Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 485 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 34 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 485 Spoilers & Discussion

Kallavan will...

• kill Lyborick and take his place

• be killed by Lyborick

• be killed by someone else

• join Wolhaiksong

• join FUG

• None of the above will happen

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Isn’t a god suppose to be hax?

Some slayers are called "gods" by their followers. Do they all have hax? Hmm.

I like Khel Hellams regeneration. And Karaka's body/armor regeneration. Those abilities are hax.

Sorry Yama. You're out of luck and got none. Instead your enemies got the mind control hax over your entire species.

#DoggoProblemz

:toc

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Years ago, SIU said Bam copied the attack Urek Mazino used in the zygaena flower arc.

He doesn't use it, for whatever reason.

Copying a technique perfectly from having seen it only once means he doesn't have to work his ass off learning new things. There are shinsoo abilities which could take years or decades to learn that Bam can pick up in a second through copying. A lot of Bam's abilities are hax. People tend to overlook it and not get mad as Bam is a nice guy. Unlike Sasuke that dick. Lol

I'm definitely not one of those negative cynics who get off on labeling characters "overpowered" or "golden boys".

I just think its funny how the story is playing out. And how Bam is like a swiss army knife in terms of how many different powers and abilities he has.
I'm pretty sure Baam did use that move either in the Workshop or vs Novick/ Ran. Obviously not nearly to the magnitude Urek used it, if Baam was a fisherman I'm sure he'd use it more often.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Any updates on SUI like come on its been far too long, wasn't his original ailment a stiff neck!? Is he trying to let the anime catch up or something before releasing new material?

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Years ago, SIU said Bam copied the attack Urek Mazino used in the zygaena flower arc.

He doesn't use it, for whatever reason.

Copying a technique perfectly from having seen it only once means he doesn't have to work his ass off learning new things. There are shinsoo abilities which could take years or decades to learn that Bam can pick up in a second through copying. A lot of Bam's abilities are hax. People tend to overlook it and not get mad as Bam is a nice guy. Unlike Sasuke that dick. Lol

I'm definitely not one of those negative cynics who get off on labeling characters "overpowered" or "golden boys".

I just think its funny how the story is playing out. And how Bam is like a swiss army knife in terms of how many different powers and abilities he has.
Don't see how it contradicts what I said. He copied that technique, it doesn't mean that he can copy all the techniques. He can't use Hoaqin's Sword Shinsoo technique because he doesn't have the ability to shape it like that, same for other attributes.

And as said above, what he copies from others is generally not better than his own abilities. YHS techniques used so far don't involve Shinsoo attributes and Baam is a born Wave Controller so he is pretty much a much better YHS when using them, YHS taught him the Shinsoo Loop tech too, that he is unable to use himself because he is not as talented. The Jinsung techniques are martial art moves + Shinsoo manipulation so he can replicate them. SIU even said in a recent blog spot that it's the core of his fighting style.

The most hax techniques are mostly too specialized so he can't copy them. Anyway, Baam himself is broken so it's not like his techniques are inferior to most and he is still growing. Urek's technique was no hax and I don't have a particularly hax technique from other Regulars/Rankers in mind that hit him and that's hax as you said. That Urek technique isn't going to be better than his Orb techniques or other stuff like Floral Butterfly variants. Most techniques he copied have only been used once(Daniel, Pan etc) and when he copies something that actually fits him he creates variants.

He copied the Mimesis process recently, but it's the process, he can't replicate the unique transformations of the Houndborn.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
IIRC SIU has made the point that the stuff bam copies is still limited by bam's skill. I suppose the best example of that would be when bam copied the floral butterfly from jinsung. Bam took the attack and was shortly after that able to do it against the golem. But it was clearly much weaker than what jinsung is capable even though its the same. of course with time bam has gotten better through practice and training. Though odds are that to this day bam's floral butterfly is inferior to what jinsung can do in terms of destructive power and skill.

And there are techniques, like arie swordsmanship, which bam can't copy because he lacks arie blood. Bam can essentially copy any technique that can be learned without a special bloodline or trait.

And finally... odds are there are tons of techniques bam has copied but simply doesn't use because he hasn't put any time into them or they ultimately don't suit him in general. If he learns techniques by getting hit once then that means he is learning new techniques pretty much every fight. And even for bam just training one technique can take month or years.

I don't think bam "copied" mimesis. it's not something that can be just learned. He did however devour a portion of doom's powers and he can use that for at least manifesting the thrysas. It's hard to say whether he will get more out of it.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Bam copied dogkin mimesis instantly. A technique which could normally take doggos years to learn, he reduced to having no learning curve whatsoever.

Bam copied Khel Hellam's teleportation technique instantly. A technique only a limited number of high rankers can do. Learned instantaneously. It might normally take hundreds or thousands of years for a normal person to learn it. Which is why so few are able to utilize it.

The only technicality on both of the above is SIU retconning and scaling back Bam's copy spam ability. Once he realized it was too OP.

There are plenty of technqiues Bam could likely copy including Hoaqin's sword skills. Bam not being a swordsman has no need of them. Mimesis sword and shield skills are better suited to his skill, fighting style and power levels.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
IIRC SIU has made the point that the stuff bam copies is still limited by bam's skill. I suppose the best example of that would be when bam copied the floral butterfly from jinsung. Bam took the attack and was shortly after that able to do it against the golem. But it was clearly much weaker than what jinsung is capable even though its the same. of course with time bam has gotten better through practice and training. Though odds are that to this day bam's floral butterfly is inferior to what jinsung can do in terms of destructive power and skill.

And there are techniques, like arie swordsmanship, which bam can't copy because he lacks arie blood. Bam can essentially copy any technique that can be learned without a special bloodline or trait.

And finally... odds are there are tons of techniques bam has copied but simply doesn't use because he hasn't put any time into them or they ultimately don't suit him in general. If he learns techniques by getting hit once then that means he is learning new techniques pretty much every fight. And even for bam just training one technique can take month or years.

I don't think bam "copied" mimesis. it's not something that can be just learned. He did however devour a portion of doom's powers and he can use that for at least manifesting the thrysas. It's hard to say whether he will get more out of it.
Arie Swordmanship can be taught to non Arie. Adori and some other royal guards know it. At the very least, Baam can't create a Shinsoo Sword.

He got what he needed from that exchange with Doom. He has partial transformation and levels. He'll get more levels as he gets stronger. This is not exactly like them but for someone who is not a Houndborn you can't get better than that.

Bam copied dogkin mimesis instantly. A technique which could normally take doggos years to learn, he reduced to having no learning curve whatsoever.

Bam copied Khel Hellam's teleportation technique instantly. A technique only a limited number of high rankers can do. Learned instantaneously. It might normally take hundreds or thousands of years for a normal person to learn it. Which is why so few are able to utilize it.

The only technicality on both of the above is SIU retconning and scaling back Bam's copy spam ability. Once he realized it was too OP.

There are plenty of technqiues Bam could likely copy including Hoaqin's sword skills. Bam not being a swordsman has no need of them. Mimesis sword and shield skills are better suited to his skill, fighting style and power levels.
SIU never said that Baam's copying ability was without limits. And the teleportation he uses is thanks to the second Thorn fragment. It doesn't make sense to say that he can copy Hoaqin's techniques but doesn't because he is not a swordsman and then claim that the Mimesis Sword fits him. The thing with him in these recent arcs is that he is getting powers he never used before. But these abilities at least will clearly stay relevant in the long run unlike all the other stuff that he copies and never uses because they don't fit him.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
If we agree Baam copied Khels bow/teleportation then we can agree Baam copied an Arie sword/ and I think he used an Arie move in the Dallars Games in the HT
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If anything he uses the souls to forge the weapon

Brian Taboada

Reaction score
Country
United States
Certain techniques are better for fighter particular adversaries while not as effective against other adversaries. Baam certainly fashioned a sword out of shinsu in the hell train arc. Perhaps with the help of the souls. However, other than his time with Black March, we have not seen him using other weapons. This does not mean he cant. What it does mean is Yasarach may be in for a big surprise when pairing people with Baam during this next game as Baam is very adaptive and can not only copy techniques but is smart enough to figure out the best counter against those he is fighting. Often at a surprise to them.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Arie Swordmanship can be taught to non Arie. Adori and some other royal guards know it. At the very least, Baam can't create a Shinsoo Sword.

He got what he needed from that exchange with Doom. He has partial transformation and levels. He'll get more levels as he gets stronger. This is not exactly like them but for someone who is not a Houndborn you can't get better than that.
Yes, but at the time was able to fully use it because there were arie swords within the souls he took. Even if bam makes a sword out of shinsoo or just uses a regular sword, he won't be able to use arie swordsmanship like a true arie could. He'd just be able to learn and copy what his lineage permits.

My point was more about the mechanics about what bam does. You can't just "learn" mimesis. As if, no amount of training can give that to you. Bam turned out this way because when doom tried to make bam into a houndborne bam simply devoured the power and now he applies it through the thrysas.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Certain techniques are better for fighter particular adversaries while not as effective against other adversaries. Baam certainly fashioned a sword out of shinsu in the hell train arc. Perhaps with the help of the souls. However, other than his time with Black March, we have not seen him using other weapons. This does not mean he cant. What it does mean is Yasarach may be in for a big surprise when pairing people with Baam during this next game as Baam is very adaptive and can not only copy techniques but is smart enough to figure out the best counter against those he is fighting. Often at a surprise to them.
Just thought of this, Yas was impressed when Baam used teleportation. I can see him trying to do what Doom tried doing. Also I wish Khel continued when he told Doom to stop or he would die!

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Still nothing, huh? Its getting a bit concerning now. How ill is SIU actually?

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Still nothing, huh? Its getting a bit concerning now. How ill is SIU actually?
I think that we should wait for tomorrow‘s update. The chapter is usually released on Sundays iirc.

SIU didn’t even post anything on Twitter yet. I‘m also getting worried.

roggie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Good thing solo leveling is back waiting is becoming depressing .
Just read the plot in the wiki. Isn't it extremely alike the gamer? Not that i won't give it a try.
I used to have 20+ series running at the same time, reading 2 or 3 everyday.
Now most are over (or worse, were ended), is in hiatus or are taking too long to release a new chapter. Dark times we are living in...

Edit: yeah, read it all (solo leveling). One more series to wait for a new chapter

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just read the plot in the wiki. Isn't it extremely alike the gamer? Not that i won't give it a try.
I used to have 20+ series running at the same time, reading 2 or 3 everyday.
Now most are over (or worse, were ended), is in hiatus or are taking too long to release a new chapter. Dark times we are living in...

Edit: yeah, read it all (solo leveling). One more series to wait for a new chapter
I'm sure plenty of others do too, but I for sure have plenty of other Webtoons or Manhwa that you can use to pass the time while waiting for SIU to return. Depends on what generally interests you, because I've got a large variety of tastes myself. Solo Leveling will certainly help scratch that ToG itch, but we live in an age where the amazing talents of so many writers are out there for everyone to enjoy, all at once.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Some slayers are called "gods" by their followers. Do they all have hax? Hmm.

I like Khel Hellams regeneration. And Karaka's body/armor regeneration. Those abilities are hax.

Sorry Yama. You're out of luck and got none. Instead your enemies got the mind control hax over your entire species.

#DoggoProblemz

:toc
Yama being immune to the Shinsu of those weaker than him Is a hax.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
not of those weaker than him, of those who are scared of him. Being immune to the power of those weaker than you is redundant....

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
not of those weaker than him, of those who are scared of him. Being immune to the power of those weaker than you is redundant....
Yeah scared. That’s a great ability tho, someone like Prime Doom is scared of him. Seems like if you’re not in the top 100 range you’re not a threat to Yama.