Fantasy - TOH Jellal VS FF Laxus | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy TOH Jellal VS FF Laxus

TOH Jellal VS FF Laxus

• Total voters

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
But that's why I said unless Jellal purposefully reveals his thought projection, nobody would be able to figure it out. He even revealed it in the page you posted. Laxus, on the other hand, was fading here and there. It's not like Laxus was trying to show that he was an illusion; after all, people already figured it out. This is a far-fetched guess but I think they use it differently.

As for the council members, I don't know how they use it or what their magic is, so I can't comment on that. But for Jellal and Laxus, the thought projection is more like their secondary magic. So it's reasonable to say that they aren't exactly proficient in using them. It's kind of like how Sting isn't really able to control the shadows (Rogue's power). Anyways, even if you think Laxus can use his thought projection just as good as Jellal, I still don't agree with the majority that Laxus > Jellal.
Purposely reveal means he tells Erza, doesnt mean he suddenly goes fuzzy intentionally, its just Mashima's art style showing us what they are.

Fair enough on not agreeing with the majority, was never arguing about that in the first place, just saying thought projection aint gonna give Jellal an advantage over a guy who can use it as well.

Toh Jellal fought DF Natsu (aka Slayer with power of actual dragon) and Erza. Laxus fought with normal Natsu and Gageel. So pre timeskip Jellal is far more powerfull and durable. DF Laxus was a bit stronger then Erza, and Jellal was fucking wisard saint. Jellal desyroied mountain with self-destruction spell in age of 10-12. So Jellal takes this normal dif. Pre timeskip Laxus was equial to Jura and Jellal was far above him.
Fought is a strong word, Zero fought DF Natsu, what Jellal did was more along the lines of getting utterly decimated. Cant really give Jellal credit for getting his ass handed to him, even if it was by a strong opponent, its like trying to give Elfman credit for getting his ass kicked by Azir.

Jellal never busted no mountain.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Purposely reveal means he tells Erza, doesnt mean he suddenly goes fuzzy intentionally, its just Mashima's art style showing us what they are.

Fair enough on not agreeing with the majority, was never arguing about that in the first place, just saying thought projection aint gonna give Jellal an advantage over a guy who can use it as well.
Fair enough. We'll just disagree then. Jellal putting his arms out looks to me like he is saying "See?". But that is only a guess so I admit that there is a greater chance that you're right.

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I think tower of heaven jellal takes this. Laxus isn't fairing any better than jellal did against DF natsu at that time

FireIce

Reaction score
Country
France
Laxus wins imo.
He incapacitated both Natsu and Gajeel in one roar for a chapter with his dragon slaying magic. Jellal's Grand Chariot preceded by multiple hits did not do such damage to Natsu alone.

Garmadooon

Reaction score
Country
France
Jellal wins. Keep in mind that without Erza slash he would one shot Natsu with Abyss Break. And Laxus didn't even have Red Lightning or his secret art used in GMG in BoS.

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Jellal wins. Keep in mind that without Erza slash he would one shot Natsu with Abyss Break. And Laxus didn't even have Red Lightning or his secret art used in GMG in BoS.
Lol at one shot. Jellal was getting absolutely trashed by DF natsu