Favorites - Top 10 favorite characters | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Top 10 favorite characters

Who is your favorite character?

• Total voters

nesean

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
^ being "badass" alone can garner a lot of default votes in the world of animanga fandom.
badass, multidimensional character, stoic/cool, quirky/funny - any of the three and you've got yourself a very popular and/or interesting character

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
As a guy with a 'one true ship' IRL, Jean will always be seen by me as the try-hard "other guy" that's always trying to swipe my (the main character's) girlfriend. Fuck Jean, I hate that guy. I don't give a shit how appealing your character development makes you, go find your own damn Mikasa you goddamn scavenging douchebag.

/steam vented

nesean

Reaction score
Country
Canada
^ lol..calm down... they (E+M) haven't even started dating; but then the E+M relationship has always been the controversial topic of the series.
just curious, are all haters of Jean happen to also be E+M shippers?

BobobVanBlob

Reaction score
Country
France
Fuck Jean, I hate that guy.
"Eh ?"
And why would he goes out with with Mikasa, she is fine with mister "I can't do stuff right without half my comrades/friends/family/relatives getting brutally murdered and leaving me another trauma".

You just pointed the part of Jean that makes me wants to get in one of the panels and slap him until he finds a human being (or a Titan, I don't care) fitting him better... I mean any normal guy would just understand that "nope, wrong choice, abort" is the only thing you can say for these two. The only time Mikasa talked to Jean was to say something as stupid as "He tried to kill a fly..." And "Stop being mean to the guy that treats me just as a sister and is as dense as a brick because he cannot understand my feelings after 6 years !".

Anyway, I think this belongs to the shipping thread, and well if it's about couple : Ymir & Historia is the only interesting (alive) couple that comes to my mind. Two really strong personalities always clashing, now that's interesting. And well Ymir...

Oh, and I forgot to say this : but where is your top ten badluckartist, I'm curious. Because only saying Ymir is first doesn't help.

Edit :
just curious, are all haters of Jean happen to also be E+M shippers?
I ship Eren and Mikasa, Jean deserves someone who recognizes his quality, please someone revive Marco and legalize gay marriage in the walls, or Armin would be fine, they may mistake him for a girl the day of the marriage.

Last edited:

nesean

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I ship Eren and Mikasa, Jean deserves someone who recognizes his quality, please someone revive Marco and legalize gay marriage in the walls, or Armin would be fine, they may mistake him for a girl the day of the marriage.
Marco ain't coming back (at least in any normal status). Whoever Isayama wants to pair him up with (if that's the case), I'm fine with that - though any recent interviews would tell you Jean will remain single for a long time.
(in any rare case if Isayama do decide to make the J+M pair, it'd mean Mikasa "is fine" with that - but I could see hardcore E+M shippers throwing a riot)
disclaimer: I don't really ship any pairings.

Last edited:

BobobVanBlob

Reaction score
Country
France
Marco ain't coming back (at least in any normal status).
Isayama is such a cruel author with his characters that he would be able to make Marco come back as a Titan and force Jean to kill his best friend...

And I just discovered that I'm a hardcore E+M shipper (not for the good reasons).

nesean

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Isayama is such a cruel author with his characters that he would be able to make Marco come back as a Titan and force Jean to kill his best friend...

And I just discovered that I'm a hardcore E+M shipper (not for the good reasons).
Or have titan Marco kill Jean. That's a double-down for some fans I guess?

THM Nindo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Jean is not gay, btw.
I never understood why people always have some crazy yaoi pairing with non-gay character.

At least, for those pairing Ymir/Christa, we have proof that at least half of that couple is gay, and the other is unclear.

BobobVanBlob

Reaction score
Country
France
Jean is not gay, btw.
I never understood why people always have some crazy yaoi pairing with non-gay character.

