Discussion - Tournament Hangout | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Tournament Hangout

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
can we see the results?

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The battles weren't anywhere near as close as I expected they'll be. Understandable I guess. Seems Luffy was only proper threat to these two

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
It's gonna be a very interesting finals... :nerd

BASED Shinigami

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's gonna be a very interesting finals... :nerd
Yeah looks it will be closer than I originally thought. I'm little surprised some people don't want to cast a vote.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Yeah looks it will be closer than I originally thought. I'm little surprised some people don't want to cast a vote.
We can't force people to vote I guess. But still saying stuff like "I won't vote" is hardly helpful...
It's also kind of a waste at this stage of the tournament to not vote.I know for a fact that a few of them really got invested in the previous rounds.
Whatever the result might be, I think it's still interesting to vote, even if one is not 100% sure it's the right answer.But hey that's just me.

Last edited:

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
This is a difficult decision and I can understand everyone's dilemma on who to vote. Even I, myself, had to think it through for a while before I made up my mind and cast the vote. :^_^

We have two very formidable participants and both of them are very powerful in their own league. We have seen how they fair in the same arc (Dressrosa) and who they had fought with and how they had won over their opponents. Both parties are from the opposite side of each other - one being protagonist (the "good" side) and the other is an antagonist (the "bad" side"). In many cases, hardly anyone would want and expect a villain to win and would usually side with the protagonist (or the protagonist's allies). For example, in many of the "super heroes" movies/stories (like superman, iron man, batman, X-men, etc), many people would want their heroes to win at the end of the day and wish that the villains would be wiped out or even wish them dead, even if the villains appear to be very strong or even to be more powerful than the protagonists. As such, I feel that perhaps there may be some elements of dilemma and mixed feelings that we may find it hard to decide on who would or should win in this final tournament.

I'm not sure of how you guys feel, but at least I do feel it that way, and due to this reason, it is a tough decision for me to make before I vote.

The reasons of my choice, which I have already stated in the earlier post, that I find it most justifiable to gauge where each participant stands. No doubt Sabo has a lot of potential but it is a shame that he has not been shown fully, even with his encounter with an Admiral and Burgess, it was a short exchange with the opposite party not putting in much effort (especially Fujitora); while Doflamingo had fought with all his might to sustain his throne and maintaining his power and stature , and of course his pride, to rule over the world. Hence, I voted for him since he had really shown his full potential of fighting skills, not just on physical power but also his mental abilities. It is from these qualities that he won my vote.

For those who didn't vote, it is a personal choice. But I would like to encourage you to think once more, perhaps you may share the same sentiments as me :) and find it a difficult decision to make, but if we actually sit down and think thoroughly, maybe we may get a clearer picture to decide. Of course, even if you don't vote, it's fine too. Everyone of us is free to choose. :^_^

Honestly speaking, when I see Sabo vs Doflamingo, I feel like if there is a re-match of Luffy and Doflamingo, I would also wonder who would win, just like how I feel for the current two. :teehee

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Only a few hours left before the end of the vote, so if you haven't voted yet please do so.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The winner of the 2015 One Piece Tournament is:
Sabo

:confetti
He's a man who made short work of a yonko's commander and held his ground against an admiral in a prolonged battle. He was the man found worthy to be second-in-command of the revolutionary army, only beneath the most wanted man in the World! He was a frightening combatant even before acquiring a devil fruit and inheriting the highly coveted Mera Mera Logia fruit only added to his repertoire. There are few who could boast of such impressive feats despite engaging in few and brief battles. With his frightening Dragon's claw and the acquired mera mera fruit, his emergence as the top fighter is well deserved.

With that, the 2015 One Piece Tournament has come to an end. Thank you all for participating and making this memorable. As always, your feedback is appreciated.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Disappointing end. :( But Sabo only got one more vote against Dofla as against Zoro. :D

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
It's only logical that Sabo would win, if he's regarded as "stronger" than Luffy. Anyway congrats to everyone who participated in this event.:confetti

And a special thanks to those who made this event possible by planning it, making the threads etc.:)

Last edited:

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I'm perfectly fine with the result. I'm happy regardless who wins. :super

Congrates Sabo!

I would like to thank everyone who has participated in this tournament in whatever ways it may be, actively or silently. It is much appreciated. I had a lot of fun reading your posts filled with many ideas and thoughts. You guys are amazing! Thank you! :super

Oh, not forgetting the "behind the scene" planning team - Thank you to all of you. :super

As the tournament comes to an end, I feel like we should start another one soon. Oh.... I can't wait for the next one. :teehee

Cheers guys, my happy One Piece family! :^_^

Last edited: