First Round - Tondemo Skill De Isekai Hourou Meshi vs. Totsukuni no Shoujo | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

First Round Tondemo Skill De Isekai Hourou Meshi vs. Totsukuni no Shoujo

Who wins?

• Tondemo Skill De Isekai Hourou Meshi

• Totsukuni no Shoujo

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

Tondemo Skill De Isekai Hourou Meshi
Eguchi Ren & Akagishi K.
Totsukuni no Shoujo
Nagabe

Last edited by a moderator:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
1st best luck to @POW :zomg

Menu

Aperitif

Music : Siùil A Rùn by M.Alhussaini
If you cant read the embedded video here's a link :

Code:
https://streamable.com/uuxgpg

Starter

Totsukuni no shojo

Story

Long ago, there was a god of light and a god of darkness. While those devoted to the god of light experienced happiness and good fortune, the god of darkness would play tricks on the people and steal their joy. And so, as the legend goes, the god of light decided to punish him by turning him into a monster. Enraged by this, the god of darkness wielded his punishment as a curse in order to inflict suffering upon others. Because of his actions, he was banished to the Outside, where he and his monstrous children are to remain for eternity, while those from the Inside must never come in contact with someone from the Outside, lest they be cursed with a hideous form.
A little girl named Shiva, an Insider, is found by an Outsider she comes to know as Sensei. Though they cannot touch, Sensei cares for Shiva as best he can, and together they live a moderately happy life. But soon, Shiva not only finds herself in danger from the Outside, but from her own kind as well.”​
(Màl)

Characters

we’re introduced so far with Shiva a pure and innocent girl who acts and live as a normal child and Teacher a cursed outsider. Both are living Outside in a n identifiyed place/time.Teacher and Shiva relation is quite like a mentor-pupil but teacher is a lot fatherly towards her, they re living a simple life doing simple things. Their relationship reminds at least to me, somehow Meruem & Komugi relationship (nothing romantical) but a person pure (white hair in manga are often symbolizing pureness) here ( a child) in hxH its a blind girl who can’t see evil and who cant be biased, or who can see beyond appearances. Both stories deals with the concept of humanity (whats bieng a human or a monster).​
Theres also the conflicted Grandmother or aunt ( depending on the translation, same world in japanese is used for both) and her sad fate.​
Totsukuni is written like a fairy tale, which despite its cute sides and lovely art, deals with darker subjects like banishment, hate (human seems to like building walls even in mangas :arf) despair, religion, bigotry and otherness.​

Loads of cute moments

Darker sides

Please support Totsuki no Shojo, its an awesome manga, a little gem that deserve so much love,

Have a little more to say but it took me almost 1hour and hald to write this post (while my text was ready, only presentation plus preparing pics) due to my internet, so please dont skip, it lol.

Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Since I have read none of these two, I can't honestly cast an unbiased vote, but from what I'm seeing Totsukuni no Shoujo picks my interest so I'll be reading it soon if I can manage my time well enough.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Since I have read none of these two, I can't honestly cast an unbiased vote, but from what I'm seeing Totsukuni no Shoujo picks my interest so I'll be reading it soon if I can manage my time well enough.

Oh, i appreciate it a lot, if you give it a try thats the best thing i could hope, :blush i ll try to tell more about it asap , its a beautiful story, art looks more like western art than usual manga art, and so far theres only 40 chaps out :wtf

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Oh, i appreciate it a lot, if you give it a try thats the best thing i could hope, :blush i ll try to tell more about it asap , its a beautiful story, art looks more like western art than usual manga art, and so far theres only 40 chaps out :wtf
I didn't expect such a positive reaction to my comment but if it means so much I'll be back again once I've had the chance to read enough to form a solid opinion!
I can already tell, though, that the western-leaning art really suits the setting.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Great campaign as always Erin. :wtf
Gotta go for Totsukuni here, as is one of my all-time favorite series and Erin's posts make me love it even more if possible.
To those who never knew about it please give it a try, it's an unique manga and it feels like a dark fairy tale.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Great campaign as always Erin. :wtf
Gotta go for Totsukuni here, as is one of my all-time favorite series and Erin's posts make me love it even more if possible.
To those who never knew about it please give it a try, it's an unique manga and it feels like a dark fairy tale.
Thxs so much for your support @revo -chan thats so sweet !
and yes this manga is fantastic, and so unique. its definitely among my faves too ! Was wrriting some other stuff especially about the art, the celtic song etc, i still have more to say, but will save it for later !

Last edited:

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
@Erinyes as always great campaign. I tried the manga last year and quite liked it. Have some catching up to do.

Sure, ERINA has already said most of the things, but the thing tht attracted me the most was the coexistence stuff , despite surrounding prejudices with the dynamics of shiva and sensei explored along with their BGs. Darkness taking care of light .
Light is radiant only because there is darkness and darkness is sublime because there is light. One cannot exist without other . This theme is really explored well in the manga.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As usual a great campaign.
You also have my vote, Erin-tan!

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Thxs so much Bel-chan & Lak-kun, Sky-kun for your support , I really appreciate it ! :wtf not saying this bc i nominated it, but so far, this is really a true little gem, adorable and heartbreaking too, The fact you picked it Lakkhan, means so much to me, thanks for your trust. and yeah the topic of light and darkness and purity and impurity is omnipresent, and wont spoil you but really great stuff are happening last chapters , will try to talk more about symbolism and i will leave some stuff to share in case TnS make it next round.

Just some additional point regarding the Irish song associated with the title.

Siùl A Rùn

Siùil a Rùn, the alternate title of the manga, is the name of an old irish ballad, it has several variations and meanings but the main subject is a love story of 2 people who have been separated during a war (cant tell if its by death, banishment or whatever. I still fail to see the link with the song's story. It could be related to a background's character story or something upcoming, or just a story of 2 people who are bound to be separated by fate. But, in any case, i am pretty certain its linked with the song Sensei heard in this scene :​

Lyrics :

Please, listen to this version, its so beautiful (Siùil A Rùn, by Clannad) ♥ *clickable pic *

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.