Voting Round 2 - Toshirou Hijikata vs. Kotarou Katsura | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Toshirou Hijikata vs. Kotarou Katsura

Who wins?

• Toshirou Hijikata

• Kotarou Katsura

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
Would you rather have someone who works hard for the better of the country and those he care about like hijikata or a terrorist trying to overthrow the goverment , constantly needing to escape from the law and putting himself and others in danger due to his idelogies like katsura does?

That alone is enough for katsura to be a low tier husbando candidate, have fun being around him without being arrested, chased or killed. :hmph

Did you know he sleeps with his eyes open? imagine looking at your side and seeing this​

Did you also know he's a pervert?​

Stealing your underwear of course, typical zura.

ZURA ****** BAKA​

"Katsura has a soft spot for housewives (or fetish, just choose), especially widows, as shown in the Owee chapter when he was playing the dating simulation and his bond with Ikumatsu. Later on, he digresses on this soft spot by bluntly admitting that he does in fact has a fetish for unfaithful wives."
:nah look at this dude

Also,I thought this were the husbando wars, not waifu wars, katsura :lambirb

But to each their own :lambirb

You could vote for that bad example of a man, or you could vote for an honest, badass gentleman like hijikata, always being safe at his side and walking the right path towards a better future.

Last edited:

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Would you rather have someone who works hard for the better of the country and those he care about like hijikata or a terrorist trying to overthrow the goverment , constantly needing to escape from the law and putting himself and others in danger due to his idelogies like katsura does?

That alone is enough for katsura to be a low tier husbando candidate, have fun being around him without being arrested, chased or killed. :hmph

Did you need he sleeps with his eyes open? imagine looking at your side and seeing this​

Did you also know he's a pervert?​

ZURA ****** BAKA​

"Katsura has a soft spot for housewives (or fetish, just choose), especially widows, as shown in the Owee chapter when he was playing the dating simulation and his bond with Ikumatsu. Later on, he digresses on this soft spot by bluntly admitting that he does in fact has a fetish for unfaithful wives."

You could vote for that bad example of a man, or you could vote for an honest, badass gentleman like hijikata, always being safe at his side and walking the right path towards a better future.

I’m sorry but the other one has nicer hair :sad

Juliana

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Voting for Toshirou Hijikata because I lost for Kotarou Katsura last year I'm still mad about it.

:babyrage

Gryffindor

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Katsura Kotarou Campaign[post=4950161]Katsura: Introudction [/post]
[post=4953454] Fish, Snow, Games, and More! [/post]
[post=4954413] I Don't Need No Spaceships or Cash[/post]

We are here today to discuss the allegations brought forth today by Hijikata Toshirou against the marvelous Kotarou Katsura.

Please take a seat.

Hijikata legal team over here:

Katsura legal team over here:

Allegation I

Would you rather have someone who works hard for the better of the country and those he care about like hijikata or a terrorist trying to overthrow the government
Not true. Katsura is a fugitive, but not because he is a violent criminal, simply because his presence presents an obstacle to the government and their corruption.

Is opposing corruption the mark of a bad husbando?
Is taking initiative to drive change the mark of a bad husbando?

"Mr. Hijikata, we've found some pretty damning evidence"

What's this? Are you telling me the Shinsengumi Officer accusing Katsura of being a vicious criminal is having a civil conversation with said supposed "criminal" and taking his advice.

Not only that, but read that second bubble carefully, "...would be truly abandoning Edo, Hijikata"...is that implying that Hijikata, and the Shinsengumi by extension have acknowledged the need for change in the government, are you saying Katsura was right all along? Who would've thought :mono

And let's not forget who is the man who rose to the pinnacle of the country, the one really trying to work hard for the benefit of the country.

Doesn't seem like a bad guy to me, and If I recall correctly, isn't Hijikata doing a secret job for him as well :teehee

More Evidence

Hijikata hanging out with Katsura's closest aide:derp

Allegation Verdict: False

Allegation II:

Battou said:
, constantly needing to escape from the law and putting himself and others in danger due to his idelogies like katsura does?
Constantly escaping is exaggerated, but he's just too suave and sneaky to be caught by the Shinsengumi, no pay raise for you :teehee

But on a serious note, Katsura is known as "Runaway Kotarou"

As you can see, taking his grandmother's words to heart, he took on the role of the coward, but not for his sake, for the sake of protecting his comrades. He is someone who chooses his fights wisely, he's not a hot head who charges into battle needlessly just for the sake of it. He uses a very cautious and reserved approach, shouldering the duties of a general. So no, with Katsura you wouldn't be in danger, he is someone who has had few serious battles in the series to begin with.

And he is more than capable of protecting someone

Or we can just ask Hijikata's boss

Why isn't Hijikata protecting his boss? :nah

Why did Hijikata need Katsura's help to save his boss? Isn't he supposed to be the bad guy and low tier husbando :heh

Allegation III

Battou said:
Did you need he sleeps with his eyes open? imagine looking at your side and seeing this

https://i.gifer.com/Agzg.gif
Evidence 6

:cop

Allegation Verdict: False (external circumstances were responsible for what Mr. Hijikata is allegedly reporting)

Allegation IV

Battou said:
Did you also know he's a pervert?

ZURA ****** BAKA

Incorrect. Katsura, wounded, was using the roofs of nearby places as his escape route where he accidently encounters Ms. Ikumatsu.

Accidents happen :catshrug

As for this supposed fetish, the whole quote was left out :twitch...see the bold..

It reads:
"Katsura has a soft spot for housewives (or fetish, just choose), especially widows, as shown in the Owee chapter when he was playing the dating simulation and his bond with Ikumatsu. Later on, he digresses on this soft spot by bluntly admitting that he does in fact has a fetish for unfaithful wives. During this digression, Gintoki points out that Katsura has always been shy about women, even as a kid, and mentioned his first crush being the neighborhood widow. "

Just your average case of Katsura being shy and going to an extreme to avoid Gintoki's teasing. He's just a dork:hmph

Let's not forget, Katsura literally went homeless for this woman, but that is another story for another post.

Allegation V

Battou said:

Hmmm?

Dressing as a woman intentionally to blend in and help Gintoki AND Hijikata escape, purposely going to prison to help rescue Hijikata's boss. What are we paying you for Hijikata :nah

Closing

The evidence has determined that Katsura Kotarou would indeed make a great husbando.
The allegations presented by Mr. Hijikata have been proven to be false and the evidence shows a man with a caring heart, helping those who won't give him peace of mind, going to extreme lengths for those he cares about, and aspiring for change for the benefit of those around him and the common people. And let's not forget that eccentric personality where everyday is something new, but something fun(see previous posts from Round 1).
So to all those allegations, Katsura says:

Vote for Katsura!!!

Battou

⎲⎳
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
It is if you put those you care of at risk while doing so :lambirb
are you saying Katsura was right all along? Who would've thought :mono
Well, if their country needs or doesn't need a change, is kinda irrelevant to this, but sure lets say he was right, how does that give him husbando points? he'll be too busy planning and blowing up things while you sit alone at home making dinner he'll probably wont eat because he'll be too busy running away from someone :nah
So no, with Katsura you wouldn't be in danger
Except when he's being shot at and pursued ¯\_ :lambirb _/¯ , he's always seen throwing grenades at the shinsengumi, so he's always carrying explosives, one hug too tight and boom you go :lambirb
Incorrect. Katsura, wounded, was using the roofs of nearby places as his escape route where he accidently encounters Ms. Ikumatsu.

:blushbirbshh, details
Dressing as a woman intentionally to blend in and help Gintoki AND Hijikata escape, purposely going to prison to help rescue Hijikata's boss. What are we paying you for Hijikata :nah
:derp

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
THE WINNER WILL BE ATOBE...

Ok I might as well support the dude that eliminated him, as bald as he is :catshrug

Gryffindor

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
It is if you put those you care of at risk while doing so :lambirb[

Except he doesn't. I just explained about "Runaway Kotaro"....he knows as a general his survival is crucial to not only victory in battle but for the safety of his comrades, he doesn't charge mindlessly into a lost cause and is skilled enough to hold down his own against almost everyone. . It's what happens in those panels I posted, he lets the others escape while he fights. Plus, he's stronker than Hijikata :derp.

He's also not violent lol, he's not like Takasugi , Katsura isn't endangering anyone.

Battou said:
Well, if their country needs or doesn't need a change, is kinda irrelevant to this, but sure lets say he was right, how does that give him husbando points? he'll be too busy planning and blowing up things while you sit alone at home making dinner he'll probably wont eat because he'll be too busy running away from someone :nah
You're the one who brought up the point about Hijikata working towards a better future while Katsura being a fugitive opposing the government. Hijikata meeting and working together with him shows that the notion of him being some terrible criminal you should steer clear from was wrong. The one who has made the most progress towards a better future has been Katsura.

As for Husbando points, you could say he's charismatic and ambitious, he did reach the pinnacle of the country after all.

He doesn't need to run anymore, the government is now changed. If he runs away, its because he doesn't like the food they serve at home.

Battou said:
Except when he's being shot at and pursued ¯\_ :lambirb _/¯ , he's always seen throwing grenades at the shinsengumi, so he's always carrying explosives, one hug too tight and boom you go :lambirb
Yeah, the same Shinsengumi, that he saved and that doesn't bother him anymore:hee. And it's not like they were ever in any serious danger in those intances you are referring too.

Plus the one who should get minus points is Hijikata for how he treated Mitsuba

Vote for Katsura!

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Katsura Kotarou Campaign[post=4950161]Katsura: Introudction [/post]
[post=4953454] Fish, Snow, Games, and More! [/post]
[post=4954413] I Don't Need No Spaceships or Cash[/post]

We are here today to discuss the allegations brought forth today by Hijikata Toshirou against the marvelous Kotarou Katsura.

Please take a seat.

Hijikata legal team over here:

Katsura legal team over here:

Allegation I

Not true. Katsura is a fugitive, but not because he is a violent criminal, simply because his presence presents an obstacle to the government and their corruption.

"Mr. Hijikata, we've found some pretty damning evidence"

What's this? Are you telling me the Shinsengumi Officer accusing Katsura of being a vicious criminal is having a civil conversation with said supposed "criminal" and taking his advice.

Not only that, but read that second bubble carefully, "...would be truly abandoning Edo, Hijikata"...is that implying that Hijikata, and the Shinsengumi by extension have acknowledged the need for change in the government, are you saying Katsura was right all along? Who would've thought :mono

And let's not forget who is the man who rose to the pinnacle of the country, the one really trying to work hard for the benefit of the country.

Doesn't seem like a bad guy to me, and If I recall correctly, isn't Hijikata doing a secret job for him as well :teehee

More Evidence

Hijikata hanging out with Katsura's closest aide:derp

Allegation II:

Constantly escaping is exaggerated, but he's just too suave and sneaky to be caught by the Shinsengumi, no pay raise for you :teehee

But on a serious note, Katsura is known as "Runaway Kotarou"

As you can see, taking his grandmother's words to heart, he took on the role of the coward, but not for his sake, for the sake of protecting his comrades. He is someone who chooses his fights wisely, he's not a hot head who charges into battle needlessly just for the sake of it. He uses a very cautious and reserved approach, shouldering the duties of a general. So no, with Katsura you wouldn't be in danger, he is someone who has had few serious battles in the series to begin with.

And he is more than capable of protecting someone

Or we can just ask Hijikata's boss

Why isn't Hijikata protecting his boss? :nah

Why did Hijikata need Katsura's help to save his boss? Isn't he supposed to be the bad guy and low tier husbando :heh

Allegation III

Evidence 6

:cop

Allegation Verdict: False (external circumstances were responsible for what Mr. Hijikata is allegedly reporting)

Allegation IV

As for this supposed fetish, the whole quote was left out :twitch...see the bold..

It reads:
"Katsura has a soft spot for housewives (or fetish, just choose), especially widows, as shown in the Owee chapter when he was playing the dating simulation and his bond with Ikumatsu. Later on, he digresses on this soft spot by bluntly admitting that he does in fact has a fetish for unfaithful wives. During this digression, Gintoki points out that Katsura has always been shy about women, even as a kid, and mentioned his first crush being the neighborhood widow. "

Just your average case of Katsura being shy and going to an extreme to avoid Gintoki's teasing. He's just a dork:hmph

Let's not forget, Katsura literally went homeless for this woman, but that is another story for another post.

Allegation V

Hmmm?

Closing

The evidence has determined that Katsura Kotarou would indeed make a great husbando.
The allegations presented by Mr. Hijikata have been proven to be false and the evidence shows a man with a caring heart, helping those who won't give him peace of mind, going to extreme lengths for those he cares about, and aspiring for change for the benefit of those around him and the common people. And let's not forget that eccentric personality where everyday is something new, but something fun(see previous posts from Round 1).
So to all those allegations, Katsura says:

Vote for Katsura!!!
Is his hair real or is it as @Battou says? :sad

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
:scryThis matchup makes me sad
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hijikata is really a gentleman, in that one episode where he went arrest that naked girl, not only was he the one who covered her up but also covered her handcuffs so nobody would see. Which was a real small gesture most wouldn’t have caught but it surprised me he did covered her before Kondo and also went the extra mile by covering her handcuffs with a handkerchief.

While Katsura is very much a family man

:luv Can I have both?

Last edited:

SMC

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I'm voting for Kotarou Katsura. Is it extremely shallow of me to vote for the cute guys, without having seen/read the anime/manga they're associated with? XD

Battou

⎲⎳
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
I'm voting for Kotarou Katsura. Is it extremely shallow of me to vote for the cute guys, without having seen/read the anime/manga they're associated with? XD
yes.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Both did excellent campaigns, but I gotta admire Gryff's efforts during the first round against Atobe and in here. So I'm gonna vote for Katsura o/

Bittersweettea

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Katsura is handsome but Hijikata seems a better husbando. So I'm voting for Hijikata.

Status
Not open for further replies.