Shounen - Tomodachi Game by Mikoto Yamaguchi and Yuki Sato | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Tomodachi Game by Mikoto Yamaguchi and Yuki Sato

Favorite Characters (Pick 5)

• Yuuich Katagiri "Devil"

• Kei Shinomiya "Genius"

• Tenji Mikasa "Stalker"

• Yutori Kokorogi "BoobMon"

• Shiho Sawaragi "Female Gorilla"

• Maria Mizuse

• Tsukino

• Reiko Tamae

• Manabu

• Makoto Shibe

• Satone Kaido

• Tsukasa Kaido

• Yasushi Mishima

• Shinji Shiba

• Saika Kamishiro

• Subaru Gaku "Demon"

• Michiru

• Ren Toujou

• Kuroki

• Ryusei Taneda

• Gouri Rihito

• Hokuto Taneda

• Yuka Katagiri

• Taizen Shiba

• Hyakutaro Onigawara

• Banri Niwa

• Mitsuru Hanamiya

• Momona Hashimoto

• Umeko Shirasuna

• Nanri Takeshi

• Akira Nishizawa

• Kawauchi Tarou "Doctor"

• Kyouguchi Kimiko "Average Jane"

• Sora Namiragawa "Butterfly"

Results are only viewable after voting.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tomodachi Game

Author: Mikoto Yamaguchi and Yuki Sato
Genre: High Stakes Game, Psychological, Strategy Game
Serialization: Bessatsu Shounen Magazine

Synopsis:
Yuuichi Katagiri has battled financial hardships his whole life but has learned to stay content and positive thanks to his close circle of friends. To keep a promise he made to them, Yuuichi saves up enough money to join them on the school trip. But when the gathered money mysteriously goes missing, suspicion falls on two of Yuuichi's friends: Shiho Sawaragi and Makoto Shibe, who were in charge of collecting the payments. Although innocent, Shiho and Makoto take responsibility for the failure to protect the money when no one else comes forward.

A few days later, Yuuichi and his friends receive mysterious letters which trick each of them into meeting up. Upon arrival, they are ambushed and knocked unconscious. They wake up in a mysterious room in the presence of "Manabu-kun," a character from a controversial children's show that stopped airing due to its malicious content. He informs the group that one of them indirectly gathered them together in order to settle a large debt. They are to play a "friendship game": a series of games that will test the strength of their bond and trust in each other. As the group's faith wavers due to the growing number of secrets and betrayals, Yuuichi must figure out who of his "friends" he can actually trust and ultimately discover the identity of the traitor.
(Source: MAL)

Last edited:

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tomodachi Game is criminally underrated, though popularity has increased some with the anime, which sold me on the series. And it feels like each game gets bigger and better than the last. It’s really hard to stop on a binge read. The cast is pretty good with top-tier characters like Yuuichi and Kei, and a good complementary cast. The art really sells the psychological aspect, as the facial expressions are amazing. I particularly love Sato’s shading and paneling (just never know what you’ll see sometimes). And now the series is in the latter stages, the stakes never been higher, and I just need more!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

1st step to increasing visibility here: Make thread ✅

2nd Step: Known players: @Static @Hermit @Juviii

Recruiting: @shinobi @Gajeel
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Belserion @Tatsumaki @lakhan220 (maybe Lakhan actually reads my rec this time)
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Also, poll up ;)

Last edited:

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
It’s really hard to stop on a binge read. The cast is pretty good with top-tier characters like Yuuichi and Kei, and a good complementary cast. The art really sells the psychological aspect, as the facial expressions are amazing. I particularly love Sato’s shading and paneling (just never what you’ll see sometimes). And now the series is in the latter stages, the stakes never been higher, and I just need more!
Yooooo, you caught up! Not bad :glomp

Also, agreed on the shading and paneling. The evil faces are what get me :nod

Voted in the poll above. Yutori my girl :cool:

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yooooo, you caught up! Not bad :glomp
Was taking it nice and easy, but really liked the last 3 games, and quickly caught up.

Voted in the poll above. Yutori my girl :cool:

Jokes aside, I never disliked BoobMon, even early and now she's cray. That step on me panel tho :lmao. Also, really like her eyes. But, most importantly, eagerly waiting for her to get her just deserts :kukuku.

I see those votes for Maria and Tsukino :hi5. Maria my girl. My biggest complaint of the anime was what they did to her eyelashes :nah. Some of the most beautifully drawn eyelashes I've seen. And Tsukino makes any scene she's in hot. A bit sad Reiko hasn't said much since the prison game, thought she balanced these 2 pretty well.

Hmm, Shiho fan. While not my top favorites, I like her pov chapters and personally feel the criticism she gets is excessive.

Manabu getting votes. Captain Manabu best Manabu.

Overall favorite character is Kaguya's brother. Kei is so good, he had to be nerfed. How can anyone not love him

Oh and some Tenji appreciation. My opinion on him flipped in a manner of seconds, pretty crazy. The starvation in the cave and school confession showed to me that he had the highest character. And then his butt naked save was legendary.

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Hermit voted all the girls :lmao
Need to rep my girl :wub

I see those votes for Maria and Tsukino :hi5. Maria my girl. My biggest complaint of the anime was what they did to her eyelashes :nah. Some of the most beautifully drawn eyelashes I've seen. And Tsukino makes any scene she's in hot. A bit sad Reiko hasn't said much since the prison game, thought she balanced these 2 pretty well.
Maria is the best admin tbh. Makes any game she's in instantly fun. That bunny suit on the ship is my fave outfit of hers so far.

Hmm, Shiho fan. While not my top favorites, I like her pov chapters and personally feel the criticism she gets is excessive.
I tend to have a bias towards lead heroines in general, so Shiho is up my alley :smile-big
The criticism is deserved though. Shes the worst type of character for this game that requires lies and deception. So seeing her struggle with her moral compass makes for some very engaging writing.

Overall favorite character is Kaguya's brother. Kei is so good, he had to be nerfed. How can anyone not love him
@Juviii LOL, another fan :plot

What has been your favorite arc/game so far?

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nominate her for waifu wars :lmao

Maria is the best admin tbh. Makes any game she's in instantly fun. That bunny suit on the ship is my fave outfit of hers so far.
Yeah, Bunny Maria is best. Santa Maria is a strong contender, but need more panels.

The criticism is deserved though. Shes the worst type of character for this game that requires lies and deception. So seeing her struggle with her moral compass makes for some very engaging writing.
Yeah, this is my point. Seeing her shortcomings and struggle is expected, but she gets ragged on a bit too much in the comments.

Gambling and Island Murder Game. Both games right up my alley and great character moments. I really like the current cabin survival setup too, high hopes for the 2nd part of it.

Juviii knows what's up

Idk who this guy is but I alrdy like him '-'
Kei supremacy, he's awesome. I'd actually be curious what you'd think of Yuuichi.

lakhan220

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
@lakhan220 (maybe Lakhan actually reads my rec this time)
Bruh :lmao . I definitely will once i m caught up with kingdom. Either this or shumatsu. I did watch clips of shumatsu tho.
Kinda rn everything i had put on hold, anime, mangas and dailies i read as well.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

I tend to have a bias towards lead heroines in general, so Shiho is up my alley :smile-big

Beno is a person of culture. Kei arcs are the best arcs, he has a more complex and endearing personality than most characters. But that's to be expected. After all he's a genius. 🧐

Bruh :lmao . I definitely will once i m caught up with kingdom. Either this or shumatsu. I did watch clips of shumatsu tho.
Kinda rn everything i had put on hold, anime, mangas and dailies i read as well.
That's Lak for " I will never read it". :pout

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi Guys ! Saw the tag but didn't read the thread as I'm not up to date yet.

What made me start reading the manga was a famous guy I followed on twitter saying that Yuuichi was so incredible he was at the same level as Light Yagami, maybe even about to beat him (in cunningness he means). And I ABSOLUTELY wanted to witness that !

Anyway I'll refrain from checking the thread until I'm more advanced in the manga. Then I'll come back to post my thoughts and debate with you guys ! Just give me a few weeks ! (It's holidays here so I'm using those weeks to binge many mangas at once lol)

See y'all later !

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Hermit @Juviii @Static
Chapter 103 out and it's a damn good one.

With Yuuichi, it's hard to tell whether his emotions are genuine or not, but the words to Reika, love that interaction. Another similar case was with Kaido on the island. There's just so many layers to Yuuichi. Also, peace out Sensui knock off.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
@Hermit @Juviii @Static
Chapter 103 out and it's a damn good one.

With Yuuichi, it's hard to tell whether his emotions are genuine or not, but the words to Reika, love that interaction. Another similar case was with Kaido on the island. There's just so many layers to Yuuichi. Also, peace out Sensui knock off.
Who do you think is Yuuichi's partner?

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Who do you think is Yuuichi's partner?
It's hard to say atm. It's clear this is related to the "deja vu". Now, there is a mastermind which parallels the prison game, which puts Hokuto high up on the list as she is Taneda's big sister, and also commented early this game about Yuuichi begging on his knees. However, the only thing against her is Satone wasn't in the prison game. Then, there's the glasses chick who parallels Yutori big-time, which Kei and Satone both experienced. And now with this chap, Reika can be mentioned as the father-daughter pair is basically the anti Satone-Kaido duo. Outside those three, I'm most wary of Namiragawa, the one who's hungry, no reason just a gut feeling.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
It's hard to say atm. It's clear this is related to the "deja vu". Now, there is a mastermind which parallels the prison game, which puts Hokuto high up on the list as she is Taneda's big sister, and also commented early this game about Yuuichi begging on his knees. However, the only thing against her is Satone wasn't in the prison game. Then, there's the glasses chick who parallels Yutori big-time, which Kei and Satone both experienced. And now with this chap, Reika can be mentioned as the father-daughter pair is basically the anti Satone-Kaido duo. Outside those three, I'm most wary of Namiragawa, the one who's hungry, no reason just a gut feeling.
Namiragawa is indeed suspicious. A High School girl in an adult game gotta be special. Same for the doctor. Those two are laying low for some reason.

About the Deja Vu it can be that the girl is actually the smart one and not just manipulated by her dad basically like Satone was the genious one in the gambling arc. Having said that, she can't be Yuuichi partner as she was being held by Shiho when all of this happened.

When Tenji asked Kei if he had found the mastermind he said no, that he had only found out the reason for the deja vu feeling, so maybe the deja vu and the mastermind aren't related.

On another note, Hokuto knowing about Yuuchi would make sense if she wanted to join forces with him.

As for the glasses girl, I can see her having secret sadistic tendencies. She seems to be kinda unstable but can't really see her as a mastermind.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chap 104

The Doctor

Vol. 21

Ngl, I didn't realize this was Yuka at first.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
@BD_Beno chapter 105 raws are out. The killer was revealed in the last page it seems.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Had it on my mind for a while coz read some stuff about it, just kept procrastinating till @Juviii starts to send me death threats on disc :teehee I read till chap 6 yesterday, it's really interesting, it really explores so accurately human nature, enjoying it a lot so far, but it will probably take me a littlle while to catch everything up ! So far I don't have any fave characters. but I really like the relationship between characters, the schemes, the betrayals etc. and its only the beginning lol.