Light Novel - Toaru Majutsu no Index: New Testament by Kamachi Kazuma | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

thatguy3331

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
knock knock.

who's there?

THE NT9 COVER MOFOS!

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This is awesome! The summary is not a fake?

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Now that I think about it, it means Touma is floating into nothingness... Where could Othinus be?

---------- Post added January 10, 2014 at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was December 15, 2013 at 04:28 PM ----------

So, according to spoilers

Touma is mind raped, die a lot of times and ends up beating and protecting Othinus? How strong must is he then...

---------- Post added January 21, 2014 at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was January 10, 2014 at 10:01 PM ----------

NT9 translation has started.

It's a little funny to see Touma in denial.

thatguy3331

Reaction score
Country
United States
I KNEW IT. I KNEW IT, ONE OF THESE DAYS TOUMA WAS GONNA GET STABBED BY A GIRL AND IT FINALLY HAPPENED!

But seriously though talk about a tense read, and this is only he begining! I can't wait to see what's next...

also I finally know where this gif came from now:

I'm not opening that first spoiler until I get done reading this volume fully translated.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Stabbed by Komoe...:s Touma really is impressive, he is still able to argue with Othinus like that despite the mind rape, his little fight with Aogami was cool too. I wonder how long Accelerator would have resisted :teehee. I can actually picture him committing suicide, but I guess it would mean his loss if he does that.

EDIT
Damn, this is awesome, He really did it!

---------- Post added January 25, 2014 at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was January 24, 2014 at 05:59 PM ----------

I wasn't expecting the Will to be so lively, it reminds me of Last Order. Part 7 is epic, this chapter is my favorite so far.

Last edited:

thatguy3331

Reaction score
Country
United States
Touma's rant XD

I kind of don't want to talk about anything else until this volume ends now. I think it'd be better for me to talk about this as a whole.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Ok, I couldn't resist.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Touma, why u so cool?:wtf. His deductions, his speech everything is awesome, that guy is a genius. And that last line at the end of part 6:hip.

---------- Post added January 31, 2014 at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was January 27, 2014 at 09:58 PM ----------

Ollerus and Fiamma weren't useless after all.

Touma vs ZA WARUDO for a single girl... Not only he was cleverer a God, he managed to make her enter in his harem, fabulous. I am really curious to see who will fight him, i guess Mikoto and Index won't fight him, I am not sure about Lessar but Birdway should oppose him I think.

I would love to see Touma fighting Thor, a Saint and kicking Accel's ass again :XD. I am interested to see how the Will will help him too.

thatguy3331

Reaction score
Country
United States
What are you talking about he won't have to fight Mikoto and Index? He'll probably wind up having that serious fist fight to the death with her that he was joking about in NT8 XD

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It would be great to see him punch them, maybe he could, but I don't see Index or Misaka having enough resolution to attack him, well Misaka could since she is always sure he'll negate her attacks, but attack him as an ennemy is another story. Same for Index unless she is in JP mode or if she wants to bite him :XD, there is also that he asked their help in the previous volume.

Maybe Index and Mikoto will fight the 2 others girls and permits him to escape. But I would really want to see Thor again...

thatguy3331

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welp the preview is up on Baka tsuki, looks like we're really in it for the boss rush...

Othi-chan is will forever be how I refer to the character. I would call it utterly convenient that Othi-chan had a way to shift them over to somewhere else but eh... I really was wondering how the fuck they were gonna get out of there. The Level 5's will show up via super sonic jets no doubt but what about the magicians? It'll be an interesting volume to say the least...

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Just caught up with the last updates:

1st fight: He beat Accel, who is tougher now but a part of me would have wanted him to encounter Mugino, or the famous Level 6. Male tsunderes are always good.
2nd fight: Average but Touma was damn funny.
3rd fight: This one is my favorite for now, Touma's sophistry at its best and some quotes were just awesome, as usual he is a quick thinker.
4th fight: My second favorite, poor Kanzaki, too bad Carissa didn't do much though.

I noticed Touma is more perverted than usual :XD. He is becoming more and more awesome. I am not sure if that 3 protagonists rule will apply after all this become he is starting to seriously overshadow Accel and the badass normal Hamazura.

---------- Post added May 22, 2014 at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was May 17, 2014 at 10:30 PM ----------

The volume is fully translated...already :huh.

Round 05: I am really interested by Marian's weapon, she invoked Vishnu... Dvergr techniques are really wonderful but what I liked the most was Touma's line at the end, just giving his cellphone and departing after a deadly fight...:o Mjolnir will surely come back later, I wonder if she will become human again if Touma touches her. Expecting her to join his harem soon.

Round 06: Well, Katze acted as I expected, rationally. The soldiers were funny but like that soldier in WWIII, I doubt they will appear again.

Round 07: Prelude to Misaka's fight and reminded me that machines still can't surpass Level 5 Espers that easily. I never considered she could be powerful enough to be a multitude of FIVE_Over by herself.

Round 08: Give it a rest alreadyyyy :XD. One of my favorite fight and it was funny too. Ironically she was the one trying to do Touma's job. Electricity users sure like to punch him.

Round 09: Hum, it was good but I expected more from Birdway...

Round 10: That fight was underwhelming too but just as Katze, Ollerus acted rationally.

Round 11: Easily my favorite fight! Thor is fabulous and OP even for a magician, I thought he was just a normal one, how did he reach such a level? It means he wasn't even at full power against Silvia. Amusing that it was Thor who managed to motivate Touma despite knowing nothing of their situation. And the catchphrase at the end~~~~:WTF. I wonder when he will say Such Misfortune again.

Round 12: I won't pretend I can understand Othinus LOL but why ruin Touma's efforts here? Katze was cool but that cat...

Round 13: A dimension separated of the world, Vishnu was in previous chapters and we have a Buddha, Nephtys, Alesteir. Othinus was just a pawn; ToAru world got even bigger. I find it funny for Alesteir to say that that they are just living in a different dimension considering what he does himself. Othinus is saved, Touma is at hospital again. I didn't think Touma would have ever considered that the death of someone could save him, he has grown. I hope Othinus will stay with him and become like Touma's pet :XD.

If I had to rank them my favorite fights would be: Round 11, 03, 08, 04, 01, 05, 02, 07, 06, 09 10 and 12 were equally enjoyable tome. Chapter 19 and Epilogue were my favorite parts.

Guessing what will be in the next volume is even harder now. GREMLIN's saga is over.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
A volume focused on Misaki. It's good and I like Misaki but a whole volume.... And she is pretty much on all the illustrations. A SS would have been better for this.

Interesting to learn that she was flat-chested :XD, kinda intrigued by that badass Touma illustration.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Just read NT12 preview, glad to see that Hamazura will be back, with other Gods. Magic God Othinus is now threatened by a cat :XD.

A boy is going to impersonate the #6 for Frenda(:sad) but someone else did the same in NT7, his features were not described but I am sure it's not the same person.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
After catching up with the latest NT i have a feeling that Touma is actually a God or some entity like that?

" The One who Purifies God and Slays Demon" " The One Above God " might signify he is the supreme God or some entity above that.

Not Just Magic God but actually omnipotent and The Supreme Being that rules the Creation?

Maybe in NT Volume 22 we will finally learn who he is.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Vol 22 cover

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
NT Vol 22 Reverse cover and synopsis