At least, for those pairing Ymir/Christa, we have proof that at least half of that couple is gay, and the other is unclear.
Well, I answered your post there : SHIPPING, WE DELIVER

This way we will stop derailing this thread... (I don't want an admin or moderator to come and slap me)

Fran

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Hi! is the first time I comment, but i read the forum a while ago . My favorite character is Jean, I think he's a very complex character, he has many sides, I like his "internal fight" with himself, I think he's grown a lot :'). Well, I don't have top10 xD, here I leave my top8.
1-Jean
2-Armin
3-Reiner
4-Bertholdt
5-Annie
6-Erwin
7-Levi
8-Hanji (maybe)

Special mention 1: Rico, because I like her personality, she shows your displeasure with the plans of his superiors but anyway will follow the orders because she knows that is right and necesary. (she reminds me a bit of Jean)
Special mention 2: Eren, because he's the protagonist xD, I have little to say about him, mmm I can highlight his willpower and perseverance.

*english isn't my first language (but I try to improve ), so please excuse any mistakes u.u

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Welcome, Fran! :)

I liked neither Jean nor Eren in the beginning, but I've grown to like both of them more and more as they've developed. (I used to think I liked Eren more, but now I realize they're about the same for me. I should really get around to making a new top 10...)

Arkevil

Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Annie - I couldn't help but put this enigma right at the top of my list. The depth and mystery behind her character pull me in like a moth to a flame. Plus Female Titan.
2. Mikasa - I adore Mikasa. What she lacks in depth she makes up in badassery.
3. Eren - Eren scores fairly high for me. He is absolutely ridiculous and his relationships with Annie, Reiner, Mikasa, and Levi makes everything all the more interesting.
4. Hanji - Ahhh Hanji. What more can be said about her that hasn't been said. Love her to pieces.
5. Levi - His sassy nature and badassness keep me intrigued with his character. Not to mention the depth that's slowly starting to show itself.
6. Sasha - Can't NOT love Potato Girl.
7. Jean - He has had some decent character development and is really starting to shine.
8. Ymir - My favorite lesbian titan. I love her mysterious history and her connections. Plus her funky attitude.
9. Christa - Her relationship with Ymir and her cheering Ymir on at Utgard scored her a place on my list.
10. Carla Jaeger - I know this one is stupid but it's based on a random thought I had a while back. The thought was that Carla was in the military way back and thats how she met Grisha. I came up with the entirely tragic plot in my head that made me fangirl over her. why cant head-canons become true :crying

Barracuda

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1. Krista/Historia - I think she's really interesting and I'm hoping for positive character development outside of something involving Ymir... She's not the innocent angel like she once tried to be but imo it adds more depth to her. I get the feeling she's going to do something crazy though :/ lol
2. Sasha
3. Jean
4. Eren
5. Annie
6. Mikasa
7. Erwin
8. Connie
9. Reiner
10. Levi

Ymir used to rank high in my top ten but she kind of pisses me off now. I'm interested in the mysteries surrounding her though and I like that she pretty much saved everyone's asses but yeah. If she ended up dying I wouldn't really care. Not a fan of Bertl either and I'm indifferent to Hange.

Also hi everyone, nice to meet you. This is my first post.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ymir used to rank high in my top ten but she kind of pisses me off now. I'm interested in the mysteries surrounding her though and I like that she pretty much saved everyone's asses but yeah. If she ended up dying I wouldn't really care.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BobobVanBlob

Reaction score
Country
France
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BOB VAN BLOB !

Yeah, that's me... (I should deserve a medal for this one)

And instead of always saying "You don't like Ymir, it's bad, your tastes are bad, you are a bad person, just stop talking to me, you shipping peasant !", explain us why you like so much Ymir (I mean, I think I know why but I still want to know) and make us a top ten to show us that you are not like Mikasa (Mikasa's answer to this : "Eren ?").

Or I will call you "Badluckartist Ackermann" !

AH !

Also, welcome Barracuda, and I think Ymir pissed off everybody when answering to Eren about who is the real enemy... ^^

Barracuda

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah who cares if someone doesn't like the same character as you? I know some people don't like Historia but I'm not about to tell them their tastes are bad or "booing" them. Lol It's okay friend, calm down.

She pissed me off before that to be honest and it's just been going downhill for me. I don't think she's a bad character per say she's just not someone I particularly like anymore. I do think in the future she could redeem herself though and could resume being a favorite of mine. Who knows.Thanks for the welcome message BobobVanBlob

Sigma

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Why exactly did you stop liking her? imo she's become more interesting as the series has gone on and I like her enigmatic nature.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
She pissed me off before that to be honest and it's just been going downhill for me. I don't think she's a bad character per say she's just not someone I particularly like anymore. I do think in the future she could redeem herself though and could resume being a favorite of mine. Who knows.Thanks for the welcome message BobobVanBlob
What about her caused you to like her less than before? I've been finding her more and more likeable as the story goes on (since it turns out she's a nicer person than it first seems even if her behaviour is rude/rough), so I'm just curious.

Anyway, time for some new rankings from yours truly... :mono

1. Ymir (true to self; most interesting shifter to me at least until we learn more about RBA and possibly beyond)
2. Bertolt (most moe shifter? lol, he's so reluctant/nervous, uses "boku," & has a hopeless crush on Annie.)
3. Zoë (never lost that exuberant bloodthirst from when she enjoyed killing titans! You can't help but get caught up in her exuberance but she also has a great mind)
4. Levi (just like mikasaaa said above, I love reading into this guy's false stoicism. You just know he cares so much it hurts to look at him sometimes...)
5. Annie (I love when "villains" turn out not to be villains, or when they come to question all they've been fighting for, so...)
6. Sasha (started out being a laughing stock; ended up being someone I'm so proud of, I still can't believe it) ;_;
7. Connie (so much potential in this guy. I think he might have the biggest heart of the entire 104th. My heart goes out to him about his village...)
8. Erwin (great mind, and is it just me or is there something "wild" about him?)
9. Hannes (characters who feel they must right wrongs they've done, or repay a moral debt of some sort are another weak point for me...)
10. Jean/Mikasa (I started out disliking Jean for how he treated Eren, but now I really like where his character is going // I tend not to like characters who are just "badass" but she has a good reason for it, and I look forward to the day her need to "protect" Eren becomes a personal investment in protecting the world around them.)

One thing about how I 'rank' my characters: I can never decide between whether to rank "liked" characters or "interesting" characters higher, so I kind of combine the two fuzzily in my head. My rankings can shift easily because of this fuzzy "math."

1. Ymir (true to self, but also far kinder than she seems. Yeah, you read that right. All of the shifters are so misunderstood... T_T)
2. Bertolt (the world unduly hates the weak, but I <3 emotional weakness in a character-- as long as their own vulnerability doesn't become an excuse to hurt others)
3. Zoë (everybody's favourite sober strategist/mad scientist)
4. Historia (she may have "child-like" proportions as Ymir put it, but this girl has grown! She takes Sasha's spot now as character I'm currently proud of) ;_;
5. Connie (no change here, he's still got potential. Even if he pegged Ymir wrong in chapter 52, he had her right in 50 and that's the one that counts)
6. Levi (I'm enjoying the slow process of figuring out what makes this guy tick. Also, his side story is more interesting to me than Before the Fall so far...)
7. Erwin (right now I just feel bad for the guy, but he's always been impressive to me and I hope he'll be back soon)
8. Eren (developing in an agreeable direction)
9. Jean (ditto to Eren)
10. Mike (Yep, Mike Zakarius gets this spot for now. It's weird but I miss him lately. Maybe because of the cameo in Levi's story...?)

EmmaliaAradeil

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
1. Mikasa (I love the action girls)
2. Annie (I'm with you on those two, haha)
3. Jean (He's very relatable, and has such good character development)
4. Armin (His character development is amazing, and he's such a cutie)
5. Sasha (she's relatable, and pretty badass if you think about it)
6. Petra (I know she was a brief character, but I loved her)
7. Erwin (Who doesn't love the commander?)
8. Zoe (Her crazy cracks me up, but in real life I'd stay away)
9. Levi (love-hate relation with this one)
10. Connie (Act two of the comedic relief)