power between Laxus and Chelia. Since Chelia uses Third Origin, she should be capable of using more spells than Laxus. Thanks to Third Origin, Chelia can use the best of her magic. Laxus doesn't use the best of his magic, because he is still getting stronger and stronger.

Secondly, both Laxus and TO Chelia had the same diff with defeating a Spriggan. Yes, Laxus is in a disadvantage against Wahl. But in the beginning of his fight against him, he was pretty much owned by Wahl. Laxus could take him down because he could use Red Lightning. Red Lightning isn't a weakness against Wahl, it's probably super effective just like God Slayer Magic against God Soul. So it's not true that Laxus showed more impressive feats in his fight.

I'd say this fight will end in a draw or Chelia would win with extreme high diff.

Last edited:

iDooom

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus and TO Sherria each beat a Spriggan, but Wahl had much better offence and speed than Dimaria. Sherria did not have to deal with Dimaria's Age Seal due to Ultear being there. Without it, Dimaria's feats have been pretty lackluster with how she failed to damage base Wendy and Sherria much with her sword slashes initial God Soul nukes. Laxus wins mid diff.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Laxus and TO Sherria each beat a Spriggan, but Wahl had much better offence and speed than Dimaria. Sherria did not have to deal with Dimaria's Age Seal due to Ultear being there. Without it, Dimaria's feats have been pretty lackluster with how she failed to damage base Wendy and Sherria much with her sword slashes initial God Soul nukes. Laxus wins mid diff.
I wouldn't say Wahl is faster than Di Maria. Di Maria used a spell against the Sky Sisters which is faster than any spell Wahl uses. Speed doesn't matter to Di Maria because her attacks are already fast enough.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I don't get why so many people think that Laxus could take this easy-mid diff. We're talking about a Third Origin mage who possesses God Slayer Magic.
Her possessing god slayer magic is irrelevant because Laxus isn't a god. Their magic doesn't have any advantage over the other. Third origin itself is impressive yes, but one also has to consider the Mage in question. It's not like everyone's max potential is the same and for some, there's a large enough gap that even max potential wouldn't matter. Take the feats of Laxus attacks. We've basically had he using downright ridiculous attacks. Sherria hasn't used anything which compares to that.

Firstly, Dragon Slayer Magic should be equal with God Slayer Magic. Tenrou Natsu is more or less equal with Tenrou Zancrow, GMG Laxus is more or less equal with GMG Orga and GMG Wendy is more or less equal with GMG Chelia. There isn't a huge difference in magic power between Laxus and Chelia. Since Chelia uses Third Origin, she should be capable of using more spells than Laxus. Thanks to Third Origin, Chelia can use the best of her magic. Laxus doesn't use the best of his magic, because he is still getting stronger and stronger.
GMG laxus and Orga aren't anywhere near equals. That was just an assumption that arose because both used lightning slayer magic and when they 'fought' they were basically feeling each other out. Now considering that Orga could taken down in one hit (without Jura even using earth spells) but Laxus went on to defeat Jura is already more than enough. With the magic counter, Jura was only able to get a point rating of half Jura's own and Laxus went on to defeat Jura even though the latter used his earth spells and was serious in the fight. It's quite biased to imply Laxus and Orga are equals.

That's flawed logic tbh. The problem is that you're assuming that Laxus and Sherria were equals prior to third origin. Laxus could take out Sherria in his sleep in one hit, no kidding. So though Sherria managed to reach her potential in 3rd origin, Laxus still had more impressive skills with his current feats. Compare Gildarts and Natsu for example. Natsu got second origin pre TS but when he faced Gildarts in the silent chapter, he was still fodder to Gildarts who was practically same as tenrou. Also, there's just more of a limit of Sherria. Basically in third origin, she's at her max. She can't get stronger than that but Laxus can still advance even while fighting. It's not like it's foreign for mages to become stronger as they push their limits in battle.

Secondly, both Laxus and TO Chelia had the same diff with defeating a Spriggan. Yes, Laxus is in a disadvantage against Wahl. But in the beginning of his fight against him, he was pretty much owned by Wahl. Laxus could take him down because he could use Red Lightning. Red Lightning isn't a weakness against Wahl, it's probably super effective just like God Slayer Magic against God Soul. So it's not true that Laxus showed more impressive feats in his fight.
Probably 'super effective'? What's this based on? Wahl is immune to lightning, Laxus used superior lightning to take him out. Assuming red lightning was super effective is quite baseless.

Damon blevins

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus low diffs her... He beat an opponent that had every advantage against him. I honestly can't see how "anybody" sees it any differently.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'd say this fight will end in a draw or Chelia would win with extreme high diff.

PS. Please don't hate because I'm underrating Laxus again, I'm fan of him as well xD
Laxus was not equal to orga... Jura oneshotted orga and Laxus beat jura...

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Laxus stomps. She struggled to defeat a Spiggian whose main power was stripped off her, she's got no chance against Laxus.

Laxus chan-yo

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Laxus low diff, possibly stomp. He is simply on another level.

PS. Please don't hate because I'm underrating Laxus again, I'm fan of him as well xD
Lol man you are no Laxus fan. I was browing these forums the past few weeks and you hate on Laxus every chance you get. Stop lying. Chelia isn't remotely on Laxus's level even with third origin. He was injured and on death's door AND he had a huge disadvantage and he managed to defeat Wahl. Chelia had an ADVANTAGE and required Wendy and Ultear's help to defeat Dimaria. In terms of feats also Laxus has far superior AoE feats.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Lol man you are no Laxus fan. I was browing these forums the past few weeks and you hate on Laxus every chance you get. Stop lying. Chelia isn't remotely on Laxus's level even with third origin. He was injured and on death's door AND he had a huge disadvantage and he managed to defeat Wahl. Chelia had an ADVANTAGE and required Wendy and Ultear's help to defeat Dimaria. In terms of feats also Laxus has far superior AoE feats.
Because I think Laxus would lose against other Spriggans and be equal with a TO God Slayer mage doesn't mean I hate him. I'm just not overpowering him like a lot of people do. Please, if someone thinks a character would lose against another doesn't directly mean hate -_-

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
So?

It isn't equal and even if it is doesn't mean the user are. Tenrou Natsu was getting tossed about by Zancrow and he literally make Natsu quiver in fear, GMG Laxus is far above Orga, Jura one shot Orga and Laxus beat Jura, now it doesn't take an rocket scientist to tell Laxus is far stronger than Orga. There is a huge difference in magic power between Laxus and Chelia, while Laxus has shown a wider variety of magic and spells. I actually take back my old statement and say Laxus is still low-diffing her.

Don't even compare the fights. Laxus literally fought an opponent which thrives of his lightning, his main magic and the only magic he uses these days, while Chelia fought an opponent who was currently weak to her magic. Secondly, Laxus' organs were basically falling apart and Laxus still fought Wahl equally and even seemed to have the upper hand despite Wahl not being affected by his magic and illness, Laxus only got 'owned' when he literally couldn't move because of the particles and even after that he made a small comeback after having some lightning. While Red Lightning just because it worked doesn't mean it's super effective against Wahl and damages him more than any other attack that isn't lightning. So yes Laxus was wayyyyy more impressive than Chelia.

Laxus mauls her.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
It isn't equal and even if it is doesn't mean the user are. Tenrou Natsu was getting tossed about by Zancrow and he literally make Natsu quiver in fear, GMG Laxus is far above Orga, Jura one shot Orga and Laxus beat Jura, now it doesn't take an rocket scientist to tell Laxus is far stronger than Orga.
You just can't say Laxus is stronger than Orga if they didn't fight. Jura and Orga didn't quite fought as well. Orga was defeated so easily because he was focused on his attack and didn't expect Jura to attack him directly. But yeah, in fact Jura defeated Orga. And yeah, Laxus defeated Jura. But this doesn't say Laxus would defeat Orga with extreme low diff. Before Jura's appearance, they showed of their magic power which looked kinda equal to me. Laxus is stronger than Orga thanks to his other feats like stamina and strategy. But their magic power is equal which was made pretty clear. That seems like proof to me that God Slayer Magic = Dragon Slayer Magic.

There is a huge difference in magic power between Laxus and Chelia, while Laxus has shown a wider variety of magic and spells. I actually take back my old statement and say Laxus is still low-diffing her.
Isn't it kinda logic that we've seen more spells from Laxus since he is a main character and Chelia isn't? You can't base Laxus his win on his amount of spells. That's just stupid. You should compare the spells which Chelia has showed to an equal amount of spells Laxus has showed. Seems more fair to me. The spell Chelia used to defeat Di Maria is probably equal with Red Lightning, since these spells could defeat a Spriggan.

Don't even compare the fights. Laxus literally fought an opponent which thrives of his lightning, his main magic and the only magic he uses these days, while Chelia fought an opponent who was currently weak to her magic.
Did Dragon Slayer Magic defeat one of the seven dragons in the GMG arc? Nope. They weren't weak to Dragon Slayers. This means Di Maria isn't actually weak to God Slayer Magic. If she is, then tell me why dragons can take Dragon Slayer Magic.

Secondly, Laxus' organs were basically falling apart and Laxus still fought Wahl equally and even seemed to have the upper hand despite Wahl not being affected by his magic and illness, Laxus only got 'owned' when he literally couldn't move because of the particles and even after that he made a small comeback after having some lightning. While Red Lightning just because it worked doesn't mean it's super effective against Wahl and damages him more than any other attack that isn't lightning. So yes Laxus was wayyyyy more impressive than Chelia.
Laxus was pretty much owned by Wahl before Freed's spell healed him. He couldn't do a thing against Wahl instead giving a view punches. Laxus was in a disadvantage against Wahl, but so was Chelia to Di Maria because everyone is.

Laxus mauls her.
Nope.

Last edited: