Fanfic - Tokyo Ghoul: Zero | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fanfic Tokyo Ghoul: Zero

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
A new part of my ongoing Tokyo Ghoul series is now in the works! Here's the first chapter and Prologue. Feel free to give it a review.

“A strange sensation rushes through long rested bones. A bold new series begins!”

There it was again. That faint tugging sensation.

Ever insistent, it gnaws at the back of Ken Kaneki’s mind. But why?

Kaneki had been dead for a long time now. His future was that of oblivion. He and the ones he loved and cared about finally together for eternity in the afterlife. At least, that’s what they thought… The only problem with this perfect world was Kaneki himself. Only he alone remembered his own living memories…

He sits upon a cold stone wall next to a public hot spring that the honoured dead were blissfully bathing in its divine waters. Touka and Haise Sasaki come up behind him and Touka whacks him on the back of the head.

“Come on stupid Kaneki. Come bathe with the rest of us”.

Haise nods animatedly. “Yes you really need to stop worrying for no reason”. He chuckles.

But Kaneki shook his head. This sense of wrong had only gotten stronger as more time went by. He wasn’t done. The living realm still needed him yet… As he ponders this he unwittingly nods off to sleep, Touka frowning at him in concern. Little did he know that her face would be the last he saw of the afterlife as the tugging sensation rose to its strongest…

“Well? What’s your answer Takami?”

Takami Higarashi raises his head quickly and rubs the back of his head in embarrassment.

“Sorry miss. The answer is Belgium”.

The teacher frowns. “Well done. Yes, the EU Capital nation is Begium. Please try not to fall asleep in my class again Takami”.

The whole class giggles. Their Student Council President had just been caught falling asleep in class. Rumours would be going around for days. After class ends for the day, Takami farewells his friends and heads home.

Takami Higarashi was the Student Council President and final year student at Saint Maria’s College in Tokyo’s 1st Ward. He was a guy loved by everybody and had lived an ordinary life ever since the Great Ghoul Reforms of 10 years ago. All but the One Eyed Ghouls had been returned to Humanity, and even those One Eyes no longer lusted for human flesh. They all took up high-paying jobs in Security and Military positions for the use of their prized Kagune in combat.

But today, Takashi had had a strange dream. He had felt like this wasn’t really the life he had lived, as if it was a fabrication. But that was ridiculous. How else could he know so many people if they were an illusion?

“I mustn’t be sleeping often enough… Ugh”.

Takashi pulls out his mobile and opens up the News App. Several reports on the latest rumours of the “Pale One Eyed Ghouls” had been put up. He chuckles.

“These stupid myths are getting everyone so worked up these days. All the Ghouls no longer have the urge to eat humans. Ghouls don’t even exist anymore…”

He continues on down the street, passing by an alleyway where he hears an unusual sound. He’s about to ignore it and keep going when a scream pierces the air. Sprinting towards the dark alley with speed and stamina he could have sworn he didn’t possess, he screeches to a halt as the scene before him is revealed.

Two Grey Coated Police Investigators lie dead on the ground, their guns lying useless on the ground before their killers, who have a woman captive. These two men, bloodstained and smiling, turn towards Takashi. One of them laughs.

“Look, it’s another helpless human lamb. Should we kill him before he gets help?”

Takashi is frozen in fear as the two men advance towards him. Yes. He really was helpless. He was only human. And these guys…. They were real. They possessed the Kakugan of Ghouls of old, yet they weren’t black. They were a pale grey.

One of them grins while he releases his rather short Kagune. These weren’t as powerful as the old Ghouls but they could still easily kill humans ever since Quinques stopped being made. One of the Kagune lashes out and fully decapitates Takashi’s right arm. He screams in terror and his vision pulses as he crashes to the ground behind him.

“I’m gonna die I’m gonna die I’m gonna die!!!”

A painful sensation in both his left chest region and right eye cause him to scream again as if centipedes were crawling under his skin. Visions of a life that was his in the past whirl through his head as the vessel called Takashi Higarashi evaporates. His hair turns a stark white and his whole demeanour changes in almost an instant…

Getting up, a glowing jet black flesh spirals out from where his arm used to be and creates a whole new arm. The Pale eyed Ghouls take a step back.

“What the hell is this? Just what are you?”, one of them asks.

The young man who was temporarily Takashi Higarashi rises to his full height and grins menacingly, unconsciously cracking his fingers. His Jet Black Kagune manifests and his single Kakugan glows in the failing light of evening. The two Pale Eye’s cringe.

“It’s… it’s a Full Blood! A Real One Eye!!!”

They try to escape but Kaneki uses 4 of his Kagune limbs to burrow underground and burst up from the concrete in front of them, creating a cage. He cracks his fingers and cocks his head.

“Is that any way to talk to you King? Pitiful imitations, all of you so-called Pale Eyes… The One Eyed King has returned from death. Let’s see. Why don’t I kill one of you and let the other spread word of my return hmm?”

His Kagune cleanly decapitates one of the Pale Eyes and the other fake Ghoul runs away in terror. The Pure One Eyed Ghoul looks up at the rising moon and tuts. Kaneki Ken wasn’t quite ready to stay dead yet…​

“And so this prologue ends. A new chapter begins in Tokyo!”

End Tokyo Ghoul: Zero Prologue

Next time: Tomorrow

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
Nice work :blush
Does the story happen in parrallel with the actual one , or is it a sort of continuation?

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Nice work :blush
Does the story happen in parrallel with the actual one , or is it a sort of continuation?
Eh... It's more of taking Tokyo Ghoul:re and turning it into my own story. Tokyo Ghoul: Pulse, Tokyo Ghoul: Zenith and Tokyo Ghoul: Crimson come before this though.