Hangout - Tournament Hangout Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Tournament Hangout Thread

Favorite Group

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Welcome to the FT Fight Tournament Hangout Thread

This thread is for general discussion about the tournament. Please take some time to be familiar with the Tournament Rules; and of course Forum Rules apply here.

Topics for discussion here can include:
  • General inquiries or questions regarding the tournament can be made here
  • Predictions about winners/losers each round or future rounds
  • Tournament outcomes - were they right/wrong to you? Let the salt flow.
  • Thoughts about how the tournament is running and feedback is welcomed.
Domus Flau has been temporarily hidden while the FT Tournament is running, since fight discussion there would disrupt there would impede the flow of this contest. Once the Tournament is over, Domus Flau will be returned to it's original state in all its glory.

Please use this Hangout for Tournament related discussion and not the Fairy Tail Hangout Thread in the main section.

Here are the signatures. You can use them

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
oops, forgot to unlock this thread lol.

Introducing a new format this year: Best Debater Award! You will get a badge if you win! :occa

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Nobodies like Cana, Cobra, Jura, Midnight, Makarov ... even Nebal... instead of characters like Dimaria, Irene, Wall, Bloodman etc. though now that i think about it im only listing those damn Spriggans lol :xp
@Kiki Is the list based on only characters that are alive and active in the story?

Its interesting to have Suzaku in the mix, when he basically can instantly oneshot everyone else on the list with his speed, and is wanked beyond the likes of August and Irene. Honestly only Natsu might be a match for him (i know he got oneshoted, but that wasnt Natsu at his strongest like with Merc and Aldo-chan, im pretty sure a beating from Natsu is heading Suzaku's way and he will be in shock, probably next arc), inb4 people will actually make arguments where someone like Laxus can beat him, which is ludicrous imo, but im quite interested to see something like that, let the wanking begin :XD FT power and ranking discussions are always a spectacle to watch and read.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Nobodies like Cana, Cobra, Jura, Midnight, Makarov ... even Nebal... instead of characters like Dimaria, Irene, Wall, Bloodman etc. though now that i think about it im only listing those damn Spriggans lol :xp
@Kiki Is the list based on only characters that are alive and active in the story?

Its interesting to have Suzaku in the mix, when he basically can instantly oneshot everyone else on the list with his speed, and is wanked beyond the likes of August and Irene. Honestly only Natsu might be a match for him (i know he got oneshoted, but that wasnt Natsu at his strongest like with Merc and Aldo-chan, im pretty sure a beating from Natsu is heading Suzaku's way and he will be in shock, probably next arc), inb4 people will actually make arguments where someone like Laxus can beat him, which is ludicrous imo, but im quite interested to see something like that, let the wanking begin :XD FT power and ranking discussions are always a spectacle to watch and read.
Cana has that Fairy Glitter that made me remove Juvia. Makarov is still a monster you know :heh Nebal was good IMO. Irene, Wall, Bradman are dead. DiMaria is a farmer now :xp well, we can have more next year, 64 chars even. This one is not the last....

Idk, Suzaku has been impressive so far, but I still believe in the likes of Erza, Laxus, and Jellal getting more feats in the future, to compete with Suzaku.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Cana has that Fairy Glitter that made me remove Juvia. Makarov is still a monster you know :heh Nebal was good IMO. Irene, Wall, Bradman are dead. DiMaria is a farmer now :xp well, we can have more next year, 64 chars even. This one is not the last....
Just like Fairy Law, FG wouldnt do much against Spriggan level characters and beyond, at least not in her hands. Makarov has just monstrous levels of MP at this point, he too old, gonna have a heart attack in the middle of the battle :XD But yeah, if the list is based on alive and active characters in the story than i guess some of the characters do make sense.

Idk, Suzaku has been impressive so far, but I still believe in the likes of Erza, Laxus, and Jellal getting more feats in the future, to compete with Suzaku.
"in the future"

Kaneki Dragneel

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
How does this tournament work?

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
How does this tournament work?
Pick 4 characters from each group, A and B, and give arguments why you think they would win the group fight.
Vote for those 4 characters in the poll above :verily

Kaneki Dragneel

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Pick 4 characters from each group, A and B, and give arguments why you think they would win the group fight.
Wait, I'm new, to which group? Or do I have to choose 4 that I like?

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Oh i didnt even realize you were new. Welcome :verily
Here you go:
GROUP A
GROUP B
Not the ones that you like, but vote for the ones that you think would win in the presented battle royal

Kaneki Dragneel

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Oh i didnt even realize you were new. Welcome :verily
Here you go:
GROUP A
GROUP B
Not the ones that you like, but vote for the ones that you think would win in the presented battle royal
ok I voted, I hope Gray and Natsu stand up for themselves😂, although I'm a little disappointed with Gray from 100 years quest

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Just like Fairy Law, FG wouldnt do much against Spriggan level characters and beyond, at least not in her hands. Makarov has just monstrous levels of MP at this point, he too old, gonna have a heart attack in the middle of the battle :XD But yeah, if the list is based on alive and active characters in the story than i guess some of the characters do make sense.

"in the future"
🙂

cana could keep up with august avoiding getting killed, so that was such a feat :teehee someone has to be weak so others look strong :uguu :teehee
@Kiki Is macro available for mirajane ? :lmao
Macro is allowed. If it is not in the limitations then it is allowed. There are quite a lot of people who said it can be resisted by stronger character, so it is not some irresistible OP ability
Oh welcome! You just joined today :zomg
Will there be more characters in the tournament going forward? Or just the winners from group A and B?
There will be group C and D

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
There will be group C and D
Thanks, messed up on that one, forgot to read the participants part of the info section. This looks like it'll be an interesting tournament.

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
Macro is allowed. If it is not in the limitations then it is allowed. There are quite a lot of people who said it can be resisted by stronger character, so it is not some irresistible OP ability
Said but not shown. And we have to consider canon fact, then none resisted yet , so mira is gonna be real op. The only downside is she can't use for prolonged periods of time. :catshrug, so at best one on one would end up with her win only to be out of energy later.

But say team work, then substitute, enhancement on top of wendy's enchantment spells will be really working in favor of grp B , but as usual, can't use for prolonged periods of time and not on multiple people.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I like her :nod ! She's so underrated, :emocat But i will be supporting my gal to the end !

Cana deserves better! Such a great character.
She was robbed in the Tenrou arc.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
One day left for Group A&B! Vote if you haven't~

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Group A & B - Results!

Gildarts, Erza, Gray, Ajeel of Group A, Natsu, Jellal, Mira, Kiria of Group B advance to Round of 16!

Some trivia:
  • Group A has 4 more voters than Group B; Group A has 64, Group B has 60. There are 4 people who did not vote for Group B....
  • Kiria and Wendy (Group B) competed for the 4th place, while in Group A there is a big gap between 4th place (Ajeel) and 5th (Kagura).
  • Character with the most votes is Gildarts (60 votes) and character with the least votes is Mimi (1 vote).

Last edited:

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
So many words about Elfman vs Ajeel and he got 4 times less votes??? Weird