Theory - Toriko Gods: The next enemy? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Toriko Gods: The next enemy?

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
´[Spoilers up to 392]
Hello people!

I´ve been a regular lurker around here, and now I have finally stopped being lazy and made an account.

Anyway,

We all know that Toriko likes it could be ending (and belive, I DON´T WANT IT), even more so with so many of the points people used to say it isnt ending are going down the drain ( White/Wings, Acacia´s true full course, etc), and with the remaining ones being able to be used in a Open Ending/The adventure continues way (Blu Shell spaceship, the farthest lands, blue [lol why do we need him when you have a poke of doom]).

The author has also had a lot of Foreshadowing and Wolrd building since the beggining, with little hints and nods of things to come, and so far, we have not had a single foreshadowing for future conflict (we did have for exploration as i said before, but this is a shounen manga in shounen jump guys, it needs fights). Or did we?

[Disclaimer: I do think Toriko is ending, it does look like it is the future, but, on the off chance it isnt, I want to try and theorize the future of the series here]

Let us sumarize what we know about gods in Toriko Universe, which comes mostly from Acacia:

-Acacia mentioned, in his fight against Don Slime, that the "Gourmet Gods" had chosen Ichiryu to "fullfil a destiny", but since Ichiryu refused, "they" picked him instead

-After getting a liiiitle bit more crazy on Neo, Acacia starting saying he is a God

-However, in his fight against Toriko, Acacia talked about the gourmet dream of being "The Closest to a God"

-Also, there is the ingredient called GOD, the golden frog, however, it has been said by the blue nitro (or was it chichi), that Earth´s God was huge this time around

-Also, what is the thing that GOD (Ingredient) does when it wakes up? It starts to eat everything, thus we could say that all the flavor/food of the world is concentrated on GOD if it manages to defeat the planet creatures

-Eating everything was also what NeoAcacia was doing

SO, WHERE AM I GOING WITH THIS

That maybe there is a Pantheon of Gourmet Gods, each one a being of pure flavor pretty much, that strive to create more of them using subtly manipulations (why? to eat more, this is Toriko), however their way of doing so is totally against what Toriko and Co. belive...so, theres an excuse to conflit. The Bambina Arc could even be a form of foreshadowing, since while Bambina kindoff did the same thing (aka limiting predation), Toriko has already learned that it was mostly not on puorpose and out of a good will (to have a playing partern).

Yakano

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.

dark123

Reaction score
Country
Poland

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